This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Great wall of Jiankou-The Great Wall Alternative, Beijing China
1. Pick-up from the lobby of your centrally located hotel in Beijing at designated pick-up time. You tour guide will meet you at the lobby on time. Please provide your hotel name and address at time of booking.
2. It takes around 2 hours to get to Jiankou Great Wall (foot of the mountain, Xizhazi village) in a private and air conditioned car.
3. The driver drops you off at Xizhazi village and will meet you again at the other end at Mutianyu.
4. Start with your private hiking guide from a small path in the mountain at Xizhazi village, where you can see both the wild mountain and part of a village with farmer's houses and crops.
5. Hike in the mountain for about 50 minutes before you get to the first tower - Zheng Bei Lou. This part is a little strenuous, but mostly moderate. You'll see the Great Wall in the mountain when you look up.
6. Get on the top of Zheng Bei Lou (the first tower on the Great Wall), where you can have the best and most magnificent view of Jiankou.
7. Walk along the wall with your private guide to the east of Zheng Bei Lou, heading for Mutianyu. You'll reach the most difficult part Ox Horn. But you can choose either to hike the Ox Horn, or to take the shortcut.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mutianyu Great Wall, Mutianyu Road, Huairou District, Beijing China
8. When you get to Mutianyu, the Great Wall looks a little bit different. Mutianyu is more renovated while Jiankou is completely wild and isolated. Fortunately, Mutianyu is not so crowded as Badaling Great Wall.
9. You'll walk to the 10th tower at Mutianyu and get down the Great Wall. This is the end of the hiking.
10. Take the shuttle bus to get down the mountain (your tour guide will arrange everything and you just need to follow), and get in the car again.
11. You'll be driven to a traditional Chinese restaurant to have lunch ( 20 minutes' driving from the entrance of Mutianyu to the restaurant). It is typical Chinese food with different dishes and rice as the main food.
12. After lunch, you will be transferred back to downtown Beijing and dropped off at your hotel. It takes around 1.5 hour to drive back to your centrally located hotel in Beijing.
Note: 1. The whole hiking and walking distance is around 10km (6.2 miles), about 3 or 4 hours; lunch is usually 1 or 1.5 hour. Otherwise, as this is a private tour, everything could be more flexible.
2. Your private English speaking hiking guide will be with you all the time from the beginning to the end.
3. Some simple snacks and water is provided in this tour.
4. It's the best way to hike from Jiankou to Mutianyu, because almost all the way are downward as long as you conquer the mountain in the beginning.
Duration: 2 hours