Halfway between Aix-en-Provence and Marseilles you can find the Edgar Melik Castle Museum. It is located on a rocky peak and surrounded by a fortified wall which opens into the 12th century street. The ogive stone doorway from the same period, gives access to the inner courtyard which itself opens on the north side to the Museum’s facade. The southern building still bears the traces of the castle’s architecture, which was subsequently divided during the French Revolution. This ancient fortified place, originally inhabited by the Provencal Counts, was given a nry exhibitions dedicated to the great names of the history of art: Dali, Picasso, Chagallew life in 1934 thanks to the powerful palette of Edgar Melik. At his death, the Cabries municipal authority partly acquired this feudal residence and opened it to the public in 1980. Since then, Melik’s work has been available to the wider public, most notably on the castle’s walls, including those of the 21st century chapel.
< 1 hour
Suggest edits to improve what we show.Improve this listing
Top ways to experience nearby attractions
- Tour Bord de Mer Jeep Beetle Cabriolet Marseille La Ciotat Cassis, price for 449Recommended100% of travellers recommend this experience. This number is based on the percentage of all Tripadvisor reviews for this product that have a bubble rating of 4 or higher.Classic Car Toursfrom€480.00per group (up to 4)
We rank these restaurants and attractions by balancing reviews from our members with how close they are to this location.
144 within 5 kms
27 within 10 kms
Musee Edgar Melik (Cabries, France): Address, Phone Number - Tripadvisor
Frequently Asked Questions about Musee Edgar Melik
- Hotels near Musee Edgar Melik:
- (1.63 km) Bastide Tara
- (0.62 km) Large contemporary villa with swimming pool, between Aix-En-Provence and
- (0.09 km) LOCATION SAISONNIÈRE CABRIES (AIX-EN-PROVENCE)
- (1.22 km) Maison d'hotes de la Milane
- (1.36 km) La Cle des Songes