Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Yosemite National Park, Yosemite National Park, California
Returns to original departure point
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Camera equipment - customer must provide their own camera
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Please provide your hotel and contact information (phone number, email and accommodations) in the Special Requirements box at checkout. Hotel information so we may email you driving directions to the meeting location; pickup/drop-off is not included.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Items recommended to bring: camera, sturdy tripod, lenses, filters, extra memory cards, extra batteries, gloves, extra layer of clothing, jacket, sunscreen, hat, snacks and water
- Please dress in athletic-wear
- Note: the special of 10% off applies only to the Advanced Photography Lesson
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Most travellers can participate
- We are limited in guide availability this year due to Covid-19. Please understand if your reservation is not accepted because of this restriction.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 1 more review on Viator
I was very pleased with my instructor, Jay Sousa. Jay is a professional photographer and teacher and really knows his stuff. He is a born teacher and excellent at providing instruction on camera settings and why to choose which ones. He was helpful with composition as well. …
Date of experience: March 2020
Response from YExploreYosemite, Owner at Experience Yosemite: Beginner or Advanced Photography Lesson
Responded 3 Sep 2020
Thank you for your feedback on your photography tour in Yosemite. We are pleased that you found your instruction from Jay to be so valuable.
I went on the photo workshop with Jay Sousa. He was excellent - a professional photographer and very easy going. I was nervous about the session but he soon put me at ease and it was very relaxed and enjoyable. I have been reluctant to shoot in manual but after the session, the…
Date of experience: September 2018
Response from YExplore, Owner at Experience Yosemite: Beginner or Advanced Photography Lesson
Responded 21 Mar 2019
Thank you. We are happy you had such an excellent day.
Our guide, Jay, met us near the Half Dome Village shuttle stop. We walked from there to several scenic locations where the light was appropriate for that time of day photo shooting. After a short exchange Jay was able to key into areas to focus on for our 4 hour session. While…
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: YExplore Yosemite Adventures - Day Tours
A must do for Yosemite!
John and Catherine run a great business! I initially called and spoke to John and he was so sincere, kind and helpf…
Wonderful day in Yosemite with YExplore
My family of four (two kids ages 11 and 7) had a great experience on a private family hike with John. Save for a sh…
Amazing day!! from the moment I booked this trip Catherine was super helpful and responsive. The day of the trip Jo…
Awesome hike with a knowledgeable guide
John is a great guide! This is a strenuous hike even for someone who is fit, but it's an amazing experience.
Best experience ever during a trying year
Our guide was fabulous. Ashley definitely made a difference in our completion of the entire hike. She was positive …
Once in a lifetime memory thanks to YExplore!
A once in a lifetime experience that couldn’t have happened without our guide, John, from YExplore! I highly recomm…
All out Greatness...Half Dome Success
Everything was amazing from booking, to meeting my guide and Ashley herself, to the experience. I was a last minut…
Perfect Family Hike
Terrific experience hiking Lembert Dome and Dog Lake with our guide Jay. He was experienced, friendly, helpful and…
Best Experience Ever!
There are so many AMAZING things I can say about this experience! My husband and I got into the Yosemite area the …
A 5 Star Yosemite Tour
Excellent trip. Extremely knowledgeable and professional tour guide. Beautiful scenery. Thanks Catherine for doi…
Fantastic view of Yosemite
Catherine from Yexplore was very professional and nice to recommend a great hike for us, the first-time visitor to …
Private hike with 2 adults & 4 teenagers
Exceptional from booking to actual hike. Highly recommend. Catherine (booking)was informative, responsive and pati…
Fun and Knowledgeable Guides
We loved our private snow shoe tour with John out to Dewey Point. Catherine was super helpful during the planning p…
Really enjoyed hiking with Pete Divine! He was a knowledgeable guide with a friendly and calm energy which was appr…
Seasoned guide and a peaceful hike
Great experience getting away from the roads and people and enjoying some wilderness by ourselves. Catherine was wo…
- Tuolumne River, Tuolumne Meadows, and 6 more
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently Asked Questions about Experience Yosemite: Beginner or Advanced Photography Lesson
What time does Experience Yosemite: Beginner or Advanced Photography Lesson start?
Experience Yosemite: Beginner or Advanced Photography Lesson will start at 12:00 PM. Discover and book Experience Yosemite: Beginner or Advanced Photography Lesson on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Experience Yosemite: Beginner or Advanced Photography Lesson?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Experience Yosemite: Beginner or Advanced Photography Lesson on Tripadvisor
How much is Experience Yosemite: Beginner or Advanced Photography Lesson?
Experience Yosemite: Beginner or Advanced Photography Lesson price starts from €484.60. Discover and book Experience Yosemite: Beginner or Advanced Photography Lesson on Tripadvisor
What is the Experience Yosemite: Beginner or Advanced Photography Lesson cancellation policy?
Experience Yosemite: Beginner or Advanced Photography Lesson cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Experience Yosemite: Beginner or Advanced Photography Lesson on Tripadvisor