Enjoy a drink along the water (or on it), snagging a seat at one of Bayside Marketplace's big-name restaurants or setting off on a sunset cruise touring Biscayne Bay's islands.
Duration: More than 3 hours
Suggest edits to improve what we show.Improve this listing
Tours & experiences
Explore different ways to experience this place.
Top ways to experience Bayside Marketplace
How to get there
- College/Bayside • 5 min walk
- First St • 6 min walk
Reach out directly
We rank these restaurants and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location.
1,663 within 5 kms
390 within 10 kms
See what travellers are saying
- "Want to go on a boat ride? A tour? Need a taxi? Let me show you what we have..."Went here on a recommendation looking for a decent restaurant. We were tired from traveling all day, and Uber dropped us off here. We were immediately "attacked" by people wanting to sell us tours, boat rides, car rides, trips, and God know what else. We walked fast to get away from the initial onslaught, but they were everywhere. Skipped all of the shops because of it and went straight to a restaurant whose name we recognized. Overall, the market seems rundown and dreary and beyond its heyday. Definitely not a place we will return to.Visited December 2022Written 28 December 2022
- A mixture of touristy stuff but also some great restaurants and shopsIgnoring all the tours and the chain stores, this place does have some charm. The main reason to go here IMO is to eat at Bacon Bitch. But there are also some shops here that are not chain that have some nice items. This is not a must visit place, but if nearby may be worth checking out.Visited March 2022Written 4 January 2023
- It has lost its attractiveness over the yearsThe first time I came here was in 2013 when there were many brands there that I liked (Gap, Clarks, Us Polo Assn.). I came back in 2017, 2018 and 2023 and realised that the shops more tend to the low-quality side while prices for food (cup of fruits for 10$) remains high. I really only come back for the US Polo Assn Shop, for browsing and of enjoy the views on the bay.Visited January 2023Written 17 January 2023
- Ok if you are close byAs others have mentioned this is a tourist attraction. You can arrange for a boat or city tour from one of the many vendors at this location. It is compromised of many tourist type store and a number of warehouse clearance stores. In addition there are a number of restaurants to choose from with different types of food. If you are in the area you can stop by but not worth a long distance trip to see it unless you are going on a bus or boat tour. Most of them seem to leave from this location. There is a ferris wheel as part of the things to do there. The ferris wheel provides a nice view of the area is not a bad option to try if you are already there.Visited February 2023Travelled as a coupleWritten 19 February 2023
- Fun open air tourist trap.A 2 storey open-air complex comprising many tourist-oriented shops and restaurants, the Marketplace is located on the waterfront. It seems to be a popular place for city tours to start as well as many water-based tours. It’s clean throughout and well worth a look as a tourist.Visited February 2023Written 22 February 2023
- UnderwhelmingIt was fair at best if I’m honest. Lots of people selling cruise / boat ride tickets and lots of cheap souvenir shops. I love finding local markets and supporting local artists or even just good shopping in generalS for me, this wasn’t any of the above. The Ferris wheel and palm trees made for great pictures but I’d much rather walk along Lincoln Road or Ocean Drive than here. It would be towards the bottom of my to do list in Miami - so many better options.Visited February 2023Travelled with friendsWritten 4 March 2023
- There's so much here!I was surprised how big this place was and how much there is here. Plenty of tourist souvenir shops, clothes outlets, restaurants, bars, the skyview wheel and boat tours. The only reason for not giving 5 stars is following the signs for the gents I ended up walking out the back of the mall, through clouds of weed to a portable toilet with no light in and no wash facilities. Actually, there might have been wash facilities but it was so dark in there that I couldn't see anything but by the time I walked through the clouds of weed to get there I didn't care anyway!Visited March 2023Travelled as a coupleWritten 11 March 2023
- Shopping with a Large Parking FEE AttachedWe enjoyed this location, however with you stay for 3hr or more the Parking Fee is $30 an is outrageous. We also were looking for Handicap parking and they block off the Handicap parking due to the Basketball games and therefore handicap people don't have a close place to park as Florida Statue requires. I will be notifying the State with a Complaint about blocking or selling spaces to others who are not handicap. Not the right thing to do.Visited March 2023Written 18 March 2023
- Good for a short visitThe Marketplace is under construction and there are no restrooms for males. I have always loved going there but right now it is crowded as they work on the construction. The boat rides are still there. There is also some nice shops and places to eat.Visited March 2023Travelled soloWritten 19 March 2023
- Great Atmosphere/VibeIn a day early for a cruise so what better way than walk across the street from the Holiday Inn and spend the afternoon/evening walking the complex and taking in all the beautiful scenery. It was extra festive being St. Patrick's Day, with festivities on the water, bars buzzing with March Madness and the 82 degrees and sunshine. We spent a nice long afternoon at the Landshark Bar & Grill that we loved with their basketball specials. In the evening the place lights up and the Miami skyline around Bayside was fantastic and cruise ships are visible a short distance away at the port. Overall, there were hundreds of shops and restaurants, but the only negative was the limited breakfast options there the next morning. The only real sit down breakfast place wanted $28 for pancakes and $7 for juice. Not going to happen. They need to put something realistic for breakfast in here and if not please put a Wendy's in here for a good fast food breakfast under $10.Visited March 2023Written 31 March 2023
These reviews are the subjective opinion of Tripadvisor members and not of TripAdvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We perform checks on reviews.
