Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Experience Portland’s vibrant, bike-friendly culture on two wheels on this tour of the city’s best known spots. Coast through the city’s west side, where you’ll visit breweries, food carts, hip art galleries, and historic 19th-century architecture. Perfect for riders new to urban cycling, this guided small-group outing avoids the hassle of a wrong turn or a glitchy GPS.
- You'll start at133 SW 2nd Ave133 SW 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97204, USAAcross from Pine Street Market!See address & details
- 1Tom McCall Waterfront ParkStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 2Portland Oregon SignStop: 2 minutesSee details
- 3Tanner Springs ParkStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 4Pearl DistrictStop: 20 minutesSee details
- 5Powell's City of BooksStop: 5 minutesSee detailsPass byCrystal Ballroom
- 6Director ParkStop: 2 minutesSee details
- 7South Park BlocksStop: 10 minutesSee detailsPass byPortland Art MuseumOregon Historical Society
- 8Portland State UniversityStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 9Portland Farmer's MarketStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 10Simon Benson HouseStop: 5 minutesSee details
See 5 more stops
- Explore bike-friendly downtown Portland like a local
- Learn about the city’s history and culture while cycling
- Ride with a small group and a guide for a safe, carefree experience
- Bike and helmet included with your choice of morning or afternoon tour
What to Expect
Choose your ideal time—morning or afternoon—to hit the streets, then meet your guide in downtown Portland. Begin with a mellow 9-mile (14-km) journey on the Willamette River bike path through Tom McCall Waterfront Park, home of the city’s Saturday Market. Enjoy views of Mount Hood and historic cast iron and brick architecture of Old Town. Next, head west through Chinatown and into the Pearl District, where you’ll ride past art galleries and cocktail bars, converted warehouses and gleaming high rises. Then, continue south and take in Portland’s many cultural offerings: 140-year-old Henry Weinhard’s brewery, the Alder Street food carts, and Portland Center Stage, a theater company housed in a former armory. Before heading back to the start point, admire Portland State University’s lush campus.
133 SW 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97204, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Use of bicycle and helmet
- Local guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- For young children, a tag-a-long is provided (a one wheeled attachment to an adult bike)
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required. If only 1 person books, a supplement of $10 may be charged upon arrival
- Please arrive 15 minutes before the start of your tour
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
This bike tour was fantastic! The bikes are in great shape and they sanitize everything before and after you ride. The route that we did took us all over the city and over 2 bridges. From the outset, our guide (who was awesome) asked us if there were any places that we might…
Date of experience: October 2020
1 Helpful vote
Took the tour with Jamie and it couldn’t have been a better time! He’s super knowledgeable about the history of Portland and flexible about where you want to go. I recommend this tour 100%
Date of experience: March 2020
Booked this tour a few days in advance. On the day of the tour it was raining hard. I called for confirmation that the ride was taking place or cancelled. Never got a reply so we cancelled. Then was told since we did not cancel 24 hours ahead, we would not get a refund.
This was such a fun and informative tour. Even in the chilly, wet weather Ana made our trip so much fun! She was so helpful in catering to our specific interest whether it be the farmers market or cute bars to visit. Even when a flock of crazy geese pooped on her she never…
One of the best ways to truly see and experience all of Portland’s hidden gems. Ana was a rad guide who knew so many cool things about the city. She was also super funny and was awesome to kill 3 hours with. Highly recommend taking a tour with her! Five stars!
Date of experience: February 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Pedal Bike Tours
A real taste of Portland
The highlight of our quick weekend trip was this Tour with our guide Scotland on a misty Portland afternoon. So mu…
Kept The Good Times Rollin
Daniel was AWESOME. This review is long time coming as we attended one of his bike tours that he took the time to …
Great bike ride and hiking to see water falls. Erica did a great job. It ended up being just my husband and me due …
Just wanted to thank you for your understanding response to my dilemma. We were not allowed to travel because of a …
Did best to substitute for plan
We loved our guide Scotland, but did wish we had been able to do the Columbia River Gorge trip that we scheduled. T…
What an absolute treat for the senses!
We had the most wonderful trip with sweet Jamie today on the donut tour! What a sumptuous morning for a couple of b…
We had a great time with our tour guide Jamie. He was really knowledgeable and you can tell he enjoys doing these t…
Fun tour for families
Our family of five (mom and dad plus kids aged 17, 11, 9) had a blast with Jamie on this tour! We shared two donuts…
I went on this tour with Daniel and it was absolutely amazing! Very friendly and gave us si many info while touring…
Best way to get to know PDX
A great way to see some quirky parts of Portland and learn about the best local spots to eat and drink. Jamie was …
Even if Jamie, our guide, had not said a word the entire time it still would have been a fantastic experience. Add…
Donuts of Portland w/Jamie
Two adults and one teenager were the only three on this tour, just a couple of days after Christmas. This is my 4th…
I am from Texas (College Station). I went to Seattle for my vacation and wanted to do a half day tour in Portland a…
First Time Portland Brewery Tour!
My husband and I enjoyed the brewery tour on our quick weekend trip to visit Portland for the first time. Ana was a…
Ana was an amazing tour guide. She was a true professional. Downhills were chilly so wear gloves during winter mo…
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 2,355 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 128 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 4,061 travellers!
Afternoon Half-Day Multnomah Falls and Columbia River Gorge Waterfalls Tour from Portland
Popular: Booked by 2,778 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Downtown Portland Bike Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Downtown Portland Bike Tour?
How much is Downtown Portland Bike Tour?
Downtown Portland Bike Tour price starts from €41.43. Discover and book Downtown Portland Bike Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Downtown Portland Bike Tour cancellation policy?
Downtown Portland Bike Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Downtown Portland Bike Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Downtown Portland Bike Tour?
Downtown Portland Bike Tour is hosted by Pedal Bike Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Pedal Bike Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Downtown Portland Bike Tour on Tripadvisor