Duration: < 1 hour
Suggest edits to improve what we show.Improve this listing
Tours & experiences
Explore different ways to experience this place.
What is Travellers’ Choice?
Tripadvisor gives a Travellers’ Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travellers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor.
Top ways to experience Forsyth Park
Reach out directly
We rank these restaurants and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location.
475 within 5 kms
165 within 10 kms
See what travellers are saying
- Even looks cool under the iceHad a nice Christmas walk through the park. The fountain looked amazing with the decorations and the water flowing through areas that had frozen over! This park, amongst many others within the historic district, are quite pleasant to stroll through. It would be good to come back in the spring, with everything in bloom.Visited December 2022Written 27 December 2022
- Beautiful public parklovely spot to walk about, the Saturday Farmers' Market was fun to wander through. Watching the frisbee tournament was fun too. Beautiful fountain - who knew it was a mail order item? :-)Visited February 2023Written 27 February 2023
- Reminded us of Paris!It was a pleasant walk to get there from the River District and we were able to pass thru several other squares. We loved the fountain and seeing people sitting on the benches all around the fountain reminded us of Paris. It was a nice shady rest spot before we resumed our walk. It was beautiful, very Old World, and work the stop.Visited March 2023Written 7 March 2023
- Beautiful Must See Park!Beautiful park! On Saturday there was a wonderful farmer's market and artists, live music, people of all ages enjoying the park. Water fountain had green water dyed for St. Patrick's Day. We enjoyed lunch at Collins. Made reservation then shopped until our table was ready. Also visited on week day and artists were there but no live music. Great park to stroll or bring lunch and sit outside. We walked thru in morning, afternoon and late evening. Loved it!Visited March 2023Written 15 March 2023
- Absolutely beautiful park!Allow time to relax on a bench, this is the largest walking area and includes the beautiful fountain circle. Scenic green setting and good food at the tavern on the green type indoor garden house / outdoor patio restaurant at the opposite end of the park from the fountain. Good coffee and dessert stop, also.Visited March 2023Written 25 March 2023
- Pack a picnic and enjoy!Beautiful park with a gorgeous fountain. There were artists in the park painting and selling items. The playgrounds are great with a restaurant nearby that sells ice cream. Clean public restrooms. We visited twice during our week-long vacation in Savannah. Definitely a picnic-worthy park.Visited March 2023Travelled with familyWritten 26 March 2023
- Pretty parkBeautiful park that is worth the visit. Trees are gorgeous. Lots of benches for enjoying the view. Dog friendly too. The buildings around the park are very pretty. Lovely fountain, monuments to military heroes, and playgrounds for children.Visited March 2023Travelled as a coupleWritten 28 March 2023
- SCAD Sidewalk Arts Festival and Farmer's MarketWe came down for the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD) Sidewalk Arts Festival and Parent's Weekend. The event was very well organized and the students worked hard on their projects. It was an amazing experience! We were also fortunate enough to go to the farmer's market in the morning. It was a very yummy day.Visited April 2023Written 25 April 2023
- Worth making a trip!Rich history, beautiful sights, kind people! We saw multiple graduates taking pictures in front of the fountain which was lovely. People were very kind and respectful to each other when someone wanted to take a photo with minimal background distraction. So many artists painting, drawing, musicians playing, kids and puppies - It was delightful! Can’t wait to go back!Visited May 2023Travelled as a coupleWritten 2 May 2023
- Beautiful Park-great for people watching and picnicsOn our first day in Savannah we walked around and explored the city and this is one of the first places we explored. Beautiful park-trees with Spanish moss, a fountain, playground, gardens and statues. We walked through a few times during our visit. Picnics are dotted throughout the park. Great people watching as well! I ran through and around the park every morning as well. A must see when in Savannah!Visited May 2023Travelled as a coupleWritten 9 May 2023
These reviews are the subjective opinion of Tripadvisor members and not of TripAdvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Nov 2023 • Couples
It's like being inside a storybook. It's SO beautiful!! My visit in mid November has been cloudy and a little cool, but it didn't stop us from a visit to this beautiful park. It wasnt too crowded and the trees are simply breathtaking. I would be happy spending an entire warm spring day on the grassy lawn here.... Stress just melts away.
