View all photos (13)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Make the journey just as impressive as the destination during a 4-day trip to Machu Picchu from Cusco. Suitable for travelers of a moderate fitness level, this action-packed tour features a moderately difficult hike, mountain biking, and the option to upgrade to include white-water rafting and ziplining, making it ideal for thrill seekers.
Cuzco to Malaga High Pass,...
Trek to Santa Teresa Village...
Trek to Aguas Calientes (B/L/D)
Explore Machu Picchu & Return to...
- See natural landscapes that most visitors miss on an action-packed tour
- A guide takes care of all accommodation and transfers so you don't have to
- Customize your itinerary to include additional activities
- A good level of fitness is required for this trek
- Pre-departure briefing
- Cuzco Accommodation Pick-Up
- Van Cuzco - Malaga High Pass
- Round Trip Tourist Bus Aguas Calientes - Machu Picchu
- Tourist Train Aguas Calientes - Ollantaytambo
- Bus Ollantaytambo - Cuzco
- Professional Bilingual Guide on trek & Machu Picchu tour
- 2 nights Basic Guesthouse Accommodation (Santa Maria & Santa Teresa)
- 1-night 3* Hotel Accommodation in Aguas Calientes
- Meals: 3B/3L/3D/3 snacks with typical menus in local restaurants
- Mountain Biking Equipment (bicycles, helmet and gloves)
- First Aid Kit & Emergency oxygen bottle
- Entry/Admission - Machu Picchu
- Day 1 breakfast and day 4 lunch
- Bottled water
- Guide for bus and train transfers (these portions are on your own)
- Optional Rafting Trip and Canopy Zip-Line
- Hot Springs Santa Teresa (20 soles)
- Optional train transfer from hydroelectric station to Aguas Calientes (28 USD)
- Optional Huayna Picchu Trek (at an extra cost) must be booked at least 2 weeks in advance
- Optional Machu Picchu Mountain Hike (at an extra cost) must be booked at least 1 week in advance
- Cuzco Accommodation Drop-off
- Accommodation in Cuzco
- Tips (Please remember that tipping is 100% optional and depends entirely on the service you received. It is customary to give tips in Latin America, however it is NOT mandatory. If you do wish to give a tip, these are our recommended guidelines.) Guides: 40-60 soles per guide per trekker
- Note: In 2017, the Peruvian government may require a trekking permit for the Machu Picchu Jungle Trek. If this is approved, the rates will be around: 133 Soles ($USD 41) Adult and 67 Soles ($USD 22) Student
- Note: Prices for optional activities are subject to change at any time without prior notice. Please confirm these prices before departing on the trek.
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Minimum age is 7 years
- SUGGESTED PACKING LIST: Bring or Rent in Cuzco: hiking poles, rain pants, rain poncho, trekking boots, sandals, warm socks, sweater, thermals, hat, gloves, sun hat, sun block, sun glasses, flashlight/torch, camera, extra batteries and memory card (there is limited to no electricity available during the trek), waterproof bags for your camera, hand sanitizer, personal first aid kit, water bottle. Bring extra cash for snacks, water, gatorade which doubles or triples in price along the trail. Bathing suit for hot springs in Santa Teresa Village (this activity is available at an additional price).
- All travellers are required to visit the Cuzco office one day prior to departure for a mandatory briefing on your trek. At this meeting you will receive detailed information on the route, a list of what to bring, confirm your accommodation pick-up for the morning of the trek and be able to ask questions.
- PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: This is a moderately difficult hike, with a few long hiking days combined with multi-sport activities such as mountain biking, river rafting, and/or zip lining. We recommend you to be physically fit for the trip.
- ACCOMMODATION: Single travelers will share a room with another traveler & Couples will have a private room.
- Note: Accommodation options are very limited along the trekking route for the first 2 nights in Santa Maria & Santa Teresa villages. Most places have very basic, rustic facilities, rooms often share a bathroom and sometimes do not have hot water. However, we always choose the best available option
- Monday, Wednesday & Saturday (Daily departures with a group of 4 or more)
- Important: You must provide the following information upon booking: Full name (exactly as it appears on the passport), Date of Birth, Nationality, Passport Number, Date of Passport Expiry - Must be valid for at least 6 months past the date of travel. Without this information, the local tour operator will be unable to make the booking. Please be aware that your complete and correct passport information must be provided. Absolutely no modifications can be made once your booking has been confirmed. Any changes or discrepancies in the information provided will result in a complete loss of permits and entrance tickets, for which you will be held responsible and will need to pay for again
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- You will have a guide during the trek and on the Machu Picchu tour. However, during your bus and train transfers you will not be accompanied by a guide.
- If desired, an extra night in Aguas Calientes town can be arranged. (Please let us know whether you would like to stay an extra night when booking your tour.)
