Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Head to the Pacific coast for a tour of Hearst Castle with transportation from Paso Robles. Explore the mansion with your guide and small group limited to eight people. You can ask plenty of questions, and you also have time to explore the grounds on your own. Lunch is included, and the tour wraps up by mid-afternoon.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Hearst CastleStop: 3 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2Friends of the Elephant Seal Visitor Center and Gift ShopStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 3CambriaStop: 30 minutesSee details
- Learn about the renowned architect Julia Morgan who designed Hearst Castle
- See several stately rooms in the mansion's main building
- Walk around the grounds independently after the guided tour
- Have time for lunch, and perhaps wine tasting or shopping
What to Expect
After early pickup from select Paso Robles hotels or downtown’s City Park, relax during the drive to Hearst Castle. Join your guide for the Grand Rooms Tour, recommended for first-time visitors. Your guide shares commentary about the history and architecture of Hearst Castle as you visit five rooms in the mansion's main building. Afterward, feel free to stroll on your own through the large gardens. Be sure to see the ornately decorated indoor and outdoor swimming pools. Stop for a light lunch before returning to your starting point in Paso Robles. If time permits, stop at a local winery (at your own expense) or go shopping in Cambria on the way back.
- Bottled water
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected Paso Robles hotels only)
- Designated meeting point pickup and drop-off in Paso Robles
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Hearst Castle
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Wheelchair accessible, please advise at time of booking if wheelchair accessibility is required
- We may be able accommodate single travelers with other booked from your pick up City
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please advise to ages of children when booking
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- WHEELCHAIR ACCOMMODATIONS
- Wheelchairs are allowed on all touring vehicles; however, we do not have a lift or a ramp available. Please let us know at the time of booking if you will be bringing a wheelchair.
- Wheelchairs up to 28 inches in width can be accommodated at the Castle.
- SERVICE ANIMAL POLICY
- Service animals are allowed on all tours. If you plan to bring a service animal, please provide this information at the time of booking.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Loved our guide, Tony's knowledge of the area and the castle. Can't wait to go back and do a private tour. Tony was very prompt and willing to answer any questions we had. We did a full day private adventure to the castle and different vineyards. Strongly suggest The Wine…
Date of experience: December 2019
The wife and I came down on the Amtrak to go to Hearst castle, two bucket list things. Amtrak put the trip together in their vacations package and we were picked up by the wine wrangler, Tony was our guide and he was the nicest most knowledgeable person. He took us to the castle…
Date of experience: August 2019
The Grand Tour itself is amazing. Better yet, after the tour you get to walk around the perimeter of the main houses. Whether spending time sitting by the pool or at the garden, it sure made me feel like I was one of the very important guests.
Date of experience: July 2019
Hearst Castle is amazing and worth the trip but this review is about a great way to get there. My husband and I booked a two-day tour as part of a Key Holidays Amtrak package. We had different Wine Wrangler drivers each day. Tony and Dave were both excellent drivers and…
Date of experience: July 2019
If you are happily wine tasting in Paso Robles, plan to take a day to drive over the rolling hills that drop down into the Pacific Ocean. Travel up the stunning coastline to San Simeon, visit the comprehensive newly-built, massive visitor center before winding up into the hills…
Date of experience: September 2017
3 Helpful votes
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Wine Wrangler - Day Tours
Wonderful wine tasting day
Paulie was an awesome guide! We went to 4 amazing wineries and loved the wine at each location. I would definitely …
We really enjoyed our wine tasting tour. Tony was our driver and he was very knowledgeable about the different wine…
Great wine wrangler tour
Great tour. Highly recommend the full day tour. Our tour guide Paulie was great and we got to experience some loca…
No COVID-19 safety and no wine knowledge
Do not go with Mike. I expected this tour to practice the minimum Covid safety practices of requiring passengers to…
Amazing tour guide, knowledgeable, funny, me and the wife had an amazing time!!!
Paulie, Paulie, Paulie, this tour guide man, went above and beyond to make sure we had a good time. Me and my wife …
What made this tour was really our guide, Paulie. He knows the wineries well and has great advice for wine novices …
Fun Paso Robles Wine Tour
Paulie was our guide on our wine tour, with the Wine Wrangler. He was friendly, knowledgeable, and provided a gr…
Good choice of wineries (Bianchi, Steinbeck, Rail Split and Rio Seco) and the tour driver (tony) was awesome.
Wine Wrangler is AMAZING
Fantastic wine tour!!! I 100% recommend everyone to book through wine wrangler. Paulie was the best driver! He told…
Pauli’s was incredible! Our experience was so personalized and amazing. He made sure we hit the best spots that cat…
Amazing Fun Time
We did the 5 hour tour with Paulie yesterday and all we can say is AMAZING. Paulie was so knowledgeable about the …
Great romantic experience!
Went on a half day tour this past weekend with my girlfriend. Tony from wine wranglers picked us up from our Hotel …
An amazing day of tasting
Had an amazing time with coy of wine wrangler. Learned so much about the history of the area, Got educated on wine …
We had a great time with this tour. Paulie was awesome taking us to the wineries and telling us a lot about them. W…
Best driver, great experience
We went to Croad and Hunts. Both wineries had amazing wine! I have to say though, our driver Paulie was amazing! He…
- Duration: 7–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Popular: Booked by 245 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 426 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Hearst Castle Tour with pickup from Paso Robles, CA
Which attractions will I visit with Hearst Castle Tour with pickup from Paso Robles, CA?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Hearst Castle Tour with pickup from Paso Robles, CA on Tripadvisor
How much is Hearst Castle Tour with pickup from Paso Robles, CA?
Hearst Castle Tour with pickup from Paso Robles, CA price starts from €134.19. Discover and book Hearst Castle Tour with pickup from Paso Robles, CA on Tripadvisor
What is the Hearst Castle Tour with pickup from Paso Robles, CA cancellation policy?
Hearst Castle Tour with pickup from Paso Robles, CA cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Hearst Castle Tour with pickup from Paso Robles, CA on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Hearst Castle Tour with pickup from Paso Robles, CA?
Hearst Castle Tour with pickup from Paso Robles, CA is hosted by Wine Wrangler - Day Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Wine Wrangler - Day Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Hearst Castle Tour with pickup from Paso Robles, CA on Tripadvisor