Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (12)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Mondo's Beach, Pacific Coast Hwy, Ventura, CA 93001, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Wetsuit provided according to your size
- Transportation to Mondo's Beach
- Gratuity for your guide(s) - While optional it is very much appreciated and to be given at your discretion in return for their leadership, expertise, and professionalism.You can tip the guide in cash or via credit card at the end of your tour as you feel appropriate.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be at least 7 years old, comfortable swimming in the ocean and ducking under waves
- Minimum numbers apply. Our surf lessons require a minimum of 2 participants to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you are a single traveler, please free to call our office to confirm availability
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 or higher).
- A full water bottle. 1 quart or greater - please help us reduce our environmental footprint by bringing a re-usable bottle
- A hat with a brim.
- A beach towel
- Beach shoes or flips.
- Sunglasses with a neck strap such as "Chums" or “Croakies”
- Swim suit or swim trunks
- Sweatshirt or sweater and a dry change of clothes
- Waterproof camera (optional)
- Lycra rashguard. (optional)
- Neoprene booties. (optional)
- To ensure proper equipment, please provide your heights & weights. Thank you.
- Guests under 18 years of age MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign their release forms. If you need this paperwork sent to you ahead of time, please contact our office.
- Santa Barbara Adventure Company . Channel Islands Adventure Company . 805-884-WAVE (805-884-9283)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We were visiting Santa Barbara from the UK with our 7 and 8 year old children. We had a surf lesson with Marc and everyone loved it. My youngest was standing on his surf board straight away and my daughter pretty soon afterwards. A great success- thank you!
I came with our 17 year old daughter, we stayed at Hotel Milo and drove to Mondo’s Beach for the surfing lesson. We had a great time!! Instructors were very helpful with all of the gear and were very friendly and patient. Our daughter had an awesome time surfing and would love…
We actually did two activities with this company and both were great fun with awesome guides. We had done a surfing lesson with another firm the day before near Venice Beach and the Santa Barbara Adventure Company was way better. Pablo and Piers were excellent instructors and…
Date of experience: July 2018
My wife set up a father-son trip to Santa Barbara and signed us up for surfing lessons. Pablo and Rachel were fun and helpful teachers. They kept us focused and we had some success by the end of the class. Great memories for us both.
Really good experience surfing in Santa Barbara with great instructor's. We came by car and changed location during the session, but that just gave us the opportunity to see more of the great beaches.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Santa Barbara Adventure Company
Great super knowledgeable kayak tour guides. Was beautiful! Although the website days 2.5 hrs and begins at 1030, y…
PABLO is the best!
We kayaked the Channel Islands with Island Packers. ASK FOR PABLO! HE was the best! It was a wonderful experienc…
Amazing Kayak Adventure
I never imagined how wonderful this Kayak Adventure tour was going to be until I personally experienced it. It’s be…
All around great experience
I really loved how friendly our guide Hannah was. She shared info about the area and the harbor and made us feel l…
Great Family Adventure
This was the third time for us to take a family trip to the Channel Islands for kayaking and a picnic. It is alway…
Kayak Tour in Channel Islands.
Fun experience, great staff, highly recommend! Just wish we had more time to explore the island! So much to see!
Afternoon of fun and learning
Kyle was so thorough, I felt prepared and comfortable getting on the water. Once out paddling, he shared so much hi…
Our guide was very knowledgeable and helpful. I would not go again as the price of $150 per person was way too muc…
Great tasting tour!
We loved our shuttle experience! It was so nice to have the destinations chosen for us (one less thing to plan), an…
great kayaking excursion
wonderful guide, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Santa Cruz island is beautiful.Really enjoyed our kayaking excursi…
Prisoner’s Harbor Kayak Tour
Our entire experience was awesome - from Ventura check-in to the boat ride to the island (lots of dolphins) to our …
Peaceful Kayaking in the Harbor
This was an easy and informative two-hour paddle in the harbor. Our guide, Caco, was excellent. He knew a lot abo…
Hugely enjoyed our wine tour with Matt!
We took the wine tour between Xmas and New Years. The weather was terrific and our guide Matt — an artist, young fa…
Great experience for the inexperienced
This was the first time kayaking for us. Aubrey was a great guide, very knowledgeable and a good instructor. It wa…
Sea cave tour on Santa Cruz Island, Channel Islands NP
So much fun!! Our guide was wonderful. We could tell that he was extremely knowledgeable about the wildlife, the is…
- Mondo's Beach
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Santa Barbara Surfing Lesson
How much is Santa Barbara Surfing Lesson?
Santa Barbara Surfing Lesson price starts from US$102.70. Discover and book Santa Barbara Surfing Lesson on Tripadvisor
What is the Santa Barbara Surfing Lesson cancellation policy?
Santa Barbara Surfing Lesson cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Santa Barbara Surfing Lesson on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Santa Barbara Surfing Lesson?
Santa Barbara Surfing Lesson is hosted by Santa Barbara Adventure Company. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Santa Barbara Adventure Company on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Santa Barbara Surfing Lesson on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Santa Barbara Surfing Lesson?
On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Santa Barbara Surfing Lesson on Tripadvisor