Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price Guarantee
As you cut through the jungle and cruise across open pastures in the glow of the sunset, you’ll wonder how you arrived at such a beautiful place. This is our premier off-road experience, and you’ll enjoy all the best of our other off-road tours, but under colorful Hawaiian skies and with a cool breeze behind you. Plus, you’ll be treated to a locally catered dinner at our private lookout point, complete with a crackling fire, toasted marshmallows, and the sights and sounds of an Oahu twilight. On the tour, one of our guides will show you to WWII historical sites, the Hidden Cave, filming locations, and point out some of the plants and wildlife along the way. You’ll have the chance to disembark to get an up-close look at the unique features that make Hawaii so special. It will be an adventure you’ll always remember. We look forward to seeing you!
- You'll start atGunstock Ranch56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96762, USADeparture Point: Gunstock Ranch Trails Office Address: 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Laie, HI 96762 Directions: Gunstock Ranch is located 2 miles North of the Polynesian Cultural Center, between the towns of Laie and Kahuku, Oahu. We are a 10-minute drive from Turtle Bay Resort.See address & details
- 1Gunstock RanchStop: 2 hoursAfter a sunset tour of the countryside, sit down to a locally sourced meal beside the campfire with your special someone.Read more
- You'll end atGunstock Ranch56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96762, USADeparture Point: Gunstock Ranch Trails Office Address: 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Laie, HI 96762 Directions: Gunstock Ranch is located 2 miles North of the Polynesian Cultural Center, between the towns of Laie and Kahuku, Oahu. We are a 10-minute drive from Turtle Bay Resort.See address & details
Gunstock Ranch, 56-250 Kamehameha Hwy, Kahuku, HI 96762, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Tour wrangler/ guide
- Free Parking
- A catered dinner will be provided
- Bottled water
- Souvenir photos
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Minimum age is 5 years and must sit in their own seat
- Covered shoes are recommended; bring a light jacket if the weather is cold
- We ride rain or shine. If canceled due to unsafe weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- No pregnant or intoxicated riders will be allowed.
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
My wife and I did the trail ride with dinner, and it was amazing! Our guide, Drew, was personable, funny, and knew a lot about the ranch and its history. The views are amazing, the food was delicious, and the horses were so sweet. We'll definitely be coming back again another…
Date of experience: August 2020
Response from KLMGunstock, Manager at Private Off-Road Sunset Dinner
Responded 27 Aug 2020
Mahalo for the review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience with Drew and we hope that you'll visit us again soon!
First I must say I heard of the ranch from the Hilton Hawaiian village concierge desk. If you’re looking for a dream destination for a private intimate proposal look no further. First I must say our plane was delayed a full day and we missed our original date and time. The…
Response from KLMGunstock, Guest Relations Manager at Private Off-Road Sunset Dinner
Responded 7 Feb 2020
This is amazing! What a story! We are so honored to be part of this big moment for you. Sending lots of good wishes your way and wishing you a life of happiness! See you back for your anniversary !
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Gunstock Ranch
Taken advantage of
I paid for several people including children prior to our scheduled reservation. One child was terrified to ride th…
1.5 horseback riding
We went with our young adult son as locals and enjoyed the ride very much. Kira our guide was most friendly and inf…
Advanced Ride Experience
My sister and I grew up riding horses, we wanted to do something fun and saw this advanced ride giving us the oppor…
Best on island
We have been horse back riding at other places on island but they seem to be "touristy". Gunstock was a much more a…
What better way to see the beautiful mountains and views in Hawaii!! Staff was friendly and attentive and felt safe…
My little paniolos loved this
My girls were gifted a horse back ride for Christmas. They are 3yo and 5yo. They loved it. The ranch hand (forget h…
The best advanced trail ride on the island!
Always a fun time when you ride at Gunstock! The trails are beautiful, the staff happy and friendly and the horses …
Kiera was our guide and she was so pleasant and easy to talk to. The horses were awesome. My husband rode Winston w…
A Super Fun Mountain Ride
My wife and I were driving up the Kam Hwy. I saw a ranch and asked her if she liked horseback riding. She said she…
Fantastic birthday ride
My wife and I have owned horses and ridden for a long time, but have taken a step back for a bit. Still, we wanted …
Enjoyable Sweetheart Ride
We so enjoyed our sweetheart horseback ride with our guide Riley! Beautiful views all around, knowledgeable and pat…
The staff was excellent and knowledgeable and my entire family fully enjoyed our ride! The staff took time to ensur…
Would absolutely recommend
We have done the advanced ride at Gunstock a few times now and have enjoyed it every time. Our moat recent ride was…
What a neat experience for the whole family. Our guide Camilla made us all feel safe and in the hands of a profess…
Beautiful Sunset Ride
We come to the North Shore every year for the surf, but always try to do one thing we hadn't done before. This was…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,690 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,282 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 2,131 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Off-Road Sunset Dinner
How much is Private Off-Road Sunset Dinner?
Private Off-Road Sunset Dinner price starts from €116.94. Discover and book Private Off-Road Sunset Dinner on Tripadvisor
What is the Private Off-Road Sunset Dinner cancellation policy?
Private Off-Road Sunset Dinner cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Off-Road Sunset Dinner on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Private Off-Road Sunset Dinner?
Private Off-Road Sunset Dinner is hosted by Gunstock Ranch. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Gunstock Ranch on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Off-Road Sunset Dinner on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Private Off-Road Sunset Dinner?
On average, this experience will take approximately 2h. Discover and book Private Off-Road Sunset Dinner on Tripadvisor