Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Costa Rica to Nicaragua multi-day tour, travel with us from La Fortuna (Costa Rica) to your lodge at the Rio San Juan (Nicaragua). Your getaway to the San Juan river, enjoy the peace and tranquility of this place! First you travel from La Fortuna to Las Tablillas, border crossing with Nicaragua, by air-conditioned transportation, this is a shared transfer. After border formalities you continue by air-conditioned transportation to San Carlos (Nicaragua). In San Carlos your journey continues by public boat to the village of El Castillo. From El Castillo another boat waits for you to bring you to your lodge in about 20 minutes. Here you stay two nights and afterwards you return to La Fortuna.
- Roundtrip shared transfer (La Fortuna - San Carlos and viceversa)
- Border assistance Nicaraguan side of the border
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Visit El Castillo
- Shared boat transportation San Carlos - El Castillo and viceversa
- Boat transportation El Castillo - Lodge and viceversa
- Lunch (first and last day)
- 2 nights accommodation
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- The listed price does not include a US$8 per person Costa Rica departure tax, payable at the time of tour check-in. The departure tax is required by our local supplier and/or the local transit or governing authority and is not within our control. The entrance/exit fees in Nicaragua are US$14 per person.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide (from La Fortuna to San Carlos)
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel (passport need to be valid for at least 6 months prior to the date of entry into Costa Rica/Nicaragua)
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Agua Trails Crossing Border Tours
Last December I went from La Fortuna to Granada with Agua Trails, it was supposed to be a shared transportation, bu…
Expat Border/Visa Run From La Fortuna to Nicaragua and back in one day.
After two people in La Fortuna recommended Agua Trails/Polle to me, I made contact with him for a Nicaragua border…
Excellent transfer from La Fortuna (Costa Rica) to Granada (Nicaragua)
This was a superb private transfer from La Fortuna to Granada and very fairly priced. Both Polle for the Costa Ri…
Aquatrails transfer to Nicaragua
We were 3 friends on a 20 day trip, starting from Panama, where we spent 6 days and then Costa Rica for 8-9 days. A…
I did not end up using Agua Trails for a trip over to the Solentiname Islands from La Fortuna (simply because we di…
Great border crossing help
Everything went very smoothly on the way up and back! Having Marjiory was definitely helpful as she knew everyone w…
Great flight into Ometepe!
I absolutely recommend getting the flight into Ometepe from San Carlos. With the help of Polle at Agua Trails, and …
Excellent shuttle service!
We were very late in discovering Agua Trails for our shuttle from San Carlos - La Fortuna, so we contacted them onl…
I'm very impressed by Agua Trail's professionalism. I originally contacted them because I was trying to go in reve…
Perfect shuttle service and great guiding!
We used Agua Trails for a transfer from Arenal to Sabalos. Everything went fine. Highly recommended. Personal servi…
Well worth it
My friend and I had some spare time in La Fortuna so we decided at the last minute to book this tour. We didn't rea…
San Carlos de Nicaragua one day trip
Excellent one day trip starting from La Fortuna all the way to San Carlos de Nicaragua, we had a great time, excell…
Border crossing Nica-Costa Rica
Polle did a great job in answering all our questions and arranged for a perfect pick up at the border into Costa Ri…
Transfer La Fortuna to Isla de Ometepe (shuttle & flight)
Polle and his team at Aguatrails did a great job of organising our one-way transfer from La Fortuna in Costa Rica t…
Very wel organized, easy border transfer
We mainly traveled by public transport through Costa Rica and Nicaragua. But, for passing the border we used the se…
- Duration: 3 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 2,257 travellers!
Nature and Wildlife
Popular: Booked by 2,402 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Multi-day tour Indio Maiz Jungle Experience - 2 nights
What time does Multi-day tour Indio Maiz Jungle Experience - 2 nights start?
Multi-day tour Indio Maiz Jungle Experience - 2 nights will start at 7:30 AM. Discover and book Multi-day tour Indio Maiz Jungle Experience - 2 nights on Tripadvisor
How much is Multi-day tour Indio Maiz Jungle Experience - 2 nights?
Multi-day tour Indio Maiz Jungle Experience - 2 nights price starts from €377.56. Discover and book Multi-day tour Indio Maiz Jungle Experience - 2 nights on Tripadvisor
What is the Multi-day tour Indio Maiz Jungle Experience - 2 nights cancellation policy?
Multi-day tour Indio Maiz Jungle Experience - 2 nights cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Discover and book Multi-day tour Indio Maiz Jungle Experience - 2 nights on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Multi-day tour Indio Maiz Jungle Experience - 2 nights?
Multi-day tour Indio Maiz Jungle Experience - 2 nights is hosted by Agua Trails Crossing Border Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Agua Trails Crossing Border Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Multi-day tour Indio Maiz Jungle Experience - 2 nights on Tripadvisor