Support this operator
Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a thoughtful review or posting photos of your favourite tours and experiences. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road.
View all photos (33)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price Guarantee
This safari along the banks of the majestic Tempisque River and through Palo Verde National Park will give you the option to see exotic birds, incredible crocodiles, iguanas, mammals, wild monkeys and much more. Indulge in a fantastic, authentic typical Costa Rican lunch. An added extra, exclusive to Costa Rica Unique, enjoy a mini coffee tour and tasting, learn about indigenous Chorotegan culture and their amazing pottery techniques. Bring home your own real Costa Rican pottery!
You'll start at
La Gran Nicoya
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Palo Verde National ParkStop: 7 hours - Admission includedTotal Tour. In this floating river-safari you will have the chance to see wild animals up close in their own habitat! After a scenic drive, enjoy a two hour cruise on the Tempisque River, the nearest access to world famous Palo Verde National Park, home to hundreds of migrating and local water bird species. Among other creatures you might see…. -monkeys, - Iguanas, - Smaller Mammals on the river banks, - The mighty American crocodile, one of the largest in the world. After the safari, enjoy an authentic COSTA RICAN TYPICAL LUNCH, COOKED IN A WOOD FIRE KITCHEN!, True to Costa Rican Cuture! On our return, we make a short stop to learn about Chorotega indigenous pottery using the same techniques that were used by their Pre-Columbian ancestors. Finally we´ll stop at the “small coffee tour store”, where you´ll learn about coffee, it´s process, its importance to Costa Rica, get a free taste of the BEST coffee on the planet! and purchase some to take back home!Read more
You'll end at
La Gran Nicoya
Guardia, Provincia de Guanacaste, Guardia, Costa RicaThis is an important souvenir store with a big and safe parking lote where our clients can leave their cars
See address & details
La Gran Nicoya, Guardia, Provincia de Guanacaste, Guardia, Costa Rica
Returns to original departure point
- Authentic Costa Rican TYPICAL LUNCH, COOKED IN A WOOD FIRE KITCHEN!,
- One bottle of water person and a cooler with ice, our clients can bring extra drinks if the want. In fact our guides stop at a grocery store in the way.
- Entry/Admission - Palo Verde National Park
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
First thing is a special shout out to Harold and Iron Man (Jenner) who are absolutely the best .....went to Riu Celeste and on the Palo Verde National Park River Safari with Harold and Jenner as our guide and driver and let me say ask for them when booking because they make the…
Date of experience: March 2020
We booked the tour through Frank the Tank - who has been fundamental in making our holiday fantastic! We organised 3 tours through him, he was so helpful, patient and responsive. We Facebook messaged and Whatsapped him for info, he always responded promptly and was really kind…
4 of us thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Eddie was our main tour guide. Got to see iguanas, monkeys and crocs up close.
Had a great day, but some tour guides are better than others. We had Johnathon and he did provide some information but seemed more interested in his phone and eating ice cream that was bought for himself after money was provided by everyone on the tour for bananas and chicken.…
Excellent time and great culture tour. Our tour guides Eddy Rojas and Sidar Aldovez went above and beyond our expectations!! This is by far the highlight of our trip! Our 9 year old daughter loved every minute.
Date of experience: February 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Costa Rica Unique Transfers and Tours
A magical trip
We went as two couples and one toddler. My toddler daughter rode my shoulders except for the hanging bridges. This …
Costa Rica Unique Transfers and Tours
Our guide Eddie Rojas and driver Sedar Alvarez made this trip amazing. We loved them so much from our river cruise …
Amazing Excursions - Costa Rica 2020
Prior to our trip we arranged three excursions through Frank The-Tank CR. All three trips were outstanding! The fir…
Excellent Customer Service
We had an excellent time with Harold and Jenner this past week on our Volcano, blue river and Waterfall tour trip. …
Frank the Tank Tours
Booked all our tours through Frank the Tank who made everything so easy and stress free. He was always available to…
Snorkeling Fishing Water Combo
We just got back from a trip to Costa Rica where we spent half a day with Frank The Tanks boat tour. Bruno and Pab…
Rain forest and falls
Very beautiful, Jessica and Chris did a great job . The bus was nice to travel in, nice and cool. The rain forest w…
The Most Unique and Meaningful Excursion
We had the greatest experience with Costa Rica Unique. We went for a hike in the tropical rainforests, trekked acro…
Costa rica 2020
Amazing, would highly recommend. Ernesto was a great tour guide. Made sure we enjoyed the day and felt safe.
Amazing! Exceeded Expectations!! 🤙🏻🤙🏻
Jenner and Nolmar are absolutely amazing! They picked us up on time and joked around with us the entire ride! They …
Frank the Tank Combo Water and ATV tour!!!!
We saw a Humpback whale right in front of our boat. Amazing. This could be my entire review. Frank the Tank was …
Hanging Bridge Rain Forest Tour
WOW! From waterfalls ,to tasting local fruits and sauces,to hiking in the rainforest- watching sugar cane being ha…
Tour guide Eddie Rojas is the best!!!!
What a great experience overall. Frank the Tank booked it for us and he was so so so helpful right from the start w…
A lot of fun all in one day.
So much in one day. I loved the white water tubing the best. It was only my second time zip lining and this one was…
Floating & rainforest safari - Read this before you book
This day out was booked 9 months in advance, for my 60th birthday. I hadn’t realised that we had booked a private t…
- Duration: 6–7 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241