Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Travel safe during COVID-19
A note from Philadelphia's Lost Waterfront: Explore the historic city on an audio tour
All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
This self-guided audio tour explores the north-central Philadelphia waterfront, focusing on what remains of this historic locale after the installation of Interstate I-95 in the 1970s, and relating (among other things) how early Quaker settlers lived in caves along the waterfront. Keep in mind that this area was where wheeling and dealing went on to encourage local, regional and national enterprise. It was where early American capitalists made their fortunes. It was where the individual American colonies were crafted into a nation. And it was also where terrible urban contagions began. Your guide is historian, writer and tour guide Harry Kyriakodis. He has what is likely the largest private collection of books about the City of Brotherly Love: about 2700 titles, new and old. He's also a founding/certified member of the Association of Philadelphia Tour Guides and has lived at Pier 3 Condominium at Penn’s Landing since 1997.
- You'll start atChrist Church20 N American St, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USABefore arrival, please install the VoiceMap mobile app and use the code provided on your confirmation ticket. This is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace. Detailed starting point instructions are available after downloading.See address & details
- Pass byChrist ChurchPenn's LandingRace Street PierBenjamin Franklin BridgeCavanaugh's River DeckWood Street StepsElfreth's Alley
- You'll end atChrist Church20 N American St, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USABefore arrival, please install the VoiceMap mobile app and use the code provided on your confirmation ticket. This is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace. Detailed starting point instructions are available after downloading.See address & details
Christ Church, 20 N American St, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- Food and drink
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
- Duration: 40–60 minutes
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241