View all photos (3)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
A significant religious and archaeological site for centuries, Bagan in central Myanmar has now been inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.Approved at the World Heritage Committee.
You'll start at
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Bagan TemplesStop: 6 hours - Admission excludedPick up from your hotel at at 08:00. Get ready for an inspiring experience with this Bagan full day tour. Join with a local guide to explore the best of Bagan’s history, culture and landscapes. Start at an elevated viewpoint for a sweeping view over Bagan’s plains. Grasp the sheer scale and scope of the archeological zone while getting an orientation to the town’s layout. Then visit the iconic Ananda Temple, one of Myanmar’s most revered temples. Explore the incredible monument before the tourist groups arrive, learning about the history and legends without the crowds. Continue south to Gubyaukgyi Temple to examine the beautiful mural paintings found inside and admire the incredible exterior plaster carvings. Then it is a short walk to Manuha and Nan Paya temples, smaller but equally impressive monuments. After this introduction to Bagan’s architectural wonders, take a closer look at its culture with a visit to a selection of traditional workshops. Witness skilled artisans making lacquerware and wood crafts, using techniques handed down from generation to generation. The remarkable skill of the artisans is sure to impress! At midday take a break for lunch (by your own account) and to escape the midday heat. Continue the Bagan full day tour in the afternoon with a private river boat cruise on the Irrawaddy River. Journey upriver toward the pagoda of Kyauk Gu U Min, passing by scenes of life on the water with fishermen, local passenger ferries and river villages filling the landscapes. Continue upstream and disembark near Kyauk Gu U Min. Take a short walk along the sandy riverside to reach the 13th-century temple. Examine the exquisite stone carvings on the door then go inside to wander amid the small meditation niches. After the visit, return to the boat and cruise downstream towards Bagan and enjoy sunset in majestic Ayeryarwaddy river. Non-alcoholic sunset drinks and light Burmese snacks will be served on board. After enjoying the cruise, transfer back to your hotel.Read more
You'll end at
Old Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
See address & details
Old Bagan, Myanmar (Burma)
Returns to original departure point
- Transfer and tour with private air conditioned car
- English speaking local guide
- Private wooden boat in Ayeyarwaddy river
- Sunset non-alcoholic drink
- Filtered drinking water and wet towels during the tour
- Bagan zone fee
- Travel Insurance
- Myanmar visa fee
- Personal expenditure, such as drinks, souvenirs, laundry, camera fees, communications, postage
- Entry/Admission - Bagan Temples
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
- Duration: 7–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241