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
Nov 2023 • Couples
A good place to kill a couple hours. Plenty of little souvenir stores and all are over priced. All have the same thing. Plenty of places to eat and if you like to booze, then you'll enjoy this place. Bring your credit card. They prefer CC rather than cash. We had a Lobster Roll - $30 for that. We split it. It was the size of 2 pc of Texas Toast if you know what that is. Other than booze, expensive food, venders in your face trying to get you in their store or sell you their boat rides... It was OK to kill off a couple hours. We got there at 11 and left at 1 on a Thursday so it was quiet and not very crowded.
Written 30 November 2023
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Nov 2023 • Couples
Vibrant area with shops food ocean views and many attractions. Big bus tours and boat tours stop there. Not far from airport or beaches
Written 28 November 2023
Nov 2023 • Friends
It is nice overlooking the water and walking around. It has restaurants, bars, clothing shops, sightseeing cruises and fishing charters. Everything is very overpriced! But for a stroll around once in the day and evening when it's lit up is nice.
Written 25 November 2023
Oct 2023 • Couples
Kinda neat to do but just a bunch of touristy shops and high priced restaurants. Parking is high. Good place to find excursions.
Written 10 November 2023
Oct 2023 • Couples
Great place to buy souvenirs or eat near the Biscayne Bay. Also you can take a boat tour to the Famous Mansions or take the Hip on Hip Off Bus to go around Miami and Miami Beach. You also have the metro mover very close. The only con is the parking which is very expensive.
Written 9 November 2023
Sep 2023 • Solo
Excellent shopping area. With market stalls. Doesn't open until 10.30am. Good choice of restaurants.
Lots of stalls selling tours, boat and bus trips.
Lots of stalls selling tours, boat and bus trips.
Written 4 October 2023
Aug 2023 • Family
My parents and I, recently came back from our Miami trip. May I say this was the best place for people who want to go shopping, enjoy a meal with great vibes and views. We loved the atmosphere and the views. Highly recommend.
Written 28 September 2023
Apr 2023 • Friends
We were in town for a Virgin Voyage cruise and needed a place to grab a bite to eat before retiring to our hotel and this was the perfect location! There is more to do here than just eat! You can go on short boat cruises, have a cocktail or 3, lol, meet up and catch up with friends! That's exactly what I did! I met up with some friends, had good food, cocktails, and enjoyed the view from the restaurant. Prime location for Miami! Can't go wrong here but pack some patience for the parking garage! My suggestion...UBER!
Written 19 September 2023
Aug 2023 • Family
Great stores and restaurants. Excellent energy. Plenty of places to buy Miami merchandise. Great variety of food places but my fave is Margaritaville.
Written 4 September 2023
Jul 2023 • Couples
Nice shopping and restaurants in a great location. Something for every budget.We enjoyed people watching and had a great meal.Picked up some nice souvenirs
Written 26 August 2023
Showing results 1-10 of 6,651
Es mejor hacer el tour en barco en el dia o en la noche?? q costo aprox, tienen??
A mi me encantó de noche pero lo hicimos privado la zona de brikel es la más linda desde embarcaciones sin dudas!! Yo te recomiendo de noche pero no recuerdo las tarifas!!! Saludos
There’s a way, using public transportation, that I can go to Key Biscayne beach? I’m going to Miami using the brig one train. Thanks!
You can go to key biscayne beach by taxi or Uber. Bayside is minutes away $20 cost max. Try to avoid rush hour traffic before 9:00 AM or after 4:00PM
BAYSIDE MARKETPLACE: All You Need to Know BEFORE You Go (with Photos)
Frequently Asked Questions about Bayside Marketplace
- According to Tripadvisor travellers, these are the best ways to experience Bayside Marketplace:
- Big Bus Miami open top bus tour with optional Biscayne Bay cruise (From €27.34)
- City Half Day Tour of Miami by Bus with Sightseeing Cruise (From €27.34)
- Speedboat Sightseeing Tour of Miami (From €41.03)
- Sightseeing Cruise of Biscayne Bay (From €27.35)
- Miami Combo: City Tour, Biscayne Bay Cruise and Everglades Airboat Ride (From €63.82)
- Hotels near Bayside Marketplace:
- (0.03 km) Charter 60ft Sea Ray Private Yacht
- (0.05 km) New Premier Platinum Studio W/King bed and Queen Sofa Bed
- (0.05 km) Yacht charter , Sunsekeer Manhatan 70 foot , 4 hours min , 6 hours max
- (0.06 km) 2 Bed 2 Bathroom Condo
- (0.06 km) The Bayfront IX - 8709