Book by January 17 to save 10% off our previously offered price!
Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 4)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
It's a full day tour with a private guide focusing on the only 4 remaining monasteries that still exist in the Judean desert from the 4th century. You will enjoy the view of the desert and amazingly built monasteries and you will leave about the history and the culture region as well as the history and the stories behind these monasteries.
- You'll start atCheckpoint 300/Bethlehem RoadJerusalemOnce you get off the bus or the taxi, walk through the checkpoint building (Follow the sign) to cross to Bethlehem's side where I'll meet you. Everyone there is either crossing to Bethlehem or coming from Bethlehem so it's easy to find your way. You can always ask anyone for help if you need it.See address & details
- 1Mar Saba MonasteryStop: 90 minutesSee details
- 2Mar Jaris (St. George)Stop: 90 minutesSee details
- 3Jericho Cable CarStop: 15 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 4Mount of Temptation MonasteryStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 5Deir HijlehStop: 60 minutesSee detailsPass byBethlehem
- You'll end atCheckpoint 300/Bethlehem RoadJerusalemOnce you get off the bus or the taxi, walk through the checkpoint building (Follow the sign) to cross to Bethlehem's side where I'll meet you. Everyone there is either crossing to Bethlehem or coming from Bethlehem so it's easy to find your way. You can always ask anyone for help if you need it.See address & details
Checkpoint 300/Bethlehem Road, Jerusalem
Returns to original departure point
- Visit of 4 monasteries
- Bottled water
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pickup from Bethlehem 300 Checkpoint or your hotel inside Bethlehem
- Cable car fees
- Public transportation to the meeting point
- Entry/Admission - Jericho Cable Car
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Private Tours by Michael Jackaman
Great Experience, a must if you go to this part of the world
We took a private day tour and met Michael at the Checkpoint. He was there before the tour time and we got into his…
Fabulous tour of Bethlehem with Michael Jackaman.
Michael gave us a great half day tour of Bethlehem when were visited Israel in 2018. Well worth a side trip and eas…
Excellent Tour of Bethlehem
Our tour with Michael went at my pace, which was fairly slow as I was riding a hired mobility scooter. Regardless t…
I had a tour set in 2 weeks but due to the virus, the tour had to be cancelled. Communication was quick and the re…
An Unforgettable Tour with Michael !!!
My husband and I hired Michael for a full day private tour of Jericho, St. George’s Monastery, and Bethlehem. We h…
One of the highlights of our trip to Israel!
This was our first stop on our first trip to Israel. We wanted to learn as much as we could and see everything with…
Great day with Michael!
We explored and were given detailed explanations for the sights and even added a few extras. We all three of us c…
Michael is an amazing guide
Michael is very knowledgeable, i spent a day with him and i was impressed. He took me to 3/4 places, very patience …
Best Tour Guide in Palestine
We had an excellent time, Michael was the best. He customized our time with him and we really got a great sense of …
Xmas Eve private tour of Bethlehem
Michael was knowledgeable about history and very personable. He customized the tour for me and we had very interest…
Fantastic Tour Guide in Bethlehem
My friend and I crossed the security border from Jerusalem to Palestine by foot and were greeted by Michael for our…
Great tour tailored to my interests.
He was very accommodating and tailored my tour to my interests. I felt like I learned much of Bethlehem and of the …
Private tour of Bethlehem
This was the best tour we have ever had. Fadi was an outstanding guide in every way possible. He communicated excep…
The Best Holiday
This is the second time that I’ve visited Palestine. Michael was my tour guide back in 2018. I loved it so much tha…
Tour to St. George and Bethlehem
This one day trip with Michael is truly majestic! The beauty of the landscape and monasteries is matched by Michael…
- Duration: 7–8 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Popular: Booked by 649 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 144 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 516 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Monasteries of the Judean Desert Private Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Monasteries of the Judean Desert Private Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Monasteries of the Judean Desert Private Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Monasteries of the Judean Desert Private Tour?
Monasteries of the Judean Desert Private Tour price starts from €379.25. Discover and book Monasteries of the Judean Desert Private Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Monasteries of the Judean Desert Private Tour cancellation policy?
Monasteries of the Judean Desert Private Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Monasteries of the Judean Desert Private Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Monasteries of the Judean Desert Private Tour?
Monasteries of the Judean Desert Private Tour is hosted by Private Tours by Michael Jackaman. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Private Tours by Michael Jackaman on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Monasteries of the Judean Desert Private Tour on Tripadvisor