Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- Pass byArenal Volcano
- 1Arenal 1968 TrailStop: 5 hours - Admission includedYou'll trek through different scenarios like open lands, lagoon shore, and of course lava mountain trails where being in good physical condition is necessary to fully enjoy the variable vegetation where we’ll have the chance to meet the local fauna. You will also found an incredible viewpoint close to the volcano where you’ll find yourself stepping on ancient lava flows turned into stone and views of the Arenal Lake and the landscape around as no other spot in the area. The guide will do his best to give you catching and interesting information about the place, the hiding fauna among the trees and bushes and of course about the Arenal Volcano.Read more
- Transportation, Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
- Bottle water
- Entrance fee
- Walking sticks provided
- Box lunch
- Entry/Admission - Arenal 1968 Trail
- Personal expenses
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 8 years and under
- Pick-up service and return to the hotel.
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Infants are not allowed
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Isaac was a really knowledgeable and fun guide. He organized everything really well. Our family and friends all enjoyed the tour. Definitely recommend Isaac and the tour company.
Response from aventurasarenal, Propietario at Arenal 1968 Park Trekking Tour
Responded 16 Jan 2019
Dear Romane! Thank you for recommending us , We are looking forward to welcome you back. We are about to open a few other tours like the Hike to the Bosque Eterno de los Niños where you can experience a hike trought the rainforest that will take you to a Lake, Waterfall and fumalrolas.
We used Adventuras Arenal for all of our tours in Arenal. We had a great experience with them. This was the first one we did with them. They picked us up on time and when we arrived, they gave us each a cold bottle of water for the hike. The guide was excellent, friendly and…
Date of experience: February 2018
Response from AventurasArenal, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Arenal 1968 Park Trekking Tour
Responded 20 Mar 2018
Hello! It's a pleasure to know that you like our tour and enjoyed with the guides. We hope, that you back to Costa Rica very soon. Best regards. :)
We did this trail with a guide called Felix, and he is incredible! He has such a passion for what he does, and he is so good at explaining and describing the magic of nature that was all around us, how it interacts and evolves! The trail is beautiful and the walk is really worth…
Date of experience: December 2017
Response from AventurasArenal, Public Relations Manager at Arenal 1968 Park Trekking Tour
Responded 16 Jan 2018
Dear Traveller. Thanks you! Your review is very important for us, because we work to give our best. We are glad you enjoyed our tours. We hope to see you soon. Pura Vida :)
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Aventuras Arenal
Fun Day and Good Boat Tour
We were promptly picked up at our hotel. Our guide was Carlos and he did an excellent job. We had about a two hou…
Beautiful with great guide
Our guide's name was Mai and she was so knowledgeable of everything and made sure we learned a bit about everything…
This trip was excellent. Our driver picked up up at our hotel on time in a mini van with one other couple who were…
Boat tour for birding
This is a well organised tour, you do have a 2 hour drive to get here but it is worth it. For us an added bonus was…
Great guides, wildlife, and company.
We were supposed to go to Rio Celeste or see the blue water at the waterfall but on our way our guide, Julio, recei…
Great day on the river -
With so much to choose from, we were happy we went on the river criuse. Hosts were great, funny, informative abo…
Menagerie of Animals
Couldn’t be more pleased with our trip to Cano Negro. Carlos, our guide, was so knowledgeable and fun to be with. T…
Wonderful hike with spectacular views and wildlife
Our guide Daniel from Aventuras Arenal picked us up on time and drove us to the boat landing on the far side of the…
Excellent experience at Cano Negro
We booked our tour about a day in advance. We were picked up from our hotel by a van with our guide at 7:15. There …
Was an amazing trip and our guide Carlos was excellent. He was very knowledgeable and enthusiastic. We saw lots o…
We booked a combination that included La Fortuna waterfall, Mistico Park Hanging Bridges and the Tabacon Hot Spring…
Staff was nice and helpful. View from the endpoint was not as good as the view from the platform( first stop on th…
Excellent trip on the Rio Frio
Trip on the river up to the Nicuraguan border was excellent. Lots of birds and caimens and lizards. Monkeys in the …
We took this trip with Carlos as our guide. He was very knowledgeable and friendly. On the journey up to the Rio he…
Wonderful trip, wonderful guide
Had a brilliant trip up the Rio Frio with our guide, Gabriel. He was knowledgeable and a great communicator. We saw…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 165 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 269 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Arenal 1968 Park Trekking Tour
What time does Arenal 1968 Park Trekking Tour start?
Arenal 1968 Park Trekking Tour will start at 7:00 AM. Discover and book Arenal 1968 Park Trekking Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Arenal 1968 Park Trekking Tour?
Arenal 1968 Park Trekking Tour price starts from €83.43. Discover and book Arenal 1968 Park Trekking Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Arenal 1968 Park Trekking Tour cancellation policy?
Arenal 1968 Park Trekking Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Arenal 1968 Park Trekking Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Arenal 1968 Park Trekking Tour?
Arenal 1968 Park Trekking Tour is hosted by Aventuras Arenal. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Aventuras Arenal on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Arenal 1968 Park Trekking Tour on Tripadvisor