View all photos (7)
This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Accompanied by a professional guide, you will get acquainted with the traditions of the old Russian national holiday - Maslenitsa. In the very center of Moscow, on Red Square and along Tverskaya Street, you will see how farewell to winter occurred in Russia and meeting with spring.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Moscow State Exhibition Hall ‘New Manege’Stop: 5 hours - Admission includedYour will start your tour of the holiday festivities at the Manege Square, where the guide will plunge you into about the history of the most cheerful holiday of Maslenitsa, its traditions. You will learn the history of the national costume, traditions and life of the peoples of different regions of Russia. You’ll have the opportunity to take part in an open-air festive performance with buffoon, carnival dances, traditional games and fun. Then, accompanied by a guide, you will reach the most famous attraction of Moscow - Red Square. Here you will enjoy the beauty of the Kremlin fortress, the monument-tomb "Lenin's Mausoleum", GUM and take great photos in front of St. Basil's Cathedral. Then you will pass to the next festive venue - Revolution Square. Here you will plunge into the atmosphere of the 19th century Shrovetide festivities, ride the merry-go-rounds and swings, take dancing lessons and learn the secrets of making fancy dresses. The next point of the tour will be the central street of Moscow - Tverskaya Street. On it you will come to Tverskoy Boulevard. Along the way, the guide will show you the iconic buildings of the capital, luxurious buildings of the 17-18 centuries, the best examples of the architecture of the Stalin era. You will learn how to move houses together with residents to expand the street in Soviet times, hear what lies behind the majestic Stalinist buildings. Once on Tverskaya Square, you will hear about the traditions of Moscow's Maslenitsa, learn how Russian pancakes are cooked and with what they eat it. On the square you can take bright memorable photos with traditional Maslenitsa symbols: painted sleigh, Maslenitsa pillars. Then you will reach Tverskoy Boulevard, where you will learn how the spring was being touted in Russia. You will enjoy funny songs, learn about the traditional toys of Russia. Here, on Tverskoy Boulevard, your excursion will be over. Then you can continue discovering the traditions of the national holiday Maslenitsa and the center of Moscow on your own.Read more
- Learn the traditions of the beloved Russian people holiday
- Take part in the most fun and hearty holiday
- Get the most vivid emotions from Russian traditions
- Take a walk with an individual tour of the very center of Moscow
- Make bright photos on the background of a festively decorated city
- Entry/Admission - Moscow State Exhibition Hall ‘New Manege’
- Accompanying guide after the tour to the hotel in Moscow by car (for an additional fee)
- Accompanying guide after the tour to the hotel in Moscow by public transport (for an additional fee)
- Food and Drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
We took a cruise with dinner and music. A little disappointing. The boat is small and simple. Poor food, in minima…
My wedding on the ship
I finally got married! This time I can say that everything went great. All this happened on board a small, cozy sh…
It was very hectic and disorganized check-in, was different ship was changed in last minute to the older vessel a…
Wonderful trip with the excellent guide Olyesa
We had a wonderful day in Irkutsk, discovering this interesting city with a wonderful guide: Olyesa. Don’t miss the…
Gorgeous and spectacular mini river cruise Radisson
It was a good tour with many buildings and monuments lighted, however to find the start location was tough consider…
Moscow River Cruise
The tour was in Russian so unfortunately we weren’t able to understand any of the information about the sites we we…
Boat trip down the river
Not such a good trip, not organized, no waiting area, no commentary no one speaks english, so it was a round on a b…
Boat trip on moscova
Unfortunately it was raining when we did our trip. In the end it wasn't exactly the right boat or in fact the right…
AVOID! Disgusting, absolute rip-off. Zero stars if I could.
We booked the Matryoshka workshop with a private guide tour with this company through Viator. The tour was complete…
Disgraceful- if I could leave a zero I would
We booked our tour online. It was advertised as a river tour with English audio guide. I am so disappointed with th…
Was invited to surfparty on the boat - Great time!
Nice boat. The staff was attentive and the food was great! And Moscow is Absolutly beautiful! Had great time wit…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241