Written 13 November 2023
Nov 2023 • Couples
My husband and I were in town for our anniversary and this park is a Beauty. Saturday mornings are a must for the market. You will find artists, farmers and so much more selling their goods. The grounds are beautiful and insta worth pictures for all.
Written 12 November 2023
Oct 2023 • Family
Lovely and worth every step! The Live Oaks and Spanish moss create a dreamy atmosphere - indigenous architecture surrounding the park square is as if one has stepped into another time period altogether
Written 2 November 2023
Oct 2023 • Couples
Huge green space in the middle of the Historic District. The iconic fountain is beautiful. And of course the place is full of tourists.
Written 30 October 2023
Oct 2023 • Friends
What a beautiful park. We stayed near the park, so often walked thru the park and loved it. It felt very safe and walked thru at all times of the day. Great farmers market on Saturday
Written 29 October 2023
Oct 2023 • Couples
This park used to be stunning. I used to feel safe walking through the park at any time. My recent trip has made me wonder why the city doesn’t take more pride in the amazing history you have! I had trouble with the multitude of homeless people and felt unsafe during a midday walk. Do better Savannah
Written 22 October 2023
Oct 2023 • Couples
This is a lovely park in the historic district with lots of activities going on. There are always people enjoying the park, trees and also has a farmer's market, music festivals, artists and of course the lovely fountain. You can find clean public restrooms here as well.
Written 22 October 2023
Oct 2023 • Couples
Beautiful park. Lots of wide open spaces. Even a restaurant in the park. Lots of history in Savannah.
Written 6 October 2023
Sep 2023 • Couples
Forsyth Park is very spacious with areas for different activities. One of the focal points of the park is the lovely white fountain. It is hard to believe that it was actually ordered from a catalog! The restrooms we used in the park were very clean which was a bonus.
Written 3 October 2023
Sep 2023 • Friends
Savannah Jazz Festival. Lots of venders, excellent muscians/bands. Venue was great as always! Weather was perfect!
Written 1 October 2023
Showing results 1-10 of 8,810
Hi! I want to run in this park early in the morning around 6 am or 7 am while it is still dark by myself on a upcoming trip. I am a 30 yr old female/ is it safe to do that?
we were there in the middle of the day, and there were plenty of unsavory characters around. dont do it, to be safe.
I notice some mention quite a bit of criminal activity. Mace is available for about $20, do many visitors carry it?
I guess I disagree with this statement. We live here and walk the park all day and night. It is like any city, don’t be stupid. Take care to walk in the lights. Be polite if someone approaches. Our folks here are very kind and understanding that people might give some change if they have it but most wont. BUT, as for CRIME.....wrong city. Forsyth Park is patrolled day and night. Who ever made this statement should be ashamed of themselves.
Do you recommend carrying mace? We are planning a March trip.
We were super save there with 2 small kids .. Stay in the well populated areas. We even staid in a more run down area and we gad no issues whatsoever. Felt super safe ... just be a nice respectful visitor and I am sure thus place is a southern gem.
FORSYTH PARK: All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (with Photos)
Frequently Asked Questions about Forsyth Park
- According to Tripadvisor travellers, these are the best ways to experience Forsyth Park:
- Savannah Midnight in the Garden of Good & Evil Narrated Walking Tour (From €31.91)
- Savannah Hop-On Hop-Off Trolley Tour (From €27.32)
- Walking Tour of Savannah's Historic District (From €31.91)
- Savannah's 13 Ghosts, Voodoo, Murder & Mystery Tour (From €23.66)
- Private Photoshoot in Savannah, GA (From €59.27)
- Hotels near Forsyth Park:
- (0.04 km) Parlor On Park
- (0.05 km) Newly Renovated 2 Bedroom Historic Savannah Apartment Located On Forsyth Park
- (0.06 km) Modernist Luxe Getaway ~ 5★ Victorian District ♡
- (0.12 km) Catherine Ward House Inn
- (0.22 km) Roussell's Garden Bed & Breakfast