Top Attractions in Takarazuka
Learn more about this content
Tours, activities and experiences bookable on Tripadvisor, ranked using exclusive Tripadvisor data including reviews, ratings, photos, popularity, user preferences, price, and bookings made through Tripadvisor.
What travellers are saying
- We enjoyed the walk to the temple from the station. It is lined with interesting shops and restaurants.
We visited in Winter so the trees were without leaves and it was quite cold. The turtle pond had no turtles to be seen as I feel they were all hiding from the cold. I have been told there are many turtles in summertime.
We found the complex very interesting and enjoyed being part of the many trekking up the hill to the temple.
We had a lovely lunch on our way back down to the station.Written 15 April 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- It is strange I live here in Takarazuka city long line but I never came here to see Nakayamadera. I am happy to have this experience too. Beautiful place I am sure to return here I think during New Years holidayWritten 24 November 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I love horses and my house is so closed to the races place! Just five minutes by bike! Lose or win was not my pursue! Just watched those beautiful horses!Written 16 August 2017This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- We loved this stroll along the pathway. The gardens along the way are beautifully maintained and the statues are very pretty. The path passes the Takarazuka Revue Theatre and you just might get a glimpse of the stars and the fans. If you are an Astro Boy fan there are scenes from the series plus others from the same artist along the pathway. We choose to walk from our hotel to the next station each day so that we could enjoy this walk.Written 15 April 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Osamu Tezuka was a great artist, a prodigy, a scholar and a clean living gentleman who loved children and gave them a good message for life. The exhibits in this museum are an indication of his great talent and requires a load of reading. The comic characters he created are famous from the 1950's, 60's, 70's and 80's and anyone born in those years would know some of the characters and grew up with them. I know that Manga Fans all think that he was a Famous Manga Creator, but the truth is that the characters he made transcend time and the meant a lot to people who grew up with them. He invented Monkey Magic with Monkey, Pigsy and the fish god, King Kong, The Lion King, Kimba the White Lion and many more. We all attrributed them to Walt Disney, but Walt wasn't an Artist, he was an entrepreneur and he used all of the characters in his films, with no mention about the actual artists names. so here we have a museum full of famous characters from our past, not really anything to do with the "now" generation. Today, my wife and I visited the museum amongst bus loads of kindergarten children, who didn't really know why they were there and only stayed about 10 minutes and they were all gone. We went up to the second floor and saw some characters which we didn't know, in a special 5 year Anniversary of the characters. But the real part of the museum for us was the history of the great artist and information about his achievements through his life. It would take a long time to read everything, see a short movie, buy a soft drink, view the exhibits and use the interactive displays, but we felt happy we had seen this museum. Recommended for older folk who grew up with these famous characters.Written 11 June 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- This part of the toll highway was opened earlier this year, thus this Service Area is still very new.
A interesting note: The building design is an homage to the Takarazuka Revue. The all female musical show that Takarazuka is famous for. You should check out the bathrooms. It is 'theatrical'.
Lot of food choices, bakery, Tully's coffee house, a mini version of Ikari Supermarket all are housed in this complex. Outside, there are food trucks. Japanese fried noodles truck, Turkish falafel truck, custard desserts in an egg shell truck, Kobe beef bento box truck .... the list goes on.
We thought that everything was tourist prices. Quite expensive.
If you want to go to this place but do not want to use the toll road, there is a back way and a small parking lot for the locals.
We probably won't go back because this is a highway we rarely use.Written 28 November 2018This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I've been this place many times but first time to get inside to see everything. It was so many flower and not many trees. There are Japanese garden in front of the store.Written 10 October 2016This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- I have not been here in months, so I decided to go last Sunday! I always feel happy to come here even if I have been here x times .Nice place and beautiful as well if you are alone or with friends, familyWritten 1 December 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Somewhat cramped in, shopping was interesting and varied. So much stuff with too much plastic wrapping!Written 5 January 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
- Not difficult to navigate your way there by taking the hankyu line . From the station to this place is less than 10mins walk .
The place is beautiful and just built a new pagoda.Written 18 October 2019This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Frequently Asked Questions about Takarazuka
- The most popular things to do in Takarazuka with children according to Tripadvisor travellers are:See all kid friendly things to do in Takarazuka on Tripadvisor