Recommended by 85% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Colorado RiverStop: 8 hours - Admission includedGetting you to the bottom of Grand Canyon and the Colorado River in air conditioned 4x4 custom coaches.Read more
- Scenic 4x4 off road tour
- Entry/Admission - Colorado River
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately, temperatures are 20 degree's warmer at the bottom
- Minimum age is 5 years
- Minimum booking required is 2
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We took our 5 kids on this tour and they loved it! After hiking the rim trail the previous day, it was so neat to be able to swim in the Colorado River inside the canyon. With children we would not be able to hike to the bottom, so this was a unique opportunity for them. They…
Date of experience: October 2020
3 Helpful votes
Received at 0730 of the morning of our planned trip telling us that their driver was out sick and they had no one to fill in and would need to cancel our trip. Still working on getting a refund.
What a great way to see the bottom of the canyon! We went swimming in the Colorado River, had a picnic on the bank, and learned all about the history and geology of the canyon. Chris was an excellent driver as well.
Date of experience: September 2020
Such an out-of-the ordinary trip. Yes, it's a long day, on a rough dirt road, but that's what makes it all worthwhile. We saw deer, donkeys, a sheep, a roadrunner, and spectacular views. Actually being at the bottom of the canyon and at the river was remarkable. Worth every…
Date of experience: October 2019
2 Helpful votes
The folks were nice enough to call me the day before to make sure I understood what the tour was, they don't take you to the rim where most tourists go, we have been there before. I wanted to go to bottom of the Canyon without hiking. This is the only way to drive in, the…
Date of experience: September 2019
5 Helpful votes
Response from CanyonBret, Owner at Full-Day Inner Canyon River Tour to the Bottom of Grand Canyon
Responded 1 Oct 2019
Kamal, Thank you for your input. I would like to clarify a couple things though for our viewers. The trip through the canyon is usually pretty tame. During the rainy season there can be flash flooding. After this occurs it can make the travel a little more rugged, which is why we have lifted 4x4 coaches, but at no time is the travel dangerous. Also departing from Williams it is 1 hour 10 minutes travel time along Historic Route 66 fully narrated to arrive at the canyon. Then the tour through the canyon begins, 18 miles and usually 1 Hr 30 minutes to 1 Hr 45 minutes depending on conditions with up to 2 hours at the river. I didn't want people to think that it is 6 hours to get to the canyon. Thanks again !
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Grand Canyon Custom Tours
Best way to see the GC
No driving & you couldn't find the places they take you to unless you're a long time local. Definitely recomended.
Awesome tour great commentary very informative excellent choice of music very comfortable trip with very safe drivi…
to the bottom of the grand canyon
it was a wonderful trip and our driver “Chris” was incredible. I can’t say enough about the company after they help…
Not as expected
We were expecting a free wheeling Jeep experience but actually got a rather tame, overly cooled, van that took us o…
Go to the bottom of the canyon and play in the Colorado River as it slices thru the canyon.
My family (10 of us in total) had the best day with Chris at the Colorado River in the Grand Canyon. One grandson s…
Dealing with Brent and GCC Tours was worst trip experience ever. Very difficult and would not recommend
Rewarding experience! SAW the canyon from the top the day before. Awesome! Today EXPERIENCED the canyon from the bo…
J Delia M00
Bottom of the Grand Canyon
This was a great experience! We had a small issue with our booking information but the staff was amazing at fixing …
The Bottom of the Grand Canyon
I had a great time; my tour guide was fun and personable. I have been to the south rim many times, the north rim a…
Inner canyon river tour
The mini-bus that picked us up from our hotel was punctual and comfortable. The driver made the 2-hour descent more…
Inner Canyon Tour
Jeff was fantastic guide. It was amazing to see the canyon from the gorge. Truly awesome experience.
It was a lovely trip. Loved going through the little town along Route 66. The canyon itself was extraordinary. You could
It was a lovely trip. Loved going through the little town along Route 66. The canyon itself was extraordinary. You …
Trip to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
Being able to experience the Grand Canyon that close and to actually stand in the Colorado River was amazing. Thank…
Amazing way to see the Canyon!!!!!
We have 2 young adult sons and one 15 yr old we took on this trip. This was our first time to see the Canyon & it w…
Good Tour, Bad Food/Lunch Stop
Great tour however awful included Lunch/food Stop. Go to Pacos Tacos across parking lot...... Great views along the…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 697 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 2,304 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 5,462 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 8,454 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,992 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Full-Day Inner Canyon River Tour to the Bottom of Grand Canyon
- Full-Day Inner Canyon River Tour to the Bottom of Grand Canyon will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Full-Day Inner Canyon River Tour to the Bottom of Grand Canyon on Tripadvisor
- Full-Day Inner Canyon River Tour to the Bottom of Grand Canyon price starts from €236.21. Discover and book Full-Day Inner Canyon River Tour to the Bottom of Grand Canyon on Tripadvisor
- Full-Day Inner Canyon River Tour to the Bottom of Grand Canyon cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Full-Day Inner Canyon River Tour to the Bottom of Grand Canyon on Tripadvisor
- Full-Day Inner Canyon River Tour to the Bottom of Grand Canyon is hosted by Grand Canyon Custom Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Grand Canyon Custom Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Full-Day Inner Canyon River Tour to the Bottom of Grand Canyon on Tripadvisor