Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
One-way shared shuttle from La Fortuna in Costa Rica to San Juan de Nicaragua in Nicaragua. The service includes ground transportation to San Carlos (Nicaragua), border assistance at the Nicaraguan side of the border, short city walk in San Carlos and flight from San Carlos to San Juan de Nicaragua. You arrive in San Juan de Nicaragua at 1:25pm. The shuttle service doesn't include customs fees (exit taxes Costa Rica and entry taxes Nicaragua).
- Hotel pickup
- Local guide
- One-way shared transfer (La Fortuna - San Carlos)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Border assistance at the Nicaraguan side of the border
- City walk
- Flight San Carlos - San Juan de Nicaragua
- Food and drinks
- Excess luggage charges (where applicable)
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel drop-off
- The listed price does not include a U$9 per person Costa Rica departure tax, payable at the time of tour check-in. The departure tax is required by our local supplier and/or the local transit or governing authority and is not within our control. The entrance tax to Nicaragua U$12 per person neither is included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide (from La Fortuna to San Carlos)
- Children under 4 years old travel for free, while they are accompanied by two adults
- Bear in mind that during the holiday season there is a greater influx of visitors crossing the border
- 13% Value Added Tax (IVA) is not included in our rate and is not applicable until further notice of Costa Rican state
- A minimum of 02 people per booking is required
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Each traveler is allowed a maximum of 1 suitcase (30 lbs./13.6 kgs) and up to 45 linear inches/114 cm. (lenght + height + width) and 1 carry-on bag (a lady´s handbag or purse, a reasonable amount of reading material for the flight, a small camera and/or a pair of binoculars, a laptop computer). Excess baggage will be charged at US$1.20 per pound and will be considered standby bags. Oversized or excessive luggage (e.g. surfboards, golf clubs or bikes) may have certain restrictions, please inquire with the operator prior to travel to confirm if your excess luggage is acceptable
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Passport need to be valid for at least 6 months prior to the date of entry into Costa Rica/Nicaragua
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Agua Trails Crossing Border Tours
Last December I went from La Fortuna to Granada with Agua Trails, it was supposed to be a shared transportation, bu…
Expat Border/Visa Run From La Fortuna to Nicaragua and back in one day.
After two people in La Fortuna recommended Agua Trails/Polle to me, I made contact with him for a Nicaragua border…
Excellent transfer from La Fortuna (Costa Rica) to Granada (Nicaragua)
This was a superb private transfer from La Fortuna to Granada and very fairly priced. Both Polle for the Costa Ri…
Aquatrails transfer to Nicaragua
We were 3 friends on a 20 day trip, starting from Panama, where we spent 6 days and then Costa Rica for 8-9 days. A…
I did not end up using Agua Trails for a trip over to the Solentiname Islands from La Fortuna (simply because we di…
Great border crossing help
Everything went very smoothly on the way up and back! Having Marjiory was definitely helpful as she knew everyone w…
Great flight into Ometepe!
I absolutely recommend getting the flight into Ometepe from San Carlos. With the help of Polle at Agua Trails, and …
Excellent shuttle service!
We were very late in discovering Agua Trails for our shuttle from San Carlos - La Fortuna, so we contacted them onl…
I'm very impressed by Agua Trail's professionalism. I originally contacted them because I was trying to go in reve…
Perfect shuttle service and great guiding!
We used Agua Trails for a transfer from Arenal to Sabalos. Everything went fine. Highly recommended. Personal servi…
Well worth it
My friend and I had some spare time in La Fortuna so we decided at the last minute to book this tour. We didn't rea…
San Carlos de Nicaragua one day trip
Excellent one day trip starting from La Fortuna all the way to San Carlos de Nicaragua, we had a great time, excell…
Border crossing Nica-Costa Rica
Polle did a great job in answering all our questions and arranged for a perfect pick up at the border into Costa Ri…
Transfer La Fortuna to Isla de Ometepe (shuttle & flight)
Polle and his team at Aguatrails did a great job of organising our one-way transfer from La Fortuna in Costa Rica t…
Very wel organized, easy border transfer
We mainly traveled by public transport through Costa Rica and Nicaragua. But, for passing the border we used the se…
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 2,015 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about One-Way Shared Transportation from La Fortuna to San Juan de Nicaragua
What time does One-Way Shared Transportation from La Fortuna to San Juan de Nicaragua start?
One-Way Shared Transportation from La Fortuna to San Juan de Nicaragua will start at 7:30 AM. Discover and book One-Way Shared Transportation from La Fortuna to San Juan de Nicaragua on Tripadvisor
How much is One-Way Shared Transportation from La Fortuna to San Juan de Nicaragua?
One-Way Shared Transportation from La Fortuna to San Juan de Nicaragua price starts from €112.38. Discover and book One-Way Shared Transportation from La Fortuna to San Juan de Nicaragua on Tripadvisor
What is the One-Way Shared Transportation from La Fortuna to San Juan de Nicaragua cancellation policy?
One-Way Shared Transportation from La Fortuna to San Juan de Nicaragua cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book One-Way Shared Transportation from La Fortuna to San Juan de Nicaragua on Tripadvisor
Which company provides One-Way Shared Transportation from La Fortuna to San Juan de Nicaragua?
One-Way Shared Transportation from La Fortuna to San Juan de Nicaragua is hosted by Agua Trails Crossing Border Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Agua Trails Crossing Border Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book One-Way Shared Transportation from La Fortuna to San Juan de Nicaragua on Tripadvisor