Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (92)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Optimize your time on land in Juneau on this combo shore excursion, with a helicopter tour and guided walk on Herbert Glacier included. Tick off these two top Juneau experiences seamlessly with round-trip transfer from your cruise terminal, and benefit from the personalized attention of your small-group guide throughout. Cruise ship passengers please note that the shuttle will pick up one hour before listed flight time.
- Explore by helicopter for memorable views of Alaska’s glacial landscape
- Land on Herbert Glacier for an intimate walking tour
- Benefit from the personalized attention of your small-group guide
- Enjoy hassle-free round-trip transfer from your cruise terminal one hour before listed time.
8995 Yandukin Dr, Juneau, AK 99801, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Round-trip helicopter flight
- Guided glacier walk
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Boots and raincoats, if needed
- Worry-free Shore Excursion Guarantee
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note: All passenger names and weights MUST be advised at time of booking, as they are required by the FAA for weight and balance calculations and flight manifesting. To ensure the comfort of all travelers, passengers weighing 280 lbs (127 kg) or more must pay an additional USD$100 to secure extra space in the aircraft. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour
- No-bag policy. If you have medical needs that require a carry on, please note at time of booking. All bags brought to base will be stored in the tour office until you return from your flight
- Dress warmly and in layers, and wear rubber-soled shoes such as a light hiking boot or athletic shoes. The tour company will provide overshoes and can supply raincoats as needed. Remember to bring your camera, film and binoculars!
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative time or full refund
- Cancellation policy: 100% non-refundable
- Please ensure your weight is in the correct format (kgs/lbs) when you include your weight at checkout
- PICKUPS: CRUISE PASSENGERS: SHUTTLE PICKS UP 1 HOUR BEFORE FLIGHT TIME HOTELS LOCATED IN DOWNTOWN JUNEAU: 1 HOUR BEFORE FLIGHT TIME HOTELS LOCATED BY THE AIRPORT: 30 MINUTES BEFORE FLIGHT TIME SELF-DRIVE/AIRBNB GUESTS: CHECK IN 30 MINUTES BEFORE FLIGHT TIME AT MAIN OFFICE
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
We would have loved to have taken this tour of a lifetime and were very excited to see there was a company advertising ADA compliance. That changed when I tried to book the tour. First the tour company said service dogs were not allowed per FAA, then the company emailed that…
Date of experience: February 2020
Response from SarahL8823, Manager at Juneau Shore Excursion: Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk
Responded 14 Feb 2020
We appreciate feedback and TripAdvisor reviews, thank you for taking the time. We were very accommodating to your concerns and made the necessary and suggested changes on our website. There were a few notes that were untrue in the review: 1. The FAA was never mentioned, this is a company policy and I was very clear on that. 2. You also stated that it took a long time to respond and you stated it was because we were changing our policy. Not correct. Your email was sent Feb 11th @ 3:59am (Alaska Time) and I responded on Feb 12th @ 1:58pm (Alaska Time). We accommodate wheelchair guests utilizing our ADA lift. These guests are seated behind the pilot who have control over the exit door. We have made changes on our website and are not advertising ADA complaint. We changed our verbiage to accommodate ADA lift assistance only. We also provide information regarding service animals on our FAQ page.
Highly recommend this helicopter tour. We didn't get a lot of time on the glacier but the pilot made up for it with drive bys to other glaziers.
Date of experience: August 2019
We had a great time. The pilot was great and narrated the flight to and from Herbert glacier. Much cheaper than than the same tour through the cruise line. No worries about returning back to the cruise ship on time.
Date of experience: September 2019
This is an experience I will always remember for a lifetime. Flying above the glaciers then landing on the glaciers and drinking glacial water. The pilot was very nice and offered to take pictures. Don't forget your camera. You will be able to capture such beautiful pictures.…
Date of experience: July 2019
To be honest, I was not expecting much. I was blown away though. Our Help pilot, Casey, was excellent. He took care of us and his flying was professional and smooth. We landed on a glacier and he stayed there with us and let us look around. We got to taste glacier water,…
Date of experience: August 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Coastal Helicopters
Must do this in Juneau. The helicopter ride was breathtaking and smooth - it was first helicopter ride for my whole…
This is a must do activity. You fly up the mountainside to the glacier field. You can see sheep and goats on the ru…
My wife and I took our first helicopter ride to Herbert glacier-what an amazing time! We were both in ahh of the am…
Exhilarating Dogsledding experience
Stunning landscape, from the helicopter, circling the mountains and glaciers, with the happiest dogsledding ride ev…
This was a a real treasure of a trip .
-Brilliant sunshine, warm and pristine whiteness all around, amazing view of the mountains, the only sound is of th…
Glacier visit with family
Had a great time and highly recommend. We had group of 10 people including 4 kids ( Ages 10,7,5,5). 2 helicopters a…
2 glacier landing
OMg this was the best trip. We did the pilots choice and landed on 2 glaciers and it was fantastic and on the day t…
One of My All-Time Favorite Things I've Done!
My husband and travel a lot and have done a lot of cool things, but this was one of the best. IT'S SOOOO BEAUTIFUL …
Awesome Helicopter Tour to the Herbert Glaicer
One of the best tours I've ever done. Coastal Helicopters were very Professional from beginning to end. We had a sl…
Breathtaking Ice Excursion
Having a great experience and maintaining safety is clearly evident. Morning fog cancelled our original trip and we…
Awesome excursion and highly recommend!
We booked an excursion directly with coastal helicopters ahead of our cruise stopping in Juneau. Glad we did that …
Helicoptor trip to the Herbert Glacier
My family traveled to Juneau together on a cruise ship and booked the helicoptor tour with Coastal. Most of my fami…
DO NOT BOOK WITH COASTAL: This company is a money machine without shame or ethical boundaries; indifferent to cust…
Great friendly staff, wonderful experience
We flew to the Morris Glacier and found it a wonderful morning. We got to see so much and the glacier was stunning…
Wow. It was an incredible experience, very well organized and shout out to our amazing pilot Jessie! She took TONS …
- Coastal Helicopters, Herbert Glacier, and 1 more
- Duration: 2h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Popular: Booked by 3,575 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Juneau Shore Excursion: Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk
How much is Juneau Shore Excursion: Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk?
Juneau Shore Excursion: Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk price starts from US$324.00. Discover and book Juneau Shore Excursion: Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk on Tripadvisor
What is the Juneau Shore Excursion: Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk cancellation policy?
Juneau Shore Excursion: Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Juneau Shore Excursion: Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Juneau Shore Excursion: Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk?
Juneau Shore Excursion: Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk is hosted by Coastal Helicopters. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Coastal Helicopters on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Juneau Shore Excursion: Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Juneau Shore Excursion: Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk?
On average, this experience will take approximately 2h 30m. Discover and book Juneau Shore Excursion: Helicopter Tour and Guided Icefield Walk on Tripadvisor