Recommended by 96% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Old QuarterStop: 3 hoursITINERARY Pick up in the hotel in Hanoi Old Quarter area from 18:00 - 18:10. Take a food-themed walking tour of Hanoi with a maximum group size of 06 to 08 passengers. Begin your 3 hours evening walking tour at Hanoi’s largest covered market, Dong Xuan. Along the perimeter of the market, dozens of street hawkers sell a staggering variety of produce from live seafood to exotic fruits and spices. Your expert English-speaking local guide will give you an insight into the intricacies and traditions of Vietnamese food culture, including details on ingredients and historical backgrounds of popular northern dishes. Eat as you go, trying seasonal fruits and sampling a tasty French-inspired snack from a street cart. Walking through the maze of bustling streets that make up Hanoi’s Old Quarter, tempt your taste buds with the famed Hanoi dish Banh Cuon at a local eatery. Watch in awe as the skilled chefs demonstrate for you how this tasty dish is put together. Continuing into the atmospheric heart of the Old Quarter, wander past street stalls and quiet residential lanes where you can observe local life that has changed little since Hanoi was founded more than 1,000 years ago. Your next 2 snack stops are at outdoor barbecue stalls. Sit down with the Hanoi locals and sample various meat, vegetable and bread specialties that are flame-grilled over hot coals for extra flavor. It’s then time for dessert as you venture down a small alley to join in the local tradition of feasting on fresh fruit served in a cup and smothered with crushed iced and condensed milk. This specialty is not to be missed! Your local guide will then take you to one of Hanoi’s best kept secrets, a hidden café with stunning views over the picturesque Hoan Kiem Lake. This hard-to-find café is one of the few left in the city that still serves egg coffee, a scrumptious local delicacy that you will sample whilst admiring the hustle and bustle of the city center below. Back hotel around 21:00Read more
- Pick up and drop off at your hotel in Hanoi center
- English speaking local guide
- Street foods
- Mineral water
- Bottled water
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Overall is not good enough. All local foods weren’t tasting good. The tour guide person had been replaced by an unexperienced little girl.
Date of experience: January 2020
We had a great time on our food tour at night in Hanoi with Avi our guide. She was such fun and very knowledgeable we went to places you would never find with out local knowledge and really enjoyed all the different dishes we had .We would recommend the tour to anyone. And ask…
Our tour guide was just amazing. She is very knowledgeable, spoke English well, and super friendly. We were able to taste some pretty darn delicious authentic Vietnamese food. Our tour guide was very accommodating as I said I wanted to eat snails and we took a detour. My husband…
Date of experience: April 2019
Yes the tour was good even though we were tired, got a good idea of the back streets in Hanoi, worth a try.
Date of experience: March 2019
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Private Sightseeing Tours
Frequently Asked Questions about Hanoi By Night Tour
What time does Hanoi By Night Tour start?
Hanoi By Night Tour will start at 6:00 PM. Discover and book Hanoi By Night Tour on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Hanoi By Night Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Hanoi By Night Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Hanoi By Night Tour?
Hanoi By Night Tour price starts from €28.80. Discover and book Hanoi By Night Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Hanoi By Night Tour cancellation policy?
Hanoi By Night Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Hanoi By Night Tour on Tripadvisor