We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Waterfall Savica

| Near Bohinj Lake, Bohinjsko Jezero, Slovenia
+386 4 574 60 10
Website
Save
Review Highlights
Worth the steps

We first hesitated to start climbing since it was over 30 degrees. But we took it nice and slow and... read more

Reviewed yesterday
JYL072
,
Espoo
via mobile
Brilliant views along the way

If you're walking from the lake be prepared for a 2 hour hike and make sure to pack some decent... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
travelling932
,
London, United Kingdom
via mobile
Read all 468 reviews
Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Overview
  • Excellent43%
  • Very good36%
  • Average16%
  • Poor4%
  • Terrible1%
Travellers talk about
“car park” (21 reviews)
“entrance fee” (17 reviews)
“nice walk” (15 reviews)
LOCATION
| Near Bohinj Lake, Bohinjsko Jezero, Slovenia
CONTACT
Website
+386 4 574 60 10

Similar Things to Do in Bohinjsko Jezero

Write a Review
Reviews (468)
Traveller rating
Traveller type
Time of year
Language

1 - 10 of 468 reviews

Reviewed yesterday

We first hesitated to start climbing since it was over 30 degrees. But we took it nice and slow and the waterfalls were worth seeing. Especially in hot weather remember to fill your water bottle before the climbing.

Thank JYL072
Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

If you're walking from the lake be prepared for a 2 hour hike and make sure to pack some decent footwear (not flip flops like we made the mistake of doing!). From the car park it's a 20 minute walk up to the waterfall predominantly...More

Thank travelling932
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

We decided to drive to the car park and walk from there. There is a small charge to park and a small charge to enter the path to the waterfall. There are numerous steps to the viewpoint but the waterfall was in full flow when...More

Thank Lady B
Reviewed 5 days ago

No reason why the view to a waterfall shall be charged at all. Not to mention that the waterfall is very average in terms of height, water flow.... There are hundred of such waterfalls in Europe.

Thank Tomaz_Tercek
Reviewed 1 week ago

This hike takes about 30 minutes round trip for an average person. I am fit and did it in about 20. The path up is 90% paved with the remaining 10% well maintained. Decent view of the valley from the top. Would have been more...More

Thank Michael H
Reviewed 1 week ago

We arrived early, straight after breakfast and it is a fairly steep climb up the 500 or so steps up to the waterfall. We arrived to find only one other couple there (Hi Ron and Wendy!!) and in the early morning sun the waterfall looked...More

Thank sharpster08
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We walked to the waterfall all the way from Ukanc village, that takes around 1 hour till entrance of the waterfall. Having previously obtained the Bohinj mobility card we went in for free to see the waterfall. From the entrance it takes about 15-20 minutes...More

Thank Hajni B
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Myself and my girlfriend trekked from Ukanc to the Savica Waterfall on a pleasant spring day. I would reccomend suitable walking footwear and perhaps a picnic or snacks as there are a few picnic areas/benches scattered on the ascent to the waterfall itself so perhaps...More

Thank Dan9320
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A nice walk through the forest opens at the top to the stunning waterfall. The Savica Waterfall is the source of the Sava Bohinjka, as it flows into Lake Bohinj. Savica is very unique among world waterfalls – its watercourse is divided into two parts...More

1  Thank Sanda V
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having walked half way around Lake Bohinj, my husband & I decided to check out Savica waterfall. The walk to the waterfall is easy for a relatively fit person. Allow 1.5 to 2 hours for the return trip, from the lake. ( The waterfall can...More

1  Thank julieDaffodil
Nearby
Nearby Restaurants
Gostilna Erlah
226 reviews
2.82 km away
Foksner
39 reviews
7.33 km away
Pod Skalco
45 reviews
6.93 km away
Okrepcevalnica Rozle
10 reviews
7.34 km away
Nearby Attractions
Vogel Ski Center
397 reviews
4.65 km away
Church of St John the Baptist
23 reviews
6.38 km away
Mostnica Gorge
65 reviews
7.93 km away
Questions & Answers
Get quick answers from Waterfall Savica staff and past visitors.
Note: your question will be posted publicly on the Questions & Answers page.
Posting guidelines
Submit