View all photos (12)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Galle day tour mainly covers Galle Dutch fort, Madhu river and turtles conservation centre in Balapitiya. Galle is a city on the south coast of Sri Lanka. It is famous for the Galle Dutch Fort plus breathtaking beaches along its coastline. Galle Dutch Fort is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Sri Lanka. Madu River is located in the south of Sri Lanka near Galle. The water of the river is dotted with small islands and the banks are all covered with lush mangrove forests that are home to dozens of incredible animal species. South coast is also important nesting grounds for sea turtles. A number of sea turtle conservation centres operate along the beach to ensure the safety of sea turtle nests. Altogether, five sea turtles nest in Sri Lankan beaches.
- Air conditioned vehicle with English speaking driver.
- Hotel pick up and drop off to most closely located hotels in Colombo or Mount Lavinia.
- 500ml mineral water bottle per person during the tour.
- All Government Taxes.
- Any Meals.
- Entrance fess to the sites which is not mentioned in inclusions.
- Madu River Boat fee.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Please be ready at the hotel lobby 15 minutes before the pick up time.
- Please bring valid passports for entering to the sites.
- Entrance fees to Turtle Hatchery US$2.00 per person (Approximately).
- Madu River Boat fee US$ 17.00 (Approximately) which can accommodate up to 6 people.
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Overa Tours
We were lucky to do a 10 day tour with the driver-guide Anura "Claude", he was a very responsible man, a safe drive…
Mr. Susantha and Mr. Bander - The Best Tour Guides Ever!!!
Mr. Susantha and Mr. Bander are epitome of what a tour guides should be - kind, patient, friendly and an excellent …
An impressive trip with driver Chanike
The whole journey is smooth and fruitful. The driver, Chanike is helpful and recommended some places to go to us. T…
Highlights of sri lanka tour
1.This was our first time visiting Sri Lanka. We have had an amazing holiday. Sigiriya, dambulla, kandy, nuwaraeliy…
Wild life tour with friendly professional mates
Safaris were always handled by knowledgeable animal trackers. We felt that the overa team was working really hard …
Excited at wilpattu National park
There are approximately 40 species of malmmals in the Wilpattu National Park. One of the best place to see Sri Lan…
One of the wonderful creations in the world. Breathtaking view. A place was built on top of this rock. it's a place…
comfortable and memorable tour
Overa tours provided an excellent Tour. The cost was very reasonable. Most enjoyable and memorable 6 days Vietnam T…
Tour of Sri Lanka
Yes, it was a very memorable trip and one that we would suggest to other people. Sity is a nice guy, he did a great…
Best tour company in Srilanka.
I was looking to explore Sri Lanka on a budget friendly trip last May, after having heard so much about the culture…
Visit to deam place.
We have vista Sri Lanka in the month of Jan. it was an amazing tour with the help of best tour company Kamal is hav…
Best experience ever. We had a great fun of being there. Not only the wildlife the hospitality was awesome. Thank y…
Most Wonderful and Amazing Place. Sigiriya is a great Place to visit for any visitors.I will never forget this amaz…
Thanks for Essence of srilanka.organizing a really unforgattable 7day tourin srilanka in February.and special thank…
Loved my visit to Udawalawe
A great safari experience. It is home to lots of animals. And also we saw variety of different species of birds. We…
- Duration: 12h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241