Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
A visit that brings you to a secluded nature reserve in the surroundings of León, get to know the different species of Flora and Fauna in the area, and enjoy the pacific beaches in the surroundings of the reserve.
- You'll start atLeonOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Juan Venado Island Nature ReserveStop: 3 hours - Admission includedJuan Venado Island is a nature reserve situated 25 minutes from León and located to the south of the beaches of Las Peñitas and Poneloya. One of the ways to discover its impressive mangrove sanctuary is by boat. The edge that faces into the Pacific Ocean possesses a fine estuary and is also a vital nesting site for Olive Ridley sea turtles between August and January. The estuary of Juan Venado Island itself is inhabited by water birds, caimans, crocodiles, iguanas, crustaceans and more. Bird watching enthusiasts will find the island a real treat as it is home to 106 bird species.Read more
- You'll end atLeonSee Important Information for details
Leon, Leon, Leon Department
Returns to original departure point
- Local guide
- Pick-up and drop-off
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Juan Venado Island Nature Reserve
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Most travellers can participate
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Vapues Nicaragua Tours
Choco Reflexology - Highly recommended massage!!
A must do in Granada!! Take a chocolate drink, have a swim at the pool and finish with a fantastic chocolate massag…
Excellent half-day city tour in Managua
Very good agency, they catered a personalised tour of the capital city for me, building around my needs. They provi…
Vapues 10 day trip/vacation in Nicaragua
visited Managua, Leon, Granada, Masaya, San Juan Del Sur.....The staff/tour guides were very professional , amazing…
An amazing trip!!
We had a 10-day trip to Nicaragua and thanks to the staff from Vapues, we had an amazing time in Nicaragua. Ever si…
Great experience with Vapues tours!!
This was my first time travelling to Nicargua, I’m a 26 female and I was travelling alone so got into contact with …
Excellent travel agency
I spent 6 days in Nicaragua and arranged all my travels through Vapues: they were wonderful, very attentive and pr…
Not usually my thing, we visited the museum as a stop off during a ride on a horse-drawn carriage and it was superb…
A professionally arranged factory tour
Many companies will provide transport to the Flor de Cana plant - we used Tiera Tours. Its all arranged really well…
Bespoke lakes and volcanoes tour
We used Vapues to arrange a bespoke 9 day adventure tour in Nicaragua taking in Leon, Granada, Ometepe and Managua.…
Excellent and reliable
We have just returned from a 2 week trip to Nicaragua. We organised our visit with the help of Pioneer Expeditions …
earlier review incorrect and a mistake
I wrote a nasty review in February because I thought Vapues Tours had rip me off. I was in Granada and book a airpo…
Me and my sister did the Masaya volcano tour with the market! Tour cost $45 and was worth it! We got picked up from…
Wonderful trip to Nicaragua!
Booked this trip from the UK via Travellocal, who put us in touch with Vapues in Nicaragua. They worked with us to…
Excellent tour company
Our family of six ranging in age from 73 down to 8-years-old used Vapues Tours to plan our 10 day trip to Nicaragua…
Tour of the Chocolate Museum in Granada, Nicaragua
Anthony was our guide and he was really fun. Our family of four (two teenagers) were able to sample delicious choco…
- Duration: 3–4 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Nature and Wildlife
Frequently Asked Questions about Boat expedition across Juan Venado Island Reserve
How much is Boat expedition across Juan Venado Island Reserve?
Boat expedition across Juan Venado Island Reserve price starts from €86.55. Discover and book Boat expedition across Juan Venado Island Reserve on Tripadvisor
What is the Boat expedition across Juan Venado Island Reserve cancellation policy?
Boat expedition across Juan Venado Island Reserve cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Boat expedition across Juan Venado Island Reserve on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Boat expedition across Juan Venado Island Reserve?
Boat expedition across Juan Venado Island Reserve is hosted by Vapues Nicaragua Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Vapues Nicaragua Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Boat expedition across Juan Venado Island Reserve on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Boat expedition across Juan Venado Island Reserve?
On average, this experience will take approximately 3h. Discover and book Boat expedition across Juan Venado Island Reserve on Tripadvisor