Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1PetraStop: 4 hours - Admission excludedLocated 140 miles (225 kilometers) from Amman, Petra once dominated the trade routes of ancient Arabia. Your visit to this hauntingly beautiful place begins with a walk through the Siq, a narrow path that was once the main entrance to the city. An impressively long, deep and narrow gorge of stunning natural beauty, the Siq is hemmed in by cliffs soaring up to 263 feet (80 meters), and measures three-quarters of a mile (1.2 kilometers). You will depart from your Hotel to Petra via an air-conditioned vehicle and will have the opportunity to stop and take a break as the journey is close to 2.5 hours south. Once you are in Petra, at the Petra Visitor Center, a guide can be arranged ( Optional ) after your ticket purchase and your meeting point to start your tour into Petra. Your dedicated English speaking tour guide will lead the tour inside of Petra and arrange entrance and logistics. It is advised to stay close to your guide to capture the details of the fascinating history of the Nabateans who built the city out of rocks. You will have the opportunity to rest, eat, drink, and use the facilities while in Petra, just inform your guide. At the end of the tour, your guide ( If Hired ) will escort you to the meeting point for your journey back to Amman. Expect about a 3-hour journey back to Amman.Read more
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from Amman hotels
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- English-speaking driver
- Onboard water
- Fuel surcharge
- Alcoholic drinks
- Local guide (optional)
- Entry fees to Petra
- Entry/Admission - Petra
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- There will not be enough time to climb up to Petra monastery
- Infant seats available
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
The Amman-Petra tour is excellent; however Mohamed,the driver is not very honest.The second day our tour supposed go to Jerash .He succeeded convincing us go to Dead sea instead.The tour is shorter time and boring,so the driver can drop us at gift-shopping stops .
Date of experience: February 2020
To start from the positive side - car was comfortable and had a wifi. Now to sum up the rest... Our driver seemed friendly at first, but he tried to get the money out of us at every possible occasion. This tour almost completely ruined our vacation mood and a great first…
15 Helpful votes
We had an excellent day. Our driver, Mohammed, was helpful, knowledgeable and a very good driver. We would definitely recommend him. Petra is amazing and it is possible to get away from the crowds.
Date of experience: April 2019
1 Helpful vote
Akram was an amazing driver. Told us a lot about Jordan on our drive from Amman to Petra. Took us off the main road when we were near Petra to show us some extra stuff. Definitely would book again if I came back to Jordan.
1 Helpful vote
Petra wow was great for us but a group of girls travelling alone is ok but not the best as many Arab guys trying to hit on us and get our numbers but Petra itself is perfect I don’t recommend you get a donkey or camel and if they beg you just a walk away but 1 day is enough and…
2 Helpful votes
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: R&H VIP Transportation Services & Car Rental
Very good trip with Muhammed
Muhammed was a very qualified driver with good english skills. He picked me up promptly at the hotel (even rung the…
False advertising, overpriced, inhospitable
I would never recommend this company. They advertised lunch at the Sohum Dead Sea spa and resort at Crowne plaza. …
Everything. The climb to the monastery is a must even though the treasury is already breathtaking. The al Siq has w…
Mt. Nebo. The memorial church of Moses. Our driver, Beder, seemed to have good insight about the sites. Good driver…
Great option for visiting Jerash (tour locations not quite interesting enough to warrant 5 stars)
The main highway to Umm Qais was closed so I elected not to take the backroads. The highlight of the trip is Jeras…
Great day trip from Amman
Jerash and Ajloun made a fantastic day trip from Amman. Our driver was waiting at our hotel early and was very frie…
Tour to Jerash, Ajloun castle and Umm Quais
We were very satisfied with this tour. Our driver, Mohammed, was very nice and helpful. We recommend it!
Paul & Sue G00
Roman city of Jerash
A constantly evolving excavation of the Roman city of Jerash. Temples, amphitheater’s , and the once shop lined cit…
Wadi Rum from Amman
Mohammed our driver is an excellent one. He came 10 minutes before the time. Very courteous and professional. Wil…
We hired a driver and a car for ourselves. It costed us 90 JOD, much cheaper than the tours offered by tuor operato…
Solo Female traveler
So my driver for the day was Mohammed and he was great! Very friendly and easy going, he contacted me the night bef…
Holy Sites -full day
My wife and I had a great time with our new friend Bader. He gave us some private lessons in Arabic during the tri…
Madaba and Mt Hebo
Prompt driver, comfortable car. Water provided. Mosaic sales stop added. Driver Personable. Transport only. No co…
So this place was hard to find using Cave of the Seven Sleepers on GPS (Goolgle Maps) it will result you to Turkey.…
You can do this trip on your own.
I did this trip last October and even though it says half day, I only spent probably about 3 hours with my driver.…
- Duration: 8–10 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Arabic, French, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Private Sightseeing Tours
Popular: Booked by 181 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Amman Petra Full-Day Trip
What time does Amman Petra Full-Day Trip start?
Amman Petra Full-Day Trip will start at 7:00 AM. Discover and book Amman Petra Full-Day Trip on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Amman Petra Full-Day Trip?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Amman Petra Full-Day Trip on Tripadvisor
How much is Amman Petra Full-Day Trip?
Amman Petra Full-Day Trip price starts from €80.54. Discover and book Amman Petra Full-Day Trip on Tripadvisor
What is the Amman Petra Full-Day Trip cancellation policy?
Amman Petra Full-Day Trip cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Amman Petra Full-Day Trip on Tripadvisor