View all photos (12)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price Guarantee
Kenyan tea is renowned around the world and the Kiambethu Tea Farm is among the country’s oldest, dating back to 1910. This private full-day tour from Nairobi includes a tour of the tea plantation, a delicious 3-course lunch, and an expert-led tea tasting. Hotel pickup and drop-off is included.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Kiambethu FarmStop: 6 hours - Admission includedBegin your tour with pickup from your central Nairobi hotel in time for a 9.45am departure. Traveling in the comfort of a private vehicle, set out on the around 45-minute drive to Limuru, situated at 7,200 feet (2,195 meters) above sea level. On arrival at the Kiambethu Tea Farm, follow your guide on a walking tour of the plantation. Hear the history of the farm, which was set up by AB McDonell in 1910 and is still run by the same family, then learn more about the growing, picking, and processing of the tea leaves. As you explore the farm, keep a look out for exotic birds and Colobus monkeys. Back at the farmhouse, take a seat on the verandah, looking out over the tea fields and the distant Ngong Hills, and sample the freshly brewed tea for yourself. Finally, tuck into a delicious 3-course buffet lunch, all made with produce fresh from the farm. On return to Nairobi, your tour ends with drop-off at your hotel around 4pm.Read more
- Pickup and drop off to your hotel.
- All transport
- All fees.
- Drinks at the farm
- Our assistance at any point
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Kiambethu Farm
- Alcoholic drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Dress code is smart casual
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: African Beast Tours and Safaris
A Great Day!
Do you have a day to spend in Nairobi? Consider visiting Nairobi's Elephant Orphanage and Giraffe Center. Popula…
An excellent one day introduction to Kenyan wild life
After an intense week of work in Nairobi we took a day off. A colleague had done the same thing the day before and…
Great way to spend a day in Nairobi!
I booked this tour for the day I arrived in Nairobi, knowing I would be jet lagged and want something relaxing and …
Day trip to Elephant Orphanage & Giraffe Center - Brilliant!!
We had an excellent day with this tour company & Rafiki was an excellent guide, he was friendly and knew the best t…
Fantastic All Day Tour Nairobi Nat. Pk., Sheldrick Trust Nursery, Giraffe Center
Fantastic all day safari trip to Nairobi National Park (early start) for 3 hours with our great guide and driver Si…
Wonderful!!! 5 Star: Private Nairobi Layover Tour to Elephant orphanage and Giraffe Center
Our tour guide for this 5 Star private tour to the Elephant Orphanage and Giraffe Center was Simba. I totally reco…
Amazing tour guide, Simba
My friend and I had a great day exploring the sites of Nairobi with our tour guide Simba. Simba was very flexible a…
African Beast No Show!!!
We only had one day in Nairobi which is why we booked this tour in advance. We waited in our hotel lobby for over a…
I want to say thank you so much to Simba, my guide and my driver. He is so skilled, thoughtful, informative, knowle…
Simba, our guide, and Peter, our driver were awesome. Both gentlemen very informative, knowledgeable, and accommoda…
Great Activity if you don’t have time for a multiple day safari!
We weren’t sure we were ready for a full safari with overnight stays so we were excited to find this tour which of…
We enjoyed such a great day-trip with a kindly and friendly guide. The car was comfortable and the trip was really …
Rhinos, Elephants, Giraffes, OH MY!
We started our day early with hotel pick up and proceeded to the national park. The open air truck, nature, and the…
Excellent Tanzania 6 day Northern Circuit Camping Safari
Last week my family and I had the privilege of a 5 night safari trip to Serengeti,Ngorongoro,Lake Manyara and Taran…
I took this safari on the 8th of June 2019. I had traveled solo on work from India and found a link online. The ent…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241