A combination display of water, music and light which was originally built in 1929. It was restored in 1992 and provides a spectacular show every half hour.
Suggest edits to improve what we show.Improve this listing
All you need to step foot in the door.
Top ways to experience The Magic Fountain
- LIKELY TO SELL OUT*Barcelona in One Day: Sagrada Familia, Park Guell & Old Town with Hotel Pick-up215Recommended96% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Bus Toursfrom€98.50per adult (price varies by group size)
- LIKELY TO SELL OUT*Sagrada Familia and Montserrat Small Group Tour with Hotel pick-up178Recommended96% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Bus Toursfrom€110.00per adult (price varies by group size)
- Montjuic Mountain Private Tour with Cable Car Experience13Recommended100% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Cable Car Toursfrom€129.00per adult (price varies by group size)
- 3-hour Barcelona, Montjuic Hill, and Gothic Quarter E-Bike Tour42Recommended97% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.E-Bike Toursfrom€39.00per adult (price varies by group size)
- LIKELY TO SELL OUT*Best of Barcelona: Sagrada Familia and Old Town Tour with Hotel Pick-up20Recommended100% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Bus Toursfrom€98.50per adult (price varies by group size)
- LIKELY TO SELL OUT*Tapas & Sidecar Motorcycle Barcelona Tour12Recommended100% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Sidecar Toursfrom€210.00per adult (price varies by group size)
How to get there
- Espanya • 6 min walk
We rank these restaurants and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location.
8,949 within 5 kms
0.4 km€€ - €€€ • Mediterranean • European • Spanish
La Gastronomica Burgers
0.5 km€€ - €€€ • Street Food • Vegetarian Friendly • Vegan Options
0.4 km€€€€ • Japanese • Seafood • Mediterranean
La Come Dia
0.5 km€€ - €€€ • Italian • Mediterranean • European
0.5 km€€ - €€€ • Lebanese • Mediterranean • Vegetarian Friendly
L’ Amfora Barcelona
0.5 km€€ - €€€ • Mediterranean • Contemporary • Catalan
0.4 km€€ - €€€ • Mediterranean • Spanish • Catalan
0.5 km€€ - €€€ • Bar • Mediterranean • European
Camarote de en Tomas
0.4 km€€ - €€€ • Seafood • Mediterranean • Spanish
0.5 km€€ - €€€ • Seafood • Mediterranean • European
1,330 within 10 kms
0.2 kmArchitectural Buildings
65 mPoints of Interest & Landmarks • Monuments & Statues
0.2 kmPoints of Interest & Landmarks • Observation Decks & Towers
Museu Nacional d'Art de Catalunya - MNAC
0.3 kmSpeciality Museums
Palau de Congressos de Catalunya
0.2 kmConvention Centres
Catalan Museum of Archaeology
0.3 kmHistory Museums
Avinguda Reina Maria Cristina
0.3 kmPoints of Interest & Landmarks
Barcelona Fira Montjuic Hall of Conferences
0.3 kmConvention Centres
Placa de Rius i Taulet
0.3 kmPoints of Interest & Landmarks
Water Fountains Walkway
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
We perform checks on reviews
Tripadvisor’s approach to reviews
Before posting, each Tripadvisor review goes through an automated tracking system, which collects information, answering the following questions: how, what, where and when. If the system detects something that potentially contradicts our community guidelines, the review is not published.
When the system detects a problem, a review may be automatically rejected, sent to the reviewer for validation, or manually reviewed by our team of content specialists, who work 24/7 to maintain the quality of the reviews on our site.
Our team checks each review posted on the site disputed by our community as not meeting our community guidelines.
Learn more about our review moderation.
An excellent evening out with the family. The weather was beautiful so really enjoyed out sitting and taking it all in. This is one of few things that is free in Barcelona and really worth a visit if you can. It does get really packed with people so aim to arrive in decent time. Action seems to start shortly after sun set.
Written 14 August 2022
Free to attend Thursdays to Sundays (from around 21:30) for about 2 hours and a truly magical experience. I go every time I’m in Barcelona! Music and lights synchronised with the fountain display. A mix of classical, pop and traditional Spanish music will appeal to everyone. Very popular and busy but a must-see when visiting Barcelona.
Written 12 August 2022
It's free and thousands of peoples come to watch - Just be sure it's running on the day you choose. Normally 4 or 5 nights a week
Written 11 August 2022
Really pleasant surprise! Well worth a visit and definitely a nice way to spend an hour or two in the evening - the show starts at 9.30 p.m.
Written 10 August 2022
Very crowded but this is one of a must see when in Barcelona. Show starts at different times throughout the year so check times before going.
Written 9 August 2022
The show starts around 9.30 pm. Thousands of people gather around the fountains The show has music and colourful fountains dancing in sync with the tunes. The sun starts setting and colourful fountains look really amazing.
Written 8 August 2022
Lovely outing, lovely park with lots of opportunities for views and exercise and the free magnificent fountain of montjuic.
The grounds at this complex where the fountain, the art museums the botanic gardens and then the gondola of montjuic is enough to explore for multiple days but I would recommend one day and make sure you see the beautiful fountain after sunset if you can.
Written 7 August 2022
Showtime information on the website is not clear at all. Saw the fountain running without lights and sound. It was OK, but would have been better if there was a proper show.
Written 2 August 2022
Great experience. The place gets packed around 9pm and the show starts at 9.30. We came at 8.30 and got great view spots. It’s free and lasts for an hour. We saw it for half an hour and it was spectacular.
Written 31 July 2022
A great show and worth the trip. Street performers entertain prior to the main show. It was incredibly crowded on the Sunday night we visited. There were thousands of people there for the show. A great experience.
Written 26 July 2022
Showing results 1-10 of 12,043
Hello - are there restaurants or bars that anyone can recommend close to the Magic Fountain?
There are a variety of eateries in the former bull ring now converted to shops and restaurants just across square from magic fountain. Would recommend to eat there plenty of choice.
Frequently Asked Questions about The Magic Fountain
- The Magic Fountain is open:
- Thu - Thu 20:00 - 21:00
- Fri - Fri 20:00 - 19:59
- Sat - Sat 20:00 - 21:00
- The Magic Fountain admission prices can vary. Entrance tickets currently cost €27.06, while a popular guided tour starts around €5.19 per person. See all 30 The Magic Fountain tickets and tours on Tripadvisor
- The Magic Fountain can be crowded, so we recommend booking e-tickets ahead of time to secure your spot. If you book with Tripadvisor, you can cancel at least 24 hours before the start date of your tour for a full refund. See all 30 The Magic Fountain tickets and tours on Tripadvisor
- According to Tripadvisor travellers, these are the best ways to experience The Magic Fountain:
- Skip-The-Line e-Ticket for Montjuïc Cable Car with Audio Tour on Your Phone (From €27.06)
- Barcelona Best Views: Old Town, Cable Car, Montjuic Castle & Magic Fountain Show (From €73.10)
- Private Montjuic Mountain Tour with Visit to Olympic Park and Plaza España (From €114.51)
- Montjuic Mountain Private Tour with Cable Car Experience (From €134.28)
- City Sightseeing Barcelona Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour (From €31.22)