Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
History fans that want a fun and engaging Boston history tour, complete with a costumed guide to lead the way, shouldn't miss this Freedom Trail walking tour. Meet-up in Downtown Boston to begin your adventure where you can uncover some of the city's most notable historic stories—from the Founding Fathers to the Boston Massacre and the American Revolution—all while visiting top area sights, like Faneuil Hall and Boston Common.
- You'll start at139 Tremont St139 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02108, USACostumed Guide will be in front of the Boston Common Visitor Center at 139 Tremont St. Arrive 15 minutes early. Late arrivals cannot be accepted. Closest Public Transport: Park St. Subway Station (600 feet away)See address & details
- 1The Histrionic AcademyStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 2Boston CommonStop: 5 minutesSee detailsPass byMassachusetts State House
- 3Park Street ChurchStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 4Granary Burying GroundStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 5King's ChapelStop: 5 minutesSee detailsPass byKing's Chapel Burial Ground
- 6Boston Latin SchoolStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 7Statue of Benjamin FranklinStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 8Old Corner BookstoreStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 9Old South Meeting HouseStop: 10 minutes - Admission excludedSee detailsPass byOld State House
- 10Boston Massacre SiteStop: 10 minutesSee detailsPass byStatue of Samuel Adams
See 1 more stop
- History fans uncover the basics of Boston history on a guided walking tour
- Visit top sights like the Granary Burying Ground—where Paul Revere's buried
- Follow a guide that stays in character, for a more performative experience
- Get a more personal experience with this small tour, capped at 15 travelers
139 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02108, USA
Samuel Adams Statue, Boston, MA 02109, USA
- Professional guide
- Entry/Admission - Old South Meeting House
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Family of 4 so price was reasonable. The tour covers the first half of the "Freedom Trail" which are stops 1-8. Stops 9-16 are easy to complete on your own. The tour guide was a good speaker and made it entertaining and we all learned a lot. Recommned.
Date of experience: August 2020
Booked last minute. Locating the check-in spot proved a bit cumbersome for a non-Bostonian but we made it in time with the help of locals. Our tour was approximately 25 people. They don’t have any type of monitor in place for the walk so by the time it ended there were close to…
Date of experience: November 2019
The group was way too large, couldn't hear anything. We ended up abandoning the tour group and downloading a freedom trail app on our phone for $4.99, it was way better!
There were about 100 people On the tour making it ridiculously hard to keep everyone together and even harder to hear. Most people missed half of the tour. Disappointing
Date of experience: October 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: The Histrionic Academy
Very enthusiastic- keeps history interesting and engaging. Gives details behind the popular versions of all the Bo…
Caitlin Brings History to Life!
I thought I knew a lot of Boston history. Well today I found out that I did not know it all. I took NOTES like cr…
Boston History Trail
Our guide Caitlin was excellent. Very knowledgeable and shared nice insights and anecdotes about the historical pla…
Freedom Trail with Deacon John Larkin
What a great morning. Makes all the difference when exploring Boston. He is a proud knowledgeable local who makes t…
It was fantastic
Everything about it was fun and you learn a lot about Boston and American history.🇺🇸 The guide was very helpful…
Deacon John Larkin
Deacon John Larkin was fantastic ! We left with a lot of knowledge about Boston and also its role in the American …
Prepare yourself to jump into history! This trail is full of beautiful monuments and is a nice way to understand mo…
Our guide was Caitlin Johnston and she was fantastic! Such a wonderful and interesting overview of Boston's beginni…
Walking Tour from Boston Common Info Centre
A very informative with a bit of fun included a number of worthwhile sights covered!!Would suit just about everyone…
Time travel does exist!
This is a must, put it on the bucket list, one can easily let their mind take over and see everything happening all…
Boston Tourist center is in Central park
In Boston at the tourist center in central park there is a line that you follow all the way around the city severa…
What a fantastic idea!!
This is a brick line on the paths in Boston. If you follow it you get to see many museums, graveyards where famous …
The Freedom Trail
Nice way to see the city, get some walking exercise and enjoy the day. Lots of places to stop along the way if you …
- Duration: 1h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 971 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Tour of The Freedom Trail
Which attractions will I visit with Tour of The Freedom Trail?
How much is Tour of The Freedom Trail?
Tour of The Freedom Trail price starts from €13.48. Discover and book Tour of The Freedom Trail on Tripadvisor
What is the Tour of The Freedom Trail cancellation policy?
Tour of The Freedom Trail cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Tour of The Freedom Trail on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Tour of The Freedom Trail?
Tour of The Freedom Trail is hosted by The Histrionic Academy. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact The Histrionic Academy on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Tour of The Freedom Trail on Tripadvisor