View all photos (24)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Journey to the ancient capital of Siam on a full-day tour to Ayutthaya from Bangkok. Follow in the footsteps of kings, as you explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site, ruins of mighty temples, and the Bang Pa-In Royal Palace with a guide. Instead of driving back to Bangkok like most tours, take the scenic route to the capital on a Chao Phraya River cruise, including a delicious buffet lunch onboard.
You'll start at
River City Bangkok
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1อุทยานประวัติศาสตร์พระนครศรีอยุธยาStop: 3 hours -See details
- 2Bang Pa-In PalaceStop: 5 hours - Admission includedSee details
You'll end at
River City Bangkok
23 Soi Charoen Krung 24, Khwaeng Talat Noi, Khet Samphanthawong, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10100, ThailandFor shared option, transfers from/to Millenium Hilton, Peninsula Bangkok, Ibis Riverside, Avani Riverside, Anantara Riverside Bangkok, Montien Riverside, Riva Arun, Riva Surya and Nouvo City Hotel are excluded. Customer have own transfer to the meeting point at River city Shopping Center.
See address & details
- Visit the former Siamese capital on a guided tour of Ayutthaya
- See the UNESCO-listed ruins of ancient temples built over 400 years of rule
- Tour the well-preserved Bang Pa-In Royal Palace
- Return to Bangkok via a cruise on the Chao Phraya River with buffet lunch
What to Expect
After early morning pickup at your Bangkok hotel, ride in air-conditioned comfort north to Ayutthaya, the reigning capital of Siam for more than 400 years until it was sacked by the Burmese army. Learn about the fascinating history of the site and see examples of Thai, Chinese, Italian, and even Victorian architecture, as you tour the sprawling complex of crumbling temples and well-preserved palaces. A highlight is a visit to the Bang Pa-In Royal Palace, the ornate lakeside summer retreat of Thai King Rama V. When it's time to head back to Bangkok, take the slow and scenic way on a cruise along the Chao Phraya River. Watch the Thai countryside give way to the sprawling metropolis while enjoying a delicious buffet lunch. When the boat docks in the late afternoon, a driver waits to transfer you back to your hotel.
River City Bangkok, 23 Soi Charoen Krung 24, Khwaeng Talat Noi, Khet Samphanthawong, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10100, Thailand
Returns to original departure point
- Full Day Joined / Private tours and transfers with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation (Conditions apply for transfers outside the city centre and hotel along the river)
- One way river cruise on board from Ayutthaya to Bangkok
- All entrance and donation fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Buffet lunch on board is included (food only)
- Entry/Admission - Bang Pa-In Palace
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, shopping, portage fees.
- Supplement for transfers for customers arriving or departing from any airport or resorts in far area
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Bangkok areas and restricted to main hotels only
- This tour contains visits to royal sites so please dress appropriately (long pants and covered shoulders)
- Tour with Spanish-speaking guide available Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday only
- Tour with Italian-speaking guide available Monday and Wednesday only
- Should you have booked a joint / Seat-In-Coach excursion, we are unable to communicate with you with accurate participation numbers, as these may change until the very last moment.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- According to regulations set by the Port Authority of Thailand, we are unable to pick-up and drop off customers from main cruise ports such as the Klong Toey Cruise Terminal in Bangkok. Special permits are required to enter the cruise terminal premises
- For shared option, transfers from/to Millenium Hilton, Peninsula Bangkok, Ibis Riverside, Avani Riverside, Anantara Riverside Bangkok, Montien Riverside, Riva Arun, Riva Surya and Nouvo City Hotel are excluded. Customer have own transfer to the meeting point at River city Shopping Center.
- Most travellers can participate
- Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 55 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply for all riverside excursions (river cruises, lunch and dinner cruises, long tail boat tours and other water-based tour options), restrictions on transfers from and to booked riverside accommodation along the Chao Phraya River are applicable. Customers are requested to make it to their nearest pick-up point in the downtown Bangkok area.
- We regret that are unable to provide pick-up and drop-off transfer services from and to apartment complexes, local guest houses, private apartments or other non-registered tourism accommodations. We advise you kindly to head on your own arrangement to the nearest hotel inside the downtown Bangkok area.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment.
- It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements
- We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package.
- Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- Cruises are not available during the following dates / periods; Loy Krathong Festival (November), Christmas Eve (24 December) , Christmas Day (25 December) , New Year’s Eve (31 December),New Year’s Day (1 January) ,Valentine’s Day (14 February), Mother’s Day (12 August)
- Cruise operation will also seize during the annual dry-docking period; exact dates will be advised by the cruise company and are subject to change. We reserve the right to cancel requests during this/these period(s)
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Tour was exhausting- several temples- first was beautiful and peaceful, 2 Nd was a ruins, 3rd was so filthy with tortured elephants to ride. Biggest issue was it was so incredibly hot and the bus’s air conditioning broke 10 minutes into trip and didn’t get fixed till last stop-…
We booked the tour for our honeymoon and we were notified the day before that they won't be able to make the tour so we had to make another reservation through someone else. I haven't been refunded as of today!! Horrible service... Not trustworthy, stay away from this company!
Excellent day out and with a good guide with a good sense of humour. The first stop at the Bang Pa - Royal Palace was an absolute treat, we arrived before most tourists and the grounds filled with lakes, waterfall, temples was a sight to behold, pure magic. Then onto Ayuttthaya…
Date of experience: November 2018
Very good day out. Despite being 20 - 30 minutes late leaving because one couple were late, the visits to the Royal Palace and the two temples in Ayutthaya did not feel rushed. Be aware though that the Chinese house at the Royal Palace is undergoing major restoration and is…
Date of experience: February 2018
Our tour guide was First and I have absolutely no complaints about him. There is something comforting about knowing your tour guide grew up in the town he's about to show you. The tour starts early in the morning. Once you are on the main bus there's a little bit of a intro…
Date of experience: November 2017
About the operator
By: Asian Trails (Thailand)
Informative but overpriced
Our tour guide, John, was very knowledgeable about the sites and the surrounding neighborhoods. But P2000 (about…
Knowing Thailand since many years the main goal was to make the usual tourist tour with my girlfriend who was…
London, United Kingdom193
Average and a bit of a trap, but.....
One to tick off your list, but once you are on board you are locked in for a perusal of 99 things you would never…
Bath, United Kingdom75
First time visit to the home of Jim Thompson
Wonderful that Jim Thompson salvaged so many historical artifacts of Thai culture and tradition. We found the trip…
Lake Forest Park, Washington1319
Pleasant way to spend a couple of hours
This is the second time we have done this tour. The boat ride is quiet and peaceful. Lunch is delicious- khao soi…
There are a lot of choices when you want to do this in Bangkok. We were so glad we picked this small, intimate…
Half day on ping river boat with lunch
Well it was only a couple of hours, and our trip was from 3 pm so you couldn’t call it lunch and we were back by…
A Different Perspective
A very enjoyable boat ride up river and seeing the city fade into the rural areas north of Chiang Mai. Delicious…
A trip worthwhile
There are a lot of bad reviews about this. Yes they try to sell you things, and yes they hook your boat but you…
Good way to beat the crowds!
Scheduled a private, half-day tour, with hotel pick up. They were prompt, courteous and well informed. The guide…
- Duration: 9h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Italian, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071