View all photos (111)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
For an off-the-beaten path adventure in Yellowstone National Park, don't miss this beginner-friendly kayaking tour, where you visit geothermal features only accessible by water. After reviewing kayaking basics, you can paddle in one of Yellowstone's lakes, learn about park history, and visit the remote Potts Geyser Basin. With all equipment and a beach lunch included, this kayak adventure is a near-perfect way to see another side of Yellowstone.
- Kayak in Yellowstone National Park on a beginner-friendly outdoor adventure
- Explore the West Thumb Geyser Basin shoreline, with a guide to lead the way
- First-time kayakers get an introduction to paddling skills, from your guide
- Get a great value with a guide, kayaking equipment, and lunch—all included
Grant Marina Road, Grant Marina Rd, Yellowstone National Park, WY 82190, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guides will provide an introduction to Yellowstone's history and geology of the Lake, along with the kayaking equipment and techniques.
- All necessary equipment and instruction.
- Guide Gratuities are not included but greatly appreciated.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- All children 12 and under must paddle in a tandem kayak with an adult. If booking with children, you must choose the tandem kayak option. This is the rate per kayak, for 2 people.
- If you wish to have single kayaks (not available for children under 13), the rate is per person.
- Please advise any dietary requirements in the Special Requirements field at checkout. Vegetarian and gluten free lunches are available if you let us know.
- Please come dressed for cold weather, as it is usually colder in Yellowstone than you are expecting. Keep in mind that while kayaking, you will get wet. The weather in Yellowstone can vary greatly, and change quickly. Typically the days are sunny with temps in the upper 60's to low 80's, however it does get cold at night and early morning. Afternoon showers and passing thunderstorms are always possible in the mountains. We plan to go in rain or sunshine. We will provide all the necessary kayaking equipment. You should arrive dressed according to the weather, keeping in mind that while you wont ever be submerged in the water, you will get wet. Therefore dressing in layers is always best, with shorts or wind pants made of synthetic quick drying material, and shoes that you dont mind getting wet. Having a rain or wind jacket, extra layers, and/or a change of warm dry clothes for after the trip ends, is also a good idea. Guide gratuities are always appreciated, but never expected. If you have any questions any time, please dont hesitate to ask.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
About the operator
By: Yellowstone Geyser Kayak Tours
Must do the full day!
We did a full day kayak and I am so glad. I almost chose the sunset paddle that wouldn’t go past the tourist…
Up close to the geysers
Relaxing paddle along Yellowstone Lake from Grant Marina to the Geyser Basin. Unique view of the geysers, their…
Geysers, Geology, History, Eagles!
We followed the edge of the lake, which has a very diverse set of features as you go. There is wildlife (we were…
The trip was perfect. The people were really friendly and knowledgeable about Yellowstone. They served all dietary…
A Different View of the Geysers
This tour is an excellent way to see the West Thumb geysers from a different view, one that isn't possible from…
Kayaking Yellowstone lake
Such a great day with our guide Jonathan. He was very knowledgeable about the area and made the experience…
Great Sunset Kayak Trip
My wife and I, and our two boys (17 and 11) did the Sunset Kayak Trip on Yellowstone Lake this week and really…
Sunset kayaking at it's best
Brought my daughter to take this tour. Brian, our guide was wonderful. The view and experience is unbelievable.…
Fabulous views FROM Yellowstone Lake!!
What a wonderful way to spend the day - truly different perspective of the geyser basin and surrounding area. Had…
Active family kayak tour
Loved our kayak tour of Yellowstone Lake out of Grant Village Marina. Perfect weather, excellent guides, and great…
- Yellowstone Lake, Yellowstone Geyser Kayak Tours
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071