We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Walking is a pain because of all the vendors. The New malls make this street, which used to be the only real shopping option, almost obsolete. For those who like to feel the bustle of people - it is worth a relatively short look.
Colon is now combined with new and old culture. You can still feel the presents of the old structure of some building limited to 6th floor high and and some newly visible structure rising on the nearby sight. Landmarks are placed in some area to...More
walking in colon street is to go inside a different world. We go with the Jeepny from Ayala center, a very exclusive mall, to Colon street about 25 minutes, depend on he traffic on the road. As we go into the Jeepny we already are...More
Colon street has a lot to offer. Bargains from clothing to food items and personal necessities for your home and even for your work place. Everything in Colon is pocket-friendly. But, it also offers a risk, pickpocketers/snatchers are scattered all over the streets, so walk...More
Response from hymanr2017 | Reviewed this property |
I agree also with Ed regarding what your interest is but having traveled to Cebu many times while assigned to the US Embassy in Manila I have a couple of sites that I think are worth your time. Any taxi driver will be glad... More
I agree also with Ed regarding what your interest is but having traveled to Cebu many times while assigned to the US Embassy in Manila I have a couple of sites that I think are worth your time. Any taxi driver will be glad to take you to these but I would recommend using one of the hotel cars for the day. Sites to see:
1. Basilica del Santo Niño to view a 500 year old religious relic.
2. Cebu Taoist Temple which will give you a sense of some of the diversity of the Philippines.
3. Magellan's Cross which is supposed to be the cross, encased in metal, placed over the grave of Magellan.
4. Old Fort San Pedro a historic Spanish fort near the waterfront.
5. If you are daring then a visit to the Sky Experience Adventure.
6. If you really want some of the culture a visit to Carbon Market would provide this but be cautious at this location.
7. An interesting site on the island of Mactan is Lapu-Lapu Shrine, not a must but interesting.
8. If you are interested in nature I recommend a day trip to Mantayupan Falls located on the west side of Cebu in the town of Barili.
There are any number of interesting museums and houses to be seen but the items I have listed I have always found to be of interest and I have visited them many times over the 50 years I have visited and lived in the Philippines. Enjoy your trip and be sure and try the Philippine cuisine, especially the Adobo.
Response from jeff1955malaysia | Reviewed this property |
the best way is by cab. From robinson is straight down the road about 2 Km. colon road is quite long. many shops on both side of the road. Beware of pick pocketers. many shopping centres are found along the road.