Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price Guarantee
Guaranteed observation of sloths, one of the most emblematic animals of Costa Rica. ................
- You'll start atLa Fortuna de San CarlosOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Arenal VolcanoStop: 3 hours - Admission includedThe sloth is one of the most emblematic animals of Costa Rican fauna. These small and friendly creatures are sweet, beautiful, and always appear happy, with an eternal smile painted on their faces. We would love for you to join us for a short hike through the secondary rainforest to try to locate them. This trail is only 2 km. (1.25 miles) and is designed with the entire family in mind. It is very common to spot these small mammals hiding among the vegetation. But our expert guides know all their secrets and tricks! We will also learn interesting facts about some of the fabulous plants we spot along the way. Due to its location and type of flora, this trail is also heavily populated with birds. To complement a morning or afternoon full of wildlife, we will be able to appreciate many species of birds in the area. Recommended only for sloth and bird lovers! Bring your camera charged and ready to go.Read more
- You'll end atLa Fortuna de San CarlosSee Important Information for details
La Fortuna de San Carlos, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Province of Alajuela
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Arenal Volcano
- Alcoholic drinks
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A maximum of 2 people per booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
My family and I just did this tour with our super guide Jaido and driver Alberto. It exceeded all our expectations and was really marvelous. Jaido knew so, so much and answered all my questions (of which there many!)--and was able to keep my 15-year old son and 12-year old…
Date of experience: August 2019
We did the "sloths and birds" tour with Jacamar, and our guide was excellent. It was just my husband and I with our guide, and he had an amazing ability to spot things that we would never see. We also learned a lot about the local birds and wildlife. He took great pictures and…
Date of experience: July 2019
Great way to see the sloths and a ton of other animals. Our incredibly knowledgeable guide, Ronald, had introduced us to sloths even before arriving at the park (they are all over the place). Once inside we saw more sloths, birds, insects and frogs than we would have expected.…
Date of experience: March 2019
1 Helpful vote
Our family took an afternoon sloth and bird watching tour in La Fortuna. Our guide Allan and driver picked us up at Tabacon Resort and took us to the nature reserve about 30 minutes away. Allan was an exceptional guide with extensive knowledge of regional flora and fauna as…
Date of experience: December 2018
If you want to be guaranteed to see a sloth you need to take this tour. It is just outside of town and very close to our hotel. The walk is on flat ground and very easy. We saw 8 sloths, several blue jean frogs and the elusive green poison dart frog. We saw lots of other stuff…
Date of experience: May 2018
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Jacamar Naturalist Tours
Was so amazing!!
We had such a wonderful time ziplining and horseback riding. Adrian accompanied us with the horseback riding and wa…
Day Tour w/ Mistico, La Fortuna and Lunch
We had a great day with Jacamar Naturalist Tours. They were a bit late picking us up at our hotel in the morning …
Refusing to give me a Refund
I ended up not using their service as I found a more affordable option. Was promised a refund and didn't hear anyth…
Beautiful Costa Rican nature experience, excellent beaches and animal experience
We had a private driver take us to Manuel Antonio National Park. Aside from the extreme heat that day it was a love…
Excellent White Water Rafting Tour
Went on this rafting tour on March 10, 2020. Our rafting guide was Allison, who is one of only three female rafting…
FIRST TIME; GREAT TIME!!!
Neither my wife nor I had zip lined before this. What a great first experience! Marvin picked us up at the La Fort…
Canon Negro by boat Jacamer
Fabulous nature tour on Rio Frio by Jose into lagoon full of beautiful and rare birds...excellent information on sp…
Great experience! Highly recommend
We did a tour of the hanging bridges with Erica and it was incredible! While you can go to see the bridges without …
What a wonderful experience that was guided by a very knowledgeable and personable guide named Jason. His passion, …
Tour with Elvis - He was the King
Took this tour on March 6, 2020 with our tour guide named Elvis. He was really knowledgeable and personable. His br…
Good Value Canopy Tour
My family did the canopy tour on 3/4/2020. Our family consists of my husband and I (mid-30s) and a 7 year old and…
Jacamar is an excellent choice for private Transfer!
We used Jacamar throughout our trip to get around Costa Rica. From San Jose to La Fortuna, Monteverde to Manuel Ant…
My wife and I really enjoyed this tour. Diego was incredibly knowledgeable and had an unbelievable ability to spot …
Great peaceful introduction to Costa Rican wildlife
The good: Great guides, close up to nature, lovely family with snack at end. Saw bats, many birds (including some r…
great coffee tour with our children
This was such a great experience. Our driver Christian brought us directly here after a great white water rafting …
- Duration: 1–2 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 392 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 2,257 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 269 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Slothies and Birds
How much is Slothies and Birds?
Slothies and Birds price starts from €48.21. Discover and book Slothies and Birds on Tripadvisor
What is the Slothies and Birds cancellation policy?
Slothies and Birds cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Slothies and Birds on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Slothies and Birds?
Slothies and Birds is hosted by Jacamar Naturalist Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Jacamar Naturalist Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Slothies and Birds on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Slothies and Birds?
On average, this experience will take approximately 1h. Discover and book Slothies and Birds on Tripadvisor