Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Visit and explore Jerusalem as an individual traveler or as a family using sustainable and ecological transportation without compromising on your touring experience. On this tour, begin the journey through the 4000-year old history of Jerusalem. *Tour the highlights of Jerusalem Old City held most sacred by Jews, Christians, and Muslims. *Visit the Temple Mount to see the Dome of the Rock and the Al-Aqsa Mosque *Walk along the Via Dolorosa and visit the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and Hall of the Last Supper *See the Western Wall and Tomb of King David, both sacred in Judaism
- You'll start atHagana Rail StationTel Aviv-Yafo, IsraelYour tour begins at the Hagana Station in Tel-Aviv. Once in Jerusalem hop on the Light Rail, exit at the City Hall station and meet your guide at the Jaffa Gate entrance to the Old City. Your guide will be holding a red umbrella so they can't be missed.See address & details
- 1Western WallStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 2The Way of the Cross - Via DolorosaStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 3Church of the Holy SepulchreStop: 40 minutesSee details
- 4Dome of the RockStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5JerusalemStop: 3 hoursSee details
- You'll end atHagana Rail StationTel Aviv-Yafo, IsraelYour tour begins at the Hagana Station in Tel-Aviv. Once in Jerusalem hop on the Light Rail, exit at the City Hall station and meet your guide at the Jaffa Gate entrance to the Old City. Your guide will be holding a red umbrella so they can't be missed.See address & details
Hagana Rail Station, Tel Aviv-Yafo, Israel
Returns to original departure point
- Local licensed tour guide
- Round-trip train ticket from Tel-Aviv to Jerusalem
- Pass valid for local buses and Light Rail
- 4-hour guided group tour of Jerusalem Old City
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- The following items are prohibited on the Temple Mount: religious objects or political items of any kind, weapons, alcohol, iPads/tablets/eReaders, laptops, selfie-sticks, and tripods
- All visitors must wear either full length pants or a skirt that covers the ankles and have sleeves up to the elbows. There is a strict dress code on the Temple Mount
- The independent guides who employ us to market their tours have your best interests in mind; while the tour usually includes the sites & stories mentioned and lasts about 4 hours, your tour may vary depending on what your guide thinks is best for your group
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 35 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
A very worthwhile tour to do if staying in Tel Aviv. It takes just over half an hour, on a very funky double decker train, to get from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem and then a couple of minutes walk to meet your Guide. Our Guide, Baruch, was great and was only too happy to make sure we…
Response from IsraelRail, General Manager at Jerusalem Old City Day Tour by Train
Responded 15 Feb 2020
Dear Helen, we are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the travel to Jerusalem and your guided group tour of the Old City. Thank you for taking the time to write a review! Looking forward to welcoming you soon in Israel again.Bests, Henry
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
- Duration: 6h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,054 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 649 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Jerusalem Old City Day Tour by Train
Which attractions will I visit with Jerusalem Old City Day Tour by Train?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Jerusalem Old City Day Tour by Train on Tripadvisor
How much is Jerusalem Old City Day Tour by Train?
Jerusalem Old City Day Tour by Train price starts from €54.78. Discover and book Jerusalem Old City Day Tour by Train on Tripadvisor
What is the Jerusalem Old City Day Tour by Train cancellation policy?
Jerusalem Old City Day Tour by Train cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Jerusalem Old City Day Tour by Train on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Jerusalem Old City Day Tour by Train?
Jerusalem Old City Day Tour by Train is hosted by IsraelRail. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact IsraelRail on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Jerusalem Old City Day Tour by Train on Tripadvisor