- Brief History of Machu Picchu & Advice: Machu Picchu was (relatively recently) "discovered" by American historian, Hiram Bingham, in 1911 while searching for the legendary "lost city of the Incas". Hiram Bingham and his local guides stumbled across the site which was then covered in thick vegetation which was later cleared revealing the magical mountain-top archaeological site and opening up the possibility for archaeologists to conduct research on the site by 1915. Whether arriving via Inca Trail or entering from Aguas Calientes don't miss the excellent photo opportunities from the following spots: Hut of the Caretaker of the Funerary Rock (a restored building with a thatched roof), Sacred Plaza with views of the Cordillera Vilcabamba in the distance and Rio Urubamba below. Take a short walk out to the Inca Drawbridge (30 minutes) and Inti Punku (45 - 60 minutes) for great views of the site as dawn breaks and the clouds lift over Machu Picchu.
- DON'T FORGET THE ESSENTIALS: Original passport, visa (if applicable), insurance card, personal medications.
- Travellers who booked their trip using one passport, then renewed or replaced it afterward, must carry the old passport they used to make the booking or a photocopy with them on the trip.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
great guide, fed on the way, hike, bike, lots of walking, lots of uphill and some downhill, ziplining, white water rafting. highly recommended for those who are adventurous
Date of experience: May 2019
Response from Happiness T, Gerente at 4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco
Responded 27 Jun 2019
Hey there, Thanks for leaving your review! It's great to hear you had such a fun experience and we really hope you'll travel with us again. Cheers, Conci Happiness Delivery Agent
I did the Inca Jungle with Bamba and our guide was Chino who did great job with a lot of activities in this 4 days of full adventure he was very informative and patient with the group wich help us a lot. He was passionate for his job, the organization of the activities was…
Date of experience: January 2019
1 Helpful vote
The jungle tour was a great way for me and my boyfriend to experience Machu Picchu. We like hiking at home in Scotland but also a mix of activities. This was the perfect trip for us. The mountain biking was exhilarating, different to what I expected. The zip lining was really…
Had an amazing jungle trek to machu picchu. Our guide cesar was very knowledgeable and was great fun. The trek took us on many activities which all ran smoothly and offered opportunities to try new things alongside the rewarding treks!
Just finished the trek. It was a fantastic few days. The biking, rafting and zip-lining was excellent. Not a huge fan fan of hiking but that was enjoyable. Our guide JC was brilliant, very friendly and knowledgeable. The food and accomadation was very good throughout. I'd…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
4-Day Inca Quarry Trek to Machu Picchu
Junior was an absolutely brilliant and helpful guide -very knowledgeable and his organisational skills excellent. H…
AMAZING TREK AND TOUR COMPANY FOR MACHU PICCHU EXPERIENCE
We did the 4 day trek to Machu Picchu. We had arranged to do the classic Inka Trail but this was unfortunately clos…
Trekking w/ Diego
I did a 4 day / 3 night trek with Bamba. The Inca Trail was washed out because of rain so they offered me an altern…
Junior was an excellent guide!
The food was OUTSTANDING! The porters were very helpful. Junior was excellent and the views were phenomenal!
Great hike through the highlands and a day at Machu Picchu at the end
We had a great hike with Bamba, led by Junior with superb cooking by Jorge. Made for an excellent experience after …
Macchu Picchu with guide, Willy.
Our 2D/1N was hastily reorganised at the last minute due to a rock fall on the Inca Trail. Bamba Experience substit…
Well organised private tour
We organised this trip with Bamba through a third party and received very straight forward instruction. On the day …
Well organized tour of the beautiful Rainbow Mountain
My fiancée and I had been wanting to do this trek since our last visit to Peru in 2018. We had a previous good expe…
Unforgettable Experience- thank you!
Bombas booked us on the Lares trek due to poor conditions on the Inca Trail (the trail closed to the entire public)…
Amazing experience - Lovely people!!
My boyfriend and I booked this knowing that it was going to be a group of probably 10 others. We were picked up fro…
Excellent tour guide CHINO
We did the inca trail with our amazing guide Vídal who was really professional so far in our trip to South America,…
One of the best experiences of my life
If you’re reading these reviews to help you decide whether or not to do this hike, stop thinking and book this with…
2D/1N Inca Trail with Willy
We had a fantastic experience hiking the last part of the Inca trail and visiting Machu Picchu with Willy. We had a…
4-day Inca Trail to Machu Picchu
My four day Inca Trail with Bamba was excellent. The views were exquisite, and our guide Diego was very knowledgabl…
Difficult Trek Completed with Amazing Help
Had an amazing experience through the Incan trail. At first I had some difficulties due to some lack of preparation…
- Ollantaytambo, Santa Teresa, Peru, and 2 more
- Duration: 4 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,226 travellers!
Nature and Wildlife
Popular: Booked by 351 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about 4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco
What time does 4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco start?
4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco will start at 6:00 AM. Discover and book 4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco on Tripadvisor
How much is 4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco?
4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco price starts from US$645.00. Discover and book 4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco on Tripadvisor
What is the 4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco cancellation policy?
4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book 4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco on Tripadvisor
Which company provides 4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco?
4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco is hosted by Bamba. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Bamba on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 4-Day Machu Picchu Biking and Hiking Tour from Cuzco on Tripadvisor