Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Discover the regional foods of Memphis on this history-packed food crawl. Try dishes such as hot tamales and house-made desserts at six different hotspots, from family-owned eateries to award-winning restaurants. Also, learn about the culture and history of the city along the way, and travel from place to place at a leisurely pace.
- You'll start atHampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Beale Street175 Peabody Pl, Memphis, TN 38103, USAOur starting point is inside the lobby of the Hampton Inn at Beale Street. We gather to the right of the hotel check-in guest. Your guide is the friendly face carrying a giant whisk. If you have additional questions please do not hesitate to call 901.482.7555See address & details
- 1Tastin' 'Round TownStop: 3 hoursOur Memphis Food Tours provide visitors and locals alike, a variety of unique food tasting and culinary excursions at the birthplace of the blues and the soul of barbecue. The Bluff City offers a plethora of choices from delicious and historic family-owned, local restaurants to trendy award-winning chefs. Tastin’ Round Town provides a local, sustainable experience tasting a variety of foods, allowing you to feel like a native Memphian. Each tour is designed to include delicious food tastings from specialty eateries as well as an off-the-beaten-path glimpse of the history, culture, architecture, and entertainment offerings of the Mississippi Delta.Read more
- You'll end atHampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Beale Street175 Peabody Pl, Memphis, TN 38103, USAOur starting point is inside the lobby of the Hampton Inn at Beale Street. We gather to the right of the hotel check-in guest. Your guide is the friendly face carrying a giant whisk. If you have additional questions please do not hesitate to call 901.482.7555See address & details
- This tour combines history and food, perfect for first-time visitors
- Enjoy the personalized attention of a private tasting tour of Memphis
- Ditch the tourist traps and discover local watering holes
- Meet at a conveniently located spot on Beale Street
Hampton Inn & Suites Memphis-Beale Street, 175 Peabody Pl, Memphis, TN 38103, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Local Memphis guide
- Food tasting
- Local taxes
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- 2 person minimum per booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This tour is wheelchair accessible
- Please let us know ahead of time if you are celebrating a special occasion.
- Alcohol is not included with the ticket price but is available for purchase from each venue. Please have proper identification should you wish to make a purchase
- Please alert us to any known allergies
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Taylor has put together a great tour of all the ears to do on Beale St. A combination of history and nums. The food pacingbis well done and I would say it makes for a good afternoon of noshing so that you can continue to snack into the evening without needing a full meal. If you…
The tour operator had cancelled my tour and I never received a refund. They called and said that there was a personal emergency and that I would be refunded. I was told that I would get a refund. It has been 3 weeks and nothing.
Date of experience: February 2021
This was our first outing since the covid pandemic struck and we couldn’t have asked for a better way to jumpstart our trip. Taylor’s knowledge of the history of Memphis was remarkable & her food selections were on point. This was so much more than a food tour and a great…
It was an excellent way to start our exploration of Beale St. The food was amazing and learning so much history was an added bonus we didn’t know we would enjoy so much! Being the only couple our guide had added a personal touch to the experience ... like hanging out with an old…
Date of experience: January 2021
My first ever food tour and I want to do it wherever I visit ❤️they know the best places and give you fabulous service! All our tastings were to die for! Harper could not have been a better tour guide . Our 3.5 hour tour went way over but he did not seem to mind . Only…
Date of experience: January 2021
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Tastin' 'Round Town
Interesting tour with great BBQ
We did the BBQ tour and had a great time learning about the history and culture of Memphis. Harper was extremely kn…
We took the BBQ tour and our only regret was that we didn’t do it the first day!!!!! Harper was fab & showed us all…
Great food and Tour!
We did the bbq tour and it was excellent. It was a walking tour and does involve a lot of walking, but it wasn’t to…
Harper overdelivered with his incredible knowledge of Memphis history, culture, and of course BBQ. Had a great tim…
BBQ Tour Magnificent
I did the BBQ tasting tour on January 15, and although I was the only person booked (don't be spooked, January is o…
BBQ food tasting tour
Such a great, well-worth, delicious, fun tour. Perfect for visitors of Memphis or locals. Harper was a GREAT guide.…
Memphis BBQ Tour is well worth it!
This tour is a must for anyone new to the city. On this tour we were able to try several different styles of BBQ. …
Memphis BBQ Tour & O' Tappy Day Brewery and Spirits Crawl
My mom and I went to Memphis on a quest for some good BBQ and to celebrate her 79th Birthday because she LOVES good…
Taste of Downtown Memphis
As others have stated, this walking tour was well worth it -- very good to excellent food choices, not too strenuou…
Amazing BBQ Tour!
We had an amazing time with Harper on the Tastin' Round Town Memphis BBQ tour. Harper was so knowledgeable about ba…
Delicious BBQ tour!
My husband and I did the BBQ food tour and it was fantastic! So much more than just a food tour - our guide gave us…
We enjoyed this tour so much. We got a history lesson, exercise and amazing food all in one. Our tour guide was ver…
Lots of fun! Wish we would have taken notes!
Throughly enjoyed our tour. Nice combo of history and good food in the area. We were in town for 4 days and it was …
Good Times / Good Group
My sister and I had a wonderful time -- met 4 fantastic new friends. Food was good at all 5 places. Also received…
Awesome food with wonderful guide
We had never been on a food tour before so weren't sure what to expect. We had some amazing food and learnt lots in…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour
What time does Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour start?
Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour will start at 2:00 PM. Discover and book Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour?
Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour price starts from €52.99. Discover and book Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour cancellation policy?
Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour?
Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour is hosted by Tastin' 'Round Town. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Tastin' 'Round Town on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Taste of Downtown Memphis Food Tour on Tripadvisor