View all photos (19)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Ksar of Ait-Ben-HaddouStop: 8 hours - Admission includedThis day trip takes you right across the chain of the high Atlas Mountains and over the famous “TIZI N’TICHKA” passes 1412 miles (2260 meters) high, the highest in the whole of Africa. All along the road you can see the Berber villages perched on the side of the mountains, sometimes hardly distinguishable from the mountains themselves. As you reach the far side of the mountains the landscape changes dramatically, becoming semi-arid and desert-like. Here is the Kasbah architecture with turrets on all the buildings, adorned with grilled windows and soft peach coloured walls. These traditional houses are made of adobe, highly suitable for the climatic conditions of the south. Following you journey through the beautiful valleys you will arrive at the ancient Kasbah of AIT BEN HADDOU, which is a UNESCO world Heritage listed site. After visiting the Kasbah you will then journey onward to OUARZAZATE, world renowned as the Moroccan Hollywood because of the famous films which have been shot there, including the “Lawrence of Arabia”, “Sodom et Gomorra”, “le joyful du Nil”, “Jesus de Nazareth”, “kingdom of heaven”, “the Mommy”, “Gladiator”, “7 days in Tibet”, “Alexander the GREAT”, “Babel”… You can also take the chance to visit the TAOURIRT Kasbah, classified by UNESCO as world heritage listed site. You may also stop by a cinema studio if this would interest youRead more
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Ksar of Ait-Ben-Haddou
- Entrance fees for cinema studios
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We had a wonderful, unforgettable day in the High Atlas thanks to Abdul. We took a private tour Marrakech to Ben Ait Haddou - Quazzazate. We were picked up promptly and were taken in a journey of high winding roads with lush green valleys up Tichka Pass and beyond. It was truly…
Date of experience: April 2018
Response from MOROCCO E, Gérant at Private Day trip from Marrakech to fortified unesco Kasbahs
Responded 2 Jun 2018
hello fiona Thank you so much for your very kind review, we can fell you had a good time and this means the world to us! Best regards
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Morocco Private Excursion
Faboulous trip with a good guide Who give us time and good information... it was wonderful expérience... thanks for…
Day trip to Atlas Mountains, Ait-ben-Haddou and Ouarzazate.
Our contact Driss was very helpful in putting together our custom day trip. He had great communication planning th…
We were from Canada and used them for a private driver service for our 8 to 9 days trip for Morocco (from Marrakech…
Trusty Tour Guide
Driss was our dedicated private tour guide on our trip to Marrakech which included airport transfers, day trip to b…
Proposal on the mountains
The guide was really nice and friendly. Took good care of us going up the mountain. I proposed to my girlfriend, an…
Ahmed - Private driver you Atlas Mountains and Desert from Marrakech - Amazing!
I cannot fault my experience with Morocco private excursion; from my initial inquiry through to pickup, they were i…
Our driver was very friendly and helpful in all kinds of situations. Ill be sure to book him again if i ever go bac…
Can be hire by day or by hour Always on time, great driver, very knowledgeable and super nice I cannot ask for mor…
Perfect professional service
Have been spending three full days with the excellent shuttle service and driver Achmed. On the way to Merzouga he …
From Casablanca to Taghazout with KIDS
Perfect, nothing to change. Was with us for 7 days on the trip as in the title. Safe driving, having in mind kids’ …
we were a group of 7 and for our transportational needs and tours this agency was the perfect choice. our driver Ah…
Morocco Private Excursion was the best choice for our needs as a private group of 7. Completely reliable, friendly …
Ahmed the driver accompanied us for a full eight days. Was attentive to all our requests, recommended places and w…
A different perspective.....a charming contrast to Marrakech.
I booked this day visit to Essaouira on line prior to travelling to marrakech. Booking was easy and efficient. All …
Morocco Private Transport and Topnotch Service
We used Morocco Private Excursions for 7 days traveling to various cities in Morocco. 1. Drivers were excellent! …
- Duration: 8–10 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 838 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Day trip from Marrakech to fortified unesco Kasbahs
What time does Private Day trip from Marrakech to fortified unesco Kasbahs start?
Private Day trip from Marrakech to fortified unesco Kasbahs will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Private Day trip from Marrakech to fortified unesco Kasbahs on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Private Day trip from Marrakech to fortified unesco Kasbahs?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Private Day trip from Marrakech to fortified unesco Kasbahs on Tripadvisor
How much is Private Day trip from Marrakech to fortified unesco Kasbahs?
Private Day trip from Marrakech to fortified unesco Kasbahs price starts from US$124.56. Discover and book Private Day trip from Marrakech to fortified unesco Kasbahs on Tripadvisor
What is the Private Day trip from Marrakech to fortified unesco Kasbahs cancellation policy?
Private Day trip from Marrakech to fortified unesco Kasbahs cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Day trip from Marrakech to fortified unesco Kasbahs on Tripadvisor