Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 6)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Kamoauli is a locally owned, all-wood, double-hulled, traditional Polynesian canoe (wa’a kaulua) offering a one-of-a-kind native Hawaiian cultural and educational experience. Come sail along the beautiful Waikiki coastline and become immersed in the stories and history of place (Mo‘olelo) reflected through the land (ʻāina) and ocean (moana) aboard a classroom on the sea. Our cultural practitioner and crew involve guests in hands on activities, using native materials to make food, clothing, tools, and other traditional items. Ask questions, explore the deck, nets and hulls, take part in poi (taro) pounding or just relax and enjoy. 'Ukulele music and traditional chants ('oli) with locally-sourced traditional food and drinks are all part of this unique experience. *Note: Due to COVID restrictions, all sails can only be booked as a private single group charter, with a minimum of one and a maximum of six passengers per charter. All ages welcome, minors must be accompanied by an adult.
- You'll start at1125 Ala Moana Blvd1125 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96813, USAKewalo Basin Harbor Pier D 106See address & details
- 1WaikikiStop: 2 hoursSail on the only US Coast Guard Certified Polynesian Canoe in the world. Come aboard and experience Native Hawaiian culture and activites and learn about the indigenous history of the Kona District of O'ahu as we sail the Waikiki coastline of Mamala Bay.Read more
- You'll end at1125 Ala Moana Blvd1125 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96813, USAKewalo Basin Harbor Pier D 106See address & details
1125 Ala Moana Blvd, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Traditional Hawaiian pupus and beverages
- Cultural & Educational Activites - experience traditional food preparation and clothing manufacture.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 1 more review on Viator
My family had the amazing opportunity to sail on Kamoauli for a sunset cruise to the Westside of the island and we couldn't be more happy with the entire experience! The moment we set foot on this one of kind Polynesian canoe we just couldn't wait for the adventure to begin!…
Date of experience: January 2020
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Kamoauli - A Native Cultural Experience Sailing the Waikiki Coast
Excellent cultural experience!
We went for an afternoon trip and it was fantastic. All of the crew were super knowledgeable and we learned a lot o…
Private Sunset Cruise
An unique romantic experience. We were serenaded, taught to make poi, and tasted local food. Highly recommended!
Absolutely amazing! My family had the best time. Captain Rob and his staff were hospitable and made us all feel at …
If we are looking for booze cruise, this is not for you. If you want to contribute to the local community and parti…
Personal Cruise with Whales and Dolphins
My wife and I were the only ones booked for the evening, instead of canceling they took us out for a personal cruis…
Amazing experience! DO IT!!
I can’t begin to describe this experience. I was looking for a gift for my husband that was educational in nature a…
10x better than any commercial sunset cruise!
Incredible trip on a gorgeous wooden catamaran built in Tonga. Only 6 passengers at a time, so it's really intimate…
We had a great time aboard Kamoauli!
Mahalo to Rob & crew for excellent educational and relaxing cruise along Wailiki Coast. We all loved it!
Sailing in Waikiki on a beautiful day
My friends and I enjoyed a relaxing and informative experience on Kamoauli. The crew were knowledgeable and safe a…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 233 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Polynesian Canoe Day Sail
What time does Polynesian Canoe Day Sail start?
Polynesian Canoe Day Sail will start at 12:00 PM. Discover and book Polynesian Canoe Day Sail on Tripadvisor
How much is Polynesian Canoe Day Sail?
Polynesian Canoe Day Sail price starts from €654.67. Discover and book Polynesian Canoe Day Sail on Tripadvisor
What is the Polynesian Canoe Day Sail cancellation policy?
Polynesian Canoe Day Sail cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Polynesian Canoe Day Sail on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Polynesian Canoe Day Sail?
Polynesian Canoe Day Sail is hosted by Kamoauli - A Native Cultural Experience Sailing the Waikiki Coast. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Kamoauli - A Native Cultural Experience Sailing the Waikiki Coast on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Polynesian Canoe Day Sail on Tripadvisor