Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 2)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
On this full-day air and land adventure, soar over Seattle and Puget Sound in a private seaplane to the wild outer San Juan Islands. Your guide will lead you on a 1-1.5-hour excursion over forested trails, along wild beaches above rugged cliffs that ring the island. During the hike, you’ll learn about the area's natural history and your guide will show you the best photo spots. As we go, we’ll keep an eye out for wildlife. We frequently spot bald eagles, harbor seals, sea lions, and harbor porpoises. Enjoy a delicious picnic and drinks before flying back to Seattle for flyby of the waterfront and the Space Needle. -Escape to wild outer San Juan Islands on a 1 hour 40 minutes round-trip seaplane flight. -Land at a beach and explore the island on a guided naturalist hike. -Indulge in a delicious chef-prepared picnic lunch amidst the island’s beauty. -Fly by the Seattle waterfront, Lake Union, and the Space Needle.
- 1 hour 40 minutes round-trip flight in Cessna 185 or de Havilland Beaver seaplane
- 2 hour guided excursion on the island with a certified guide
- Live commentary on board the seaplane from your pilot and wilderness guide
- Pick-up and drop-off within the downtown Seattle area and the Seattle cruise terminals
- Chef-prepared picnic lunch with mixed beverages
- Gratuities (not required, but customarily equal to about 15-20% of your package's price and shared equally between your pilot and wilderness guide)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise the supplier of any specific dietary requirements or allergies at time of booking
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. This tour may be canceled up to and including the day of travel due to poor weather or high winds that could hinder safe travel via seaplane. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternate tour date or a full refund.
- This tour includes a moderate amount of walking and hiking on marked trails, but over many uneven surfaces as well as up and small hills. This with concerns about the walking portion of the tour will be welcome to stay with the pilot by the plane on the beach.
- Weather conditions out on the islands can change quickly, so please dress appropriately. Even in sunny weather, you may feel warm when walking but could cool quickly once we stop for a rest. We recommend preparing multiple layers including a t-shirt, insulating layer and a waterproof layer like a shell or windbreaker. Particularly for spring and fall tours, please prepare insulating clothes. Please also wear appropriate footwear such as sturdy soled shoes or sneakers suitable to hiking over uneven terrain.
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour includes a 1-hour easy to moderate hike after the plane reaches the island. Up to 2 miles in length, hiking takes place over the beach, rocks, and on marked trails. While there is no significant elevation gain/loss during the course of the hike, guests should feel comfortable walking at a moderate pace over uneven ground with short very short steeper sections. The ground or rocks may be slippery. For guests who do not feel physically able to complete the hike will have the option to remain on the beach to enjoy the scenery and surroundings. Your guide will discuss your level of physical fitness and desired level of physical activity with you after your booking is received.
- This tour's departure time is subject to change on a day to day basis as we need to match our arrival at the island with the tide schedule. If you have any questions about when the tour will be held on the date you're interested in, please contact the supplier.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Great trip. Had a problem with aircraft alternator during pre-flight check, but Michael was able to secure an alternate in less than an hour. The trip was fantastic (got good weather!), got to experience water take off and landing, then a nice 2 hr hike on a uninhabited island.…
Date of experience: October 2020
Michael organized a perfect day for three people where we did the San Juan Islands Seaplane hiking tour (where we lucked out and saw whales from the air), and then a 90 minute helicopter tour towards Mt. Rainier and then exploring the mountains, Snoqualmie Falls, and back over…
Date of experience: May 2019
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Nature Nuts Adventure Travel
One of the best days ever!
One of those days you will never forget. My friends and I were amazed for 6 hours straight. I was not sure whether …
My fiancé and I went on this hike during our stay in Seattle and it was more amazing then we could have ever imagin…
5/5 for Michael's service, safety, friendliness
We would rate Michael 5/5 on service, safety, friendliness, and adventure. Michael is meticulous in his planning an…
Amazing Mt Rainier tour
I am not sure where to even begin! Michael was the ultimate pro from beginning to end and our trip certainly teste…
Mt. Rainier tour
One of the best customer services I have ever encountered! They have been above and beyond is communicating with us…
Mt. Ranier Helicopter tour and hiking
This was an amazing tour! Definitely one of the best trips I've taken in Seattle. The helicopter ride was exhilarat…
Excellent customer experience
Consistently excellent customer experience! This team is all about customer service. We are looking forward to book…
Amazing customer experience
This company is absolutely wonderful to deal with--they are all about customer experience and customer service. Hig…
Great for locals and visitors!
This is probably the best day trip in Seattle. Michael was a fantastic tour guide, lunch was delicious, and the hel…
Great experience in the nature
Highly recommend this day trip. Our guide Micheal was very knowledgeable about Seattle and Mt Rainier and paid atte…
Don't miss out! Breathtaking experience and VERY safe (during COVID)!
Michael was an incredible guide in every way! He provided us options on what we could see and tailored our trip fo…
The Most Astounding Experience
Michael helped to curate the most magical, private, off the charts surprise for my boyfriend and I. He is someone w…
Wonderful local adventure!
My husband and I are locals in Seattle. Because of COVID we’ve been unable to travel this summer. We took this tour…
Best part of our trip to Seattle
The perfect one day trip to Mt Rainier! Our guide Michael was extremely knowledgeable and made our day an excellent…
Unfortunately, due to COVID 19 we we unable do this excursion. I would like to express my sincere thanks to Michael…
- Lake Washington, Seattle Waterfront, and 3 more
- Duration: 6h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Ports of Call Tours
Popular: Booked by 133 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about San Juan Islands Seaplane Flight & Hiking Adventure Tour from Seattle
What time does San Juan Islands Seaplane Flight & Hiking Adventure Tour from Seattle start?
San Juan Islands Seaplane Flight & Hiking Adventure Tour from Seattle will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book San Juan Islands Seaplane Flight & Hiking Adventure Tour from Seattle on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with San Juan Islands Seaplane Flight & Hiking Adventure Tour from Seattle?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book San Juan Islands Seaplane Flight & Hiking Adventure Tour from Seattle on Tripadvisor
How much is San Juan Islands Seaplane Flight & Hiking Adventure Tour from Seattle?
San Juan Islands Seaplane Flight & Hiking Adventure Tour from Seattle price starts from €2,055.53. Discover and book San Juan Islands Seaplane Flight & Hiking Adventure Tour from Seattle on Tripadvisor
What is the San Juan Islands Seaplane Flight & Hiking Adventure Tour from Seattle cancellation policy?
San Juan Islands Seaplane Flight & Hiking Adventure Tour from Seattle cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book San Juan Islands Seaplane Flight & Hiking Adventure Tour from Seattle on Tripadvisor