Trip to St.Cathrine Monastery & Moses mountain
By travel to church
Be enchanted by the Sinai desert and go to the top of Mount Moses and marvel at the incredible sunrise from the summit. Learn about the story of Moses tree. Browse through manuscripts at St Catherine’s Monastery. And learn about the story of St. Catherine and the story of the building of this monastery ,on an archaeological Coptic trip from Cairo to the monastery of St. Catherine.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
German, English, Italian, French, Spanish
What's not included
- Coptic attractions mentioned in the program
- Tour Guide
- Transfers in a private car
- Lunch in a local restaurant
- Pick up and drop off
- Mineral water
- Gratituties (optional)
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 128689P32
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- What you can expect during your visit
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Contactless payment for gratuities and add-ons
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with Trip to St.Cathrine Monastery & Moses mountain?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Trip to St.Cathrine Monastery & Moses mountain on Tripadvisor
- How much is Trip to St.Cathrine Monastery & Moses mountain?
- Trip to St.Cathrine Monastery & Moses mountain price starts from €393.90. Discover and book Trip to St.Cathrine Monastery & Moses mountain on Tripadvisor
- What is the Trip to St.Cathrine Monastery & Moses mountain cancellation policy?
- Trip to St.Cathrine Monastery & Moses mountain cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Trip to St.Cathrine Monastery & Moses mountain on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Trip to St.Cathrine Monastery & Moses mountain?
- Trip to St.Cathrine Monastery & Moses mountain is hosted by travel to church. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact travel to church on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Trip to St.Cathrine Monastery & Moses mountain on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 128689P32
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Cairo TowerStop: 15 hoursSaint Catherine’s Monastery is located in South Sinai, Egypt, below Mount Catherine, the highest mountain in Egypt, near Mount Moses. It is said to be the oldest monastery in the world, a major tourist attraction, where it is intended for tourist groups from all over the world . The monastery was built on the orders of Empress Helen, mother of Emperor Constantine, but it was actually Emperor Justinian who built it between 545 AD to contain the remains of St. Catherine, who lived in Alexandria. It is still one of the most famous symbolic religious groups in the world. The monastery contains many churches, including the main church (the Church of the Transfiguration),where we will find Moses tree that caught fire ,It was named after the place where the prophet Moses saw fire. Get picked up from your hotel in Cairo ,then travel in an air-conditioned vehicle and reach the Moses Mountain. Upon arrival, climb up Mount Sinai – the sacred place where the Prophet Moses received the 10 commandments. Reach 2,285 meters by climbing up 750 steps, strolling all night (approx 2-3 hours depending on the customers). Arrive at the summit and marvel at the rising sun slowly scattering across the mountains in all its splendor. While gazing at the sunrise, click awesome photos or pray if you wish to, then begin the descent back down. Remember, it will take around 2 hours to reach the bottom. Next, visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of St. Catherine’s Monastery. Browse through the old manuscripts displayed in the library and icons excavated from the Vatican. It is the oldest functioning Christian monasteries in the world situated on the Sinai Peninsula Finally, relax and take your lunch. End the journey with a hotel drop off at CairoRead more
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
Nile cruise on NYE
The Nile cruise was a nice experience for us. We had a good contact to Sandra from "Travel to church", who gave us …
My plan was landed sohag airport. At that airport, no bus service even no taxi services, we 5 person, wait almost t…
To see all main temples in 3 days
It was our dream to travel on Nile and see the main attractions at the same time and it came true. Thanks the team …
A beautiful day in the churches of Egypt
I went to the churches of Egypt and was very surprised to see it was a very wonderful trip where I enjoyed my time …
A nice trip
Wonderfull day trip from Hurghada to Luxor we visited the valley of kings and Hatshepsut. great tour guide and ver…