Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll start at66-250 Kamehameha HwyOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1North Shore MarketplaceStop: 4 hours - Admission includedThis fun little adventure has it all: scenic views, exotic plants, and refreshing mountain streams. The "Iki" starts off with a 7-mile off-road ride to the trail head and continues with a hike through unspoiled natural beauty rarely witnessed by Oʻahu visitors. Hikers will scale windswept ridges, forge freshwater streams, and trek through verdant tropical valleys. See wild bananas, guava, bamboo thickets, scented gingers, and other spectacular rainforest plants. Revel in Hawai'i's fascinating history, culture, and ancient mythology as shared by an expert Hawaiian guide. If that's not enough, how about a rejuvenating swim in a private mountain pool? End your hike with a light gourmet lunch and this experience will have you smiling all the way home. This is the best little trail on the island and the perfect way to experience Oʻahu.Read more
- You'll end at66-250 Kamehameha Hwy66-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712, USAPlease meet outside the Aloha General Store in the North Shore Marketplace (66-250 Kamehameha Hwy). Look for our off-road vehicle with North Shore EcoTours signage on the side. Driving instructions: From Waikīkī (~31.5mi., at least 1 hr. Plan for traffic on weekday mornings) 1. Head West on H-1 2. Take exit 8A H-2 North (Mililani, Wahiawā, North Shore). 3. See “North Bound on H-2” below… From Ko Olina/Kapolei (~29mi., 45min.) 1. Head East on Farrington Hwy (H-1) 2. Take exit 8B (on the left) H-2 North (Mililani, Wahiawā, North Shore). 3. See “North Bound on H-2” below… "North Bound on H-2" 1. Take exit 8 North (Kamehameha Hwy 80, Wahiawā) and continue on Hwy 80 through town. 2. At the end of town Kamehameha Highway turns from route 80 to 99 continue straight. 3. Continuing past Dole Plantation, Hwy 99 drives through pineapple fields and old sugar cane lands. 4. As Hwy 99 descends into Haleʻiwa, a view of the North Shore will open up. 5. Take a left at the traffic light toward Hale’iwa Town. 6. There will be a circular junction (Weed Circle) stay to the right, a quick on and off, and continue past Starbucks. 7. Pass McDonald’s (left side)…as structures end and fields open up on both sides of the road the next development on the right will be the North Shore Marketplace. If you get lost, call 1 (877) 521-4453See address & details
66-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Haleiwa, HI 96712, USA
Returns to original departure point
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Private Conservation Land fees
- TripAdvisor Experiences brokerage fee
- Bottled water
- Professional driver
- Expert local guide
- 4wd transport by air-conditioned coach to trailhead
- Waikiki pickup & drop off available for an additional fee
- Entry/Admission - North Shore Marketplace
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 10 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A maximum of 10 people per booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
What a super fun day with Keola! It was so fun to get into nature and hike on privately owned land with such rich history. Beautiful scenery, great knowledge of history and a vigorous hike including lunch made for a memorable day. Many thanks for a great way to end 2020. I…
Response from Noah R, Owner at Huakai Iki - Little Hiking Adventure
Responded 1 week ago
Mahalo for choosing to enjoy the end of your year with us and for the positive review.
I am smiling ear to ear as I type this review. Riding in the Pinzguaer was exhilarating and fun! We were laughing the entire time. The views were breathtaking! The Native plants were incredible. Our group wanted to stay and enjoy the clean air, beautiful scenery, fun ride, and…
Date of experience: July 2020
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: North Shore EcoTours
Great time with Ryan!
Ryan took us on a great hike and shared interesting information about Hawaii’s native plants and history. Would de…
Great add on to our tour schedule!
North Shore Eco tours was outstanding and absolutely worth the investment of time and money. Haleiwa is a nice area…
Unique Oahu Experience
Our family had a great time on the Eco Tour/Wild Boar Excursion. Exploring the lush interior of the North Shore was…
Visiting North Shore Haleiwa
We had an amazing time visiting Haleiwa town. Our driver Kaeloa was very knowledgeable about history and places we …
Beautiful but fairly advanced hike through untouched nature
Just the trip to the trail head is amazingly fun, if a bit hard on the internal organs. The views on the way to the…
This is a great tour. Had so much fun and learned a lot about Hawaii. Our guide was very friendly and knowledgeable…
Informative and challenging -but in a good way!
We enjoyed a 3-4 hr hike and it was very educational - there’s a strong cultural component to the tour; we learned …
Exciting and informative tour, a MUST!
This was the best tour we had while on our vacation! My family wanted to see the mountains and learn more about wh…
We went on the “big hike.” The hike itself was wonderful but what took it above and beyond was the guide. Keola was…
A lot of fun
The experience was awesome. Driving thru the back country was a lot of fun. Our guided was very knowledgeable about…
Big adventure hike!
We had the most amazing day with Keola! I don’t know where to begin! I learned so much that I wish I had taken no…
Top notch, class act group! North Shore shuttle
My wife and I were looking for shuttles to get out of Waikiki for a day and check out the North Shore. We went with…
Off roading tour
Excellent tour! My 8 year old son and I really enjoyed this adventure on Oahu and the information provided by our t…
Great experience, much more than we expected! Ryan was our guide and he was fantastic! He gave us a lot of histor…
Great tour, good value!
We really enjoyed this tour into the outback of the Kualoa ranch. Parts of the tour may be a bit rough for folks wi…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 233 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Huakai Iki - Little Hiking Adventure
Which attractions will I visit with Huakai Iki - Little Hiking Adventure?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Huakai Iki - Little Hiking Adventure on Tripadvisor
How much is Huakai Iki - Little Hiking Adventure?
Huakai Iki - Little Hiking Adventure price starts from €89.87. Discover and book Huakai Iki - Little Hiking Adventure on Tripadvisor
What is the Huakai Iki - Little Hiking Adventure cancellation policy?
Huakai Iki - Little Hiking Adventure cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Huakai Iki - Little Hiking Adventure on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Huakai Iki - Little Hiking Adventure?
Huakai Iki - Little Hiking Adventure is hosted by North Shore EcoTours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact North Shore EcoTours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Huakai Iki - Little Hiking Adventure on Tripadvisor