Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (10)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price Guarantee
Refugio State Beach, 10 Refugio Beach Rd, Goleta, CA 93117, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Knowledgeable guide and discussion of natural history/marine ecology
- Lunch, snacks and beverages
- Kayaking gear (wetsuit, paddle jacket, PFD, and helmet)
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Transportation to Refugio State Beach
- Personal expenses
- State Beach parking fee is $10
- Gratuity for your guide(s) - While optional it is very much appreciated and to be given at your discretion in return for their leadership, expertise, and professionalism.You can tip the guide in cash or via credit card at the end of your tour as you feel appropriate.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If your contact number is international, please include your email address in the comment section.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking. We will provide either a DELI or VEGETARIAN LUNCH
- Minimum numbers apply. Our kayak tours require a minimum of 2 participants to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- If you are a single traveler, please feel free to call our office to confirm availability
- Children under 5 are not permitted. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult in a double kayak.
- What you will need:
- Sun Screen (SPF 30 or higher).
- A full water bottle. One liter or larger - please help us reduce our environmental footprint by bringing a re-usable bottle
- A hat with a brim.
- A beach towel
- Beach shoes or flips.
- Sunglasses with a neck strap such as "Chums" or “Croakies”
- Swim suit or swim trunks
- Sweatshirt or sweater and a dry change of clothes
- Waterproof camera (optional)
- Lycra rashguard. (optional)
- Neoprene booties. (optional)
- To ensure proper equipment, please provide your heights & weights. Thank you.
- Double kayaks are automatically provided. Singles are available for odd number parties. Guests over 230lbs will be provided a single kayak.
- Guests under 18 years of age MUST have a parent or legal guardian sign their release forms. If you need this paperwork sent to you ahead of time, please contact our office.
- Santa Barbara Adventure Company . Channel Islands Adventure Company . 805-884-WAVE (805-884-9283)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Fun trip with Pierce, our excellent guide! He offered information about different sea life, plants and the surrounding areas of coastline. A delicious lunch was provided at a secluded beach stop. Pierce ensured that our launch into the ocean and our landings on the beach were…
Date of experience: September 2019
We had a fantastic day on the water with Laird and Pat. They were very attentive to our group - we were two adults and two kids (9,12) - making sure we had all the equipment we needed, sticking with us when we needed help with our seats and jackets, and sharing with us their…
Our kayak excursion could not have been better! Scott, our tour guide, really made the trip special with his professionalism , expertise and knowledge of the local marine life & the environment. Customer service is also a high priority with this company as we were pampered and…
Date of experience: July 2018
We had an excellent time on our Rufugio tour. All of the staff was very helpful. Pierce was our guide who was simply amazing. He took great care of us from the very beginning to the end. His knowledge of marine life was very impressive and he attended to our every need. Highly…
Date of experience: May 2018
My husband and I had an adventure weekend planned for celebrations and had one of the best experiences working with the team and planning an excursion exploring Sea Caves. Kim helped us with logistics, and was constantly in touch with spring weather updates and suggested…
Date of experience: April 2018
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Santa Barbara Adventure Company
Afternoon of fun and learning
Kyle was so thorough, I felt prepared and comfortable getting on the water. Once out paddling, he shared so much hi…
Our guide was very knowledgeable and helpful. I would not go again as the price of $150 per person was way too muc…
Great tasting tour!
We loved our shuttle experience! It was so nice to have the destinations chosen for us (one less thing to plan), an…
great kayaking excursion
wonderful guide, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. Santa Cruz island is beautiful.Really enjoyed our kayaking excursi…
Prisoner’s Harbor Kayak Tour
Our entire experience was awesome - from Ventura check-in to the boat ride to the island (lots of dolphins) to our …
Peaceful Kayaking in the Harbor
This was an easy and informative two-hour paddle in the harbor. Our guide, Caco, was excellent. He knew a lot abo…
Hugely enjoyed our wine tour with Matt!
We took the wine tour between Xmas and New Years. The weather was terrific and our guide Matt — an artist, young fa…
Great experience for the inexperienced
This was the first time kayaking for us. Aubrey was a great guide, very knowledgeable and a good instructor. It wa…
Sea cave tour on Santa Cruz Island, Channel Islands NP
So much fun!! Our guide was wonderful. We could tell that he was extremely knowledgeable about the wildlife, the is…
Sea Kayaking --wonderful day exploring Channel Islands
My daughter and I had a grand adventure with the sea kayaking tour of Santa Cruz Island. Our guide was knowledgeabl…
Amazing Sea Cave Kayak Tour with SBACo!
I had the opportunity to finally go camping on Santa Cruz Island. It was beautiful! The island offers a rustic beau…
Great guides and a top notch operation
A friend and I went on the Adventure Sea Cave Tour on Santa Cruz Island. It was an excellent experience with a ver…
friendly and knowledgable guide
We loved talking to our enthusiastic guide, and we took photos of some wildlife. We would have liked to have seen …
Great way to explore the Channel Islands
The kayak tour on the Channel islands was great. the tour guide was very good. The company should pay the guides …
Awesome surf lesson
We were visiting Santa Barbara from the UK with our 7 and 8 year old children. We had a surf lesson with Marc and e…
- Refugio State Park and Beach
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 134 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Refugio State Beach Kayak Tour
What time does Refugio State Beach Kayak Tour start?
Refugio State Beach Kayak Tour will start at 10:00 AM. Discover and book Refugio State Beach Kayak Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Refugio State Beach Kayak Tour?
Refugio State Beach Kayak Tour price starts from US$137.31. Discover and book Refugio State Beach Kayak Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Refugio State Beach Kayak Tour cancellation policy?
Refugio State Beach Kayak Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Refugio State Beach Kayak Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Refugio State Beach Kayak Tour?
Refugio State Beach Kayak Tour is hosted by Santa Barbara Adventure Company. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Santa Barbara Adventure Company on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Refugio State Beach Kayak Tour on Tripadvisor