Recommended by 97% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Misty Fjords National MonumentStop: 2 hours - Admission includedAlaska's Inside Passage or Southeast Alaska is home to some of the most breathtaking scenery on earth. One of its jewels is the majestic Misty Fjords National Monument. Completely road-less and consisting of 2.3 million acres, an area larger than Yellowstone, makes a seaplane tour the only way to comfortably experience the many different levels within the deep, narrow fjords. More dramatic than the Grand Canyon, the fjords are steep walled inlets of the sea. Created by glacial gouging long ago, snow capped, sheer granite cliffs rise dramatically 3,500 out of the sea, ribbonned with waterfalls plummeting sensationally thousands of feet. Nestled within the steep walled canyons, lie pristine bowl-shaped alpine lakes suspended at many different elevations above sea level. Fed by more than 150 inches of misty rain annually, the lush rain forest, made of giant stands of spruce, hemlock and cedar, cling to the rugged rising terrain. Wildlife abounds in the area, with mountain goats and harbor seals being the most frequently sighted animals. Our most popular tour lasts 2 hours and takes you across Revilliagegedo Island over to the Alaskan mainland where the fjords are located, and into the heart of the monument. Headsets with voice communication are provided to passengers so you can chat in flight and ask questions as we fly. For the highlight of the tour, we will land on an alpine lake or on a calm bay at sea level and let passengers get off of the floatplane for a quiet excursion. Relax, stretch your legs and take some photos as you drink in the silence of the vast wilderness. Flying within the Misty Fjords is truly an emotional experience you’ll never forget!!Read more
- Pick-up and drop-off by Island WIngs van from the Ketchikan Visitors Bureau on Cruise Ship Berth 2
- Interactive narration with your Pilot
- Voice activated, noise cancelling headsets for every passenger
- Guranteed window seats for every person
- US Forest Service Special Use Permit for Shore stops within Misty Fjords National Monument
- We operate well maintained six-passenger DeHavilland Beaver floatplanes
- Entry/Admission - Misty Fjords National Monument
- No food or drinks allowed on the floatplane, except bottled water
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Please wear layered clothing and comfortable walking shoes.
- All passengers MUST provide us a contact phone number when booking or call us to confirm a tour time.
- Passengers travelling via cruise ship MUST provide their cruise ship name to us so that appropriate arrangements can be made.
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
My wife and I had the most amazing time! Words can’t explain how great this trip was. Michelle, Shona and the team were top professionals with every aspect. The views were incredible. Our pictures are incredible. Michelle is an excellent pilot, truly loves her plane and keeps it…
Date of experience: July 2019
Flying with Michelle was the highlight of our trip to Alaska. She was friendly, professional, and knowledgeable. We wish we could have spent longer with her. It was an incredible opportunity to experience more remote Alaska!
Date of experience: September 2019
Our group of 5 women, including 91 year old auntie who was our co-pilot, had a wonderful time flying with Michelle. The fjords were very misty. Landing on the small lake and getting our pictures. Upon our return home we found copies of Salmon in the Trees. Michelle pointed out…
Always wanted to fly in a floatplane and this trip to The Misty Fjords was as exhilarating as it comes....made even better by our terrific pilot, Adam, with his infectious enthusiasm for flying and the wonderful spectacle that opened up below us. Hope to do this again at some…
Date of experience: October 2019
The pilot(and owner) is full of herself, rude when answering questions we had and condescending. The area we flew over was beautiful and we were able to land on a lake 30 minute flight back in, but the owner acted as if there wasn't any information that was worth passing on to…
Date of experience: October 2018
1 Helpful vote
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Island Wings Air Service
Misty Fjords and Traitors Cove
My husband went on a combination tour of Misty Fjords and Traitors Cove in late July 2020. We absolutely loved our…
Excursion of a lifetime!
I booked this trip with Island Wings for a party of 6 (me, my husband, and two couples that were traveling with us)…
Great customer service
This is an unusual 5 star review in that we didn't actually take the trip. Our cruise ship encountered a mechanical…
Salmon, and eagles, and bears! Oh MY!
We had the opportunity to take this tour in early September while on our Disney Cruise. From pick up at the dock to…
I’ve joined Traitor’s Cove bear viewing with Island Wings company with my family (my parents 65 and 66 years old, a…
Trip of a lifetime
We highly recommend Island Wings Air Service. Their planes have been restored to perfection and incredibly well ma…
One of our best experiences
Adam is a great pilot. He provided a fantastic experience for us. The De Havilland Float plane was in great conditi…
After much research, we booked Island Wings last February for our September,2019 excursion. We had Michelle as our …
Simply Amazing! Great service
Island Wings did such an amazing job! They couldn’t put us on the original tour, the Misty Fjords, because of the w…
A must do!!! 🐻
We jumped off our cruise ship and caught the floatplane from SeaWind Aviation to Traitors Cove and was accompanied …
Could not be happier with the service and care of the Island Wings team. We had a fantastic experience. I highly re…
Once in a lifetime experience
My family of 4 booked with Michelle and Island Wings after reading all the great reviews. Flying in a float plane w…
Highlight of Alaska!!
Island Wings team does an AMAZING job!! They give you more time with the bears than any other tour and trust me I …
We flew the Misty Fjords in a floatplane with Michelle piloting. Words cannot describe how beautiful this area is …
Book it, worth it, absolutely amazing day!!
My family of 6 (kids ages 18, 16, 13) plus my mom booked the float plane trip to Traitors Cove on our Disney Cruise…
- Duration: 2h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Ports of Call Tours
Frequently Asked Questions about Misty Fjords Seaplane Tour
How much is Misty Fjords Seaplane Tour?
Misty Fjords Seaplane Tour price starts from €235.38. Discover and book Misty Fjords Seaplane Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Misty Fjords Seaplane Tour cancellation policy?
Misty Fjords Seaplane Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Misty Fjords Seaplane Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Misty Fjords Seaplane Tour?
Misty Fjords Seaplane Tour is hosted by Island Wings Air Service. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Island Wings Air Service on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Misty Fjords Seaplane Tour on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Misty Fjords Seaplane Tour?
On average, this experience will take approximately 2h 30m. Discover and book Misty Fjords Seaplane Tour on Tripadvisor