Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Visit one of Utah’s most enchanting destinations, and enjoy a seamless way to explore, when you book this round-trip adventure from Salt Lake City to the Great Salt Lake. Following pickup at one of several downtown hotels, travel via air-conditioned vehicle roughly 19 miles (31 kilometers) to the water’s edge. During your journey, learn more about the region and the lake’s history. Upon arrival, enjoy free time to explore, and even take a dip, if you wish.
- You'll start atSalt Lake Plaza Hotel Temple Square122 W S Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, USAAt 2:50 PM meet outside the main lobby doors of Salt Lake Plaza Hotel and watch for the CITY SIGHTS tour bus to arrive curbside on the street. Parking available for a fee at the hotel parking garage or there are multiple public parking lots within 2 blocks.See address & details
- 1Great Salt LakeStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Great Salt Lake State ParkStop: 45 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Saltair PavilionStop: 10 minutesSee details
- You'll end atSalt Lake Plaza Hotel Temple Square122 W S Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, USAAt 2:50 PM meet outside the main lobby doors of Salt Lake Plaza Hotel and watch for the CITY SIGHTS tour bus to arrive curbside on the street. Parking available for a fee at the hotel parking garage or there are multiple public parking lots within 2 blocks.See address & details
- Leave the logistics to someone else on this seamless sightseeing tour
- Enjoy the freedom to explore the Great Salt Lake at your own pace
- Round-trip transit from Salt Lake City via air-conditioned vehicle
- Explore the lakeshore on foot, and choose to go for a quick dip
Salt Lake Plaza Hotel Temple Square, 122 W S Temple, Salt Lake City, UT 84101, USA
Returns to original departure point
- State Park Entrance Fees
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional Tour Guide
- Entry/Admission - Great Salt Lake
- Entry/Admission - Great Salt Lake State Park
- 15-20% tip suggested. Like waiters, tour guides rely on tips to make a living
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a land-based tour, only. It does not travel on a boat on the lake. Currently there are no tour boats that operate on Great Salt Lake
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- Folding wheelchairs and walkers may be accommodated but you must notify us by email at least 24 hours before the tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We had a great trip. We were the only 2 and it was a great experience. We learned a lot about the history and the area.
Date of experience: December 2020
Response from CitySightsUtah, Director of Sales at Guided Tour of Great Salt Lake from Salt Lake City
Responded 7 Dec 2020
Thank you for your great review. Although the Great Salt Lake is not one of the most beautiful lakes in America, it is probably one of the most unusual and historical treasure of the West.
One of the best tours I have taken in the country with TripAdvisor. The tour guide and driver was EXTREMELY knowledgeable about everything Utah, Salt Lake City, and Great Salt Lake. It's clear that he knows and cares a great deal about this area, and there were few questions…
Date of experience: November 2020
Captain Valerie was funny and informative. Because it was winter we couldn’t swim or engage with the water but she still found plenty to tell us.
Date of experience: February 2020
If you have a rental car, skip the tour take the trip yourself. I wanted to drive around more to see the lake from different angles. Felt a little let down by this tour.
Date of experience: October 2019
Response from CitySightsUtah, General Manager at Guided Tour of Great Salt Lake from Salt Lake City
Responded 14 Feb 2020
Your guide informs everyone what to expect on the tour. There are only 4 roads that go to the lake and we take the one closest to the city. The other Lake access roads are 90 to 240 mile journeys. As you would find out, in order to see more of the 400 mile shore line from different angles it requires many hours or even days. It is simply not practical to do things like that on a 2-hour tour. You should call the company; explain your disappointment and they will refund you.
Very disappointed, guide did not stop at Saltaire on return from lake as advertised. There are also no stops on way to lake, while description mentions several stops on the way out. Save your money and take the short drive to the lake, park fee is very nominal.
Date of experience: February 2020
1 Helpful vote
Response from CitySightsUtah, Owner at Guided Tour of Great Salt Lake from Salt Lake City
Responded 3 Feb 2020
Jennifer, we are sorry you expected to stop at SaltAir pavillion. It is closed to visitor's. In our description of what to expect on this 2 hour tour, we do not advertise stopping there. You are always welcome to request a refund. We want to make sure you feel you were treated fairly. Please contact OUR office, NOT VIATOR. Remember: Viator is a seller of tickets; they do not necessarily fully represent our company and often they do not.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: City Sights - Salt Lake City Tours
Decide what's important before booking the tour
The tour began on a great note. We were picked up from our hotel at the designated time. After picking up other t…
This tour is a must!
I've traveled all across the country and this is one of the best bus tours I have ever been on! The tour guide was …
Great introduction to Salt Lake City
We took the city tour on Oct.19 - a must if visiting the city for the first time. No COVID concerns - masks were wo…
Seeing Salt Lake City
The driver was very knowledgeable he provided a lot of history we saw a lot of major sites it was nice not to have …
Great experience Highly recommend
I arranged an all day trip to the casinos in Nevada for 9 as a bachelor party. I live in NJ and the owner Michael …
Sights of Salt Lake City
Great tour, Michael was personable and very knowledgeable! Not too long, not too short, unfortunate that Temple Sq…
We had Michael and he was great. He took the time to explain everything to us, to include "when it rains it pours" …
Tour guide was great, he knew the area and kept everyone and everything entertained, would recommend to anyone new …
Salt Lake City Tours
My wife and I enjoyed the tour immensely. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and well versed in the people, plac…
Michael is a superlative guide through Salt Lake City Downtown and the Great Salt Lake Tours. He was very courteou…
Super Salt Lake City
Great tour; lots to see; Mike was a great tour driver, narrator, and story teller. Salt Lake City had a lot more to…
Our driver was very informative and knowledgeable of the City as he grew up there. If you don't know anything abo…
We liked the overall experience getting to know about the history of SLC. Other than us (4), There were close to 10…
Lovely mountain lake and lots more
This review is not for a paid tour company, but for Silver Lake and the surrounding Brighton Ski area trails/lakes/…
Bus tour of Salt Lake City
I've never taken a bus tour of a city before but I was pleasantly surprised at how informative and convenient this …
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 923 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Guided Tour of Great Salt Lake from Salt Lake City
What time does Guided Tour of Great Salt Lake from Salt Lake City start?
Guided Tour of Great Salt Lake from Salt Lake City will start at 3:00 PM. Discover and book Guided Tour of Great Salt Lake from Salt Lake City on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Guided Tour of Great Salt Lake from Salt Lake City?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Guided Tour of Great Salt Lake from Salt Lake City on Tripadvisor
How much is Guided Tour of Great Salt Lake from Salt Lake City?
Guided Tour of Great Salt Lake from Salt Lake City price starts from €32.06. Discover and book Guided Tour of Great Salt Lake from Salt Lake City on Tripadvisor
What is the Guided Tour of Great Salt Lake from Salt Lake City cancellation policy?
Guided Tour of Great Salt Lake from Salt Lake City cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Guided Tour of Great Salt Lake from Salt Lake City on Tripadvisor