Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
We are Aventuras Arenal, a Costa Rican family company focused on giving our traveling friends a supreme “Pura Vida” experience at the Arenal Volcano Area. We’ve being creating and giving our clients lots of great memories through our tours for the past 26 years. At Aventuras Arenal we believe that trough tourism we can promote tolerance, sensitivity and awareness of the importance of protecting the natural resources, culture and environment in general.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Arenal 1968 TrailStop: 4 hours - Admission includedBefore the active period of 1968, a lavish canopy of vegetation covered the Arenal Volcano. People that climbed Arenal’ s summit related that inside the crater there were big trees and at night, they slept in places where there was some heat due to small steam outlets. Enjoy the most extraordinary view of the Arenal Volcano on a hike along the base and flanks of this giant on the Arenal 1968 park. For this tour we have choose one of the park’s most extraordinary trails to the 1968 lava flows: the remaining memory of the 20th century first eruption and some other areas now in the process of regeneration. We are going to be on this trail for about 2 ½ hours. The “Colada 68” trail will give you the best of the best hiking over lava flows in all the Arenal Volcano area, walk on rocky areas, feel the power and serenity of nature, enjoy amazing views of the Arenal Lake and the Monteverde mountains, plus an insight contact with the local flora and fauna and a great chance for some birdwatching and animal encounters.Read more
- Naturalistic Guide
- Bottle Water
- Park Entrance Fee
- Entry/Admission - Arenal 1968 Trail
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Our guide's name was Mai and she was so knowledgeable of everything and made sure we learned a bit about everything. She made frequent stops to explain the history and give people their time to rest. She was so sweet and genuine and her English was really good. Any questions we…
Date of experience: March 2020
Staff was nice and helpful. View from the endpoint was not as good as the view from the platform( first stop on the trail). Concession area will be really nice when it’s finished. It’s a nice work in progress. Carved bathroom doors were awesome. The sign on the trail ( I think…
Date of experience: October 2019
Response from Aventurasarenal1, Propietario at Arenal Volcano Hike 1968 Trail
Responded 7 Nov 2019
Dear Andrew H, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at Arenal 1968 trails.We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, We’re sorry to hear that the view did not live up to your expectations, and we truly appreciate your honest feedback. We are looking forward to welcome you again to show you all updates of the 1968 Arenal Volcano hike.
We booked the tour through a third party as a seat in, so I assume it's the regular Hiking the Volcano tour. The hike itself lastet max. 2 hours. According to the description on the website it is supposed to last 4 hours! At the end of the hike our guide left us with another…
Date of experience: April 2019
1 Helpful vote
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Aventuras Arenal
Fun Day and Good Boat Tour
We were promptly picked up at our hotel. Our guide was Carlos and he did an excellent job. We had about a two hou…
This trip was excellent. Our driver picked up up at our hotel on time in a mini van with one other couple who were…
Boat tour for birding
This is a well organised tour, you do have a 2 hour drive to get here but it is worth it. For us an added bonus was…
Great guides, wildlife, and company.
We were supposed to go to Rio Celeste or see the blue water at the waterfall but on our way our guide, Julio, recei…
Great day on the river -
With so much to choose from, we were happy we went on the river criuse. Hosts were great, funny, informative abo…
Menagerie of Animals
Couldn’t be more pleased with our trip to Cano Negro. Carlos, our guide, was so knowledgeable and fun to be with. T…
Wonderful hike with spectacular views and wildlife
Our guide Daniel from Aventuras Arenal picked us up on time and drove us to the boat landing on the far side of the…
Excellent experience at Cano Negro
We booked our tour about a day in advance. We were picked up from our hotel by a van with our guide at 7:15. There …
Was an amazing trip and our guide Carlos was excellent. He was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. We saw lots o…
We booked a combination that included La Fortuna waterfall, Mistico Park Hanging Bridges and the Tabacon Hot Spring…
Excellent trip on the Rio Frio
Trip on the river up to the Nicuraguan border was excellent. Lots of birds and caimens and lizards. Monkeys in the …
We took this trip with Carlos as our guide. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. On the journey up to the Rio he…
Wonderful trip, wonderful guide
Had a brilliant trip up the Rio Frio with our guide, Gabriel. He was knowledgeable and a great communicator. We saw…
Amazing variety of birds
Billy was our guide. He brought a spotting scope and took photos with our smartphones looking through the eyepiece.…
We were picked up at our hotel in a comfortable bus and driven to Cano Negro. We stopped along the way for another…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 165 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 2,257 travellers!
Nature and Wildlife
Popular: Booked by 2,402 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Arenal Volcano Hike 1968 Trail
How much is Arenal Volcano Hike 1968 Trail?
Arenal Volcano Hike 1968 Trail price starts from €56.47. Discover and book Arenal Volcano Hike 1968 Trail on Tripadvisor
What is the Arenal Volcano Hike 1968 Trail cancellation policy?
Arenal Volcano Hike 1968 Trail cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Arenal Volcano Hike 1968 Trail on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Arenal Volcano Hike 1968 Trail?
Arenal Volcano Hike 1968 Trail is hosted by Aventuras Arenal. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Aventuras Arenal on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Arenal Volcano Hike 1968 Trail on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Arenal Volcano Hike 1968 Trail?
On average, this experience will take approximately 4h. Discover and book Arenal Volcano Hike 1968 Trail on Tripadvisor