View all photos (77)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
NOC Gatlinburg, 1138 Parkway, Gatlinburg, TN 37738, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- National Park fees
- Hiking tour
- Gratuities are appreciated for good service.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Drinks are not provided. Bring plenty of water.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children's minimum age is 8 years old.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please bring: At least 64oz of water per person, sunscreen, and good walking shoes. If you have good rain gear or a favored walking stick, please bring these too.
- It is suggested at least one day pack to carry your gear. If you need us to, one can be provided with advance notice.
- You will be provided nut-based snacks (trail mix and peanut butter crackers). If you might have nut allergies, or do not enjoy the taste of nuts, please bring your own light snack.
- Gratuity of 10-20% is recommended
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 11 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Easy to register. Our guide, Alissa, was very knowledgeable about the history of the area as well as the plant life. She kept the hike interesting and was conscious of our pace.
Date of experience: March 2020
We wanted to do a hike that was not on an existing path. We came across this activity and signed up for it. It was us and the guide. Small group. We enjoyed the hike, natural beauty of different waterfalls and learning about the trees in the forest. Charles was our guide and was…
Date of experience: December 2019
This was a fantastic experience which I highly recommend to anyone seeking to broaden and deepen their connection to nature. The immensity of the knowledge of the guides and the entertaining stories of the region ran from botanical to cultural and were delivered with joy. The…
Date of experience: December 2019
Highly recommend a "Walk in the Woods"! We learned so much from both the hike up to Clingman's Dome and the hike down to the waterfall. Guides were knowledgeable and got so much out of both hikes. We could've done those ourselves but having someone with you to educate is…
Date of experience: November 2019
Beautiful hike filled with interesting information about the history and biodiversity of the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. I especially loved taking the time to look for animal prints, find salamanders, and identify birds. More than just a hike, it’s a glimpse into all…
Date of experience: October 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: A Walk In The Woods
Alyssa was awesome! Our kids learned so much and it was the perfect start to our visit to the Smokies.
We had such a wonderful experience and were so grateful for Alissa and her knowledge and patience! Highly recommen…
We had a wonderful tour yesterday with Charles and Amanda. They were extremely knowledgeable about the area and its…
We had the best day!!! Our walk day 3/18/200 was perfect. We walked a total of 3 miles. We had 2 older kids ages 8 …
Amazing time! Mike was a wonderful guide and we learned so much during the hike. 1000% will do this every return tr…
Very relaxing hike
A very relaxing hike, our guide was very knowledgeable and I learned a lot about the plants (especially the edible …
Great tour, Awesome views!
Our tour guide was Avery. She was great! She was very knowledgeable of the area, and answered all our questions. Th…
Enjoyed this trail with Jamie - very informative and friendly guide. Trail was just slightly difficult since there …
Time in the Smokies
You can't go wrong spending time in Smokies - wether it's hiking, or skipping stones, or just reflecting to the bea…
Beautiful! The hike was amazing. Dylan was our guide and he was brilliant. Very knowledgeable about the park and na…
Kinsey was an informed and interesting guide for this 2hr hike. Pretty woods and a couple interesting historical …
We had such a great time on this hike! Our leader was Dylan and he was so knowledgable and great with our kids. H…
This was my husband and I’s first time ever hiking and we are so glad we went with this tour! Dylan was very knowle…
Walk in the Woods!
Our tour guide was excellent and very informative she was a park ranger for over 25 years, she really made the walk…
Walk in the woods
Great tour the guy that provided us with the tour I believe name was Brandon but anyway he was really helpful and f…
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241