Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 11)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The price listed is for a private tour, all 11 seats in a Mercedes Sprinter van, customized to you. Make the most of your time in Kona by spending it at the sites that you want to see. First stop is your choice of two coffee farms, Greenwell or Royal Kona Coffee, both give you ample samples. Next step in your custom day is deciding on South Point or Kahuku. At the Kahuku unit of Hawaii Volcanoes National Park or the Southern most point in the United States, Green Sand Beach/South Point. Visit the Southernmost Bakery in the United States where you can have a malasada or any number of bakes goods. Next is Punalu’u Black sand beach which was formed from black volcanic glass and is often a napping place for Hawaii’s Green Sea turtles. Our last stop is the very famous and iconic Painted Church with the very special fresco’s. Built in 1899 this colorful church is legendary, and your specially trained guides are decipher the hidden messages Father John painted in the church.
- You’ll have 3 starting optionsSee Important Information for details
- 1The Painted ChurchStop: 25 minutesSee details
- 2Punalu'u Bake ShopStop: 25 minutesSee details
- 3Punalu'u Black Sand beachStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 4Papakolea Green Sand BeachStop: 55 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 5Hawai'i Volcanoes National Park Kahuku UnitStop: 55 minutesSee details
- You'll end atSee Important Information for details
Courtyard by Marriott King Kamehameha's Kona Beach Hotel, 75-5660 Palani Rd, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA Kaahumanu Place, Kaahumanu Pl, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA Kailua Pier, Kaahumanu Pl, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- 4x4 Ride to the Green Sand Beach (Optional)
- Entry/Admission - Papakolea Green Sand Beach
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- We follow Hawaii State Law. We have 2 Five Point Child Seats and Two Booster seats Contact us for availability.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Big Island VIP
Jodi was amazing. The trip was fantastic and we love all the photos that Jodi took and has shared with us. Incredib…
Great Tour of Hilo
Rob was the tour guide for our eight-person tour. We loved the spacious Mercedes van that picked us up right on tim…
Big island tour
Fantastic tour really goes above and beyond with knowledge and doesn’t just take you to the touristy spots. The onl…
We're a group of 7 friends ....spent 2 days in Kona after attending a wedding in Waikiki.
Our road trip with Jodi was fun and very informative...she has a deep knowledge and love for the island....wish we …
A wealth of information
Rob picked us up on our “Hilo day” from the cruise port. My dad’s limited mobility let us to choose a private tour …
Great Day Tour!
Rob was fantastic. Very informative, knowledgeable and personable. We were a group of 8 adults plus 2 year old with…
Do this private tour
5 couples just completed a cruise from Australia to the US. 8 ports of call, 8 tours (6 private). Easily this was t…
Private Group Tour from Cruise Port
Jodi was very communicative with exact details as to where to meet at the port. She arrived in her Mercedes van wh…
We had a day out with Jodi! It was a super day seeing lava, new black sand beach, steam vents, waterfall, volcano e…
best guided trip ever
I travel alot so I have been on a lot of these guided tours before. for the most part they are always good. not all…
We had a day tour with Jodi and it was fantastic. She took us to some fantastic spots and was very informative abou…
Truly Incredible Tour
Jodi was an excellent tour guide. Her knowledge and love of the Big Island came through. Took us all around Volca…
Absolutely the Best!
Jodi is an incredible tour guide! It's all in the details with Big Island VIP. She takes photos, knows so much hi…
Big Island Tour
We had a great day of touring with Jody! She went above and beyond our expectations and we highly recommend her ser…
Fantastic Value for Money Tour
What a fantastic day we had with Rob in his very comfortable air-conditioned van with 4 other couples from the Sea …
- Duration: 7h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: language_english_ffffe66c
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Popular: Booked by 1,244 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 3,295 travellers!