Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You’ll have 4 starting optionsOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Akaka Falls State ParkStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Waipio Valley LookoutStop: 15 minutesSee details
- 3Greenwell FarmsStop: 60 minutesSee details
- 4Punalu'u Black Sand beachStop: 30 minutesSee details
- 5Hawaii Volcanoes National ParkStop: 60 minutesSee details
- You'll end atSee Important Information for details
Hilo, HI 96720, USA Hilo Harbor, Hilo, HI 96720, USA Hilo International Airport, 2450 Kekuanaoa St, Hilo, HI 96720, USA Hele-On Mo'oheau Bus Terminal, 329 Kamehameha Ave, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Bottled water
- Hilo area hotel pick-up (we will contact you directly if we need to arrange a meeting location)
- Hilo airport pickup and drop-off
- Professional Guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Entry/Admission - Akaka Falls State Park
- Food (stops will be offered)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately (be prepared for sun, wind and rain)
- Covered walking shoes are required and a rain jacket is recommended
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required and a maximum of 12 passengers per departure
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and must have proper safety seats as required by Hawaii state law through age 7 (seats will be provided only upon request at time of booking).
- HOTEL pick-up is offered for this tour in the HILO area only. We highly recommend accommodations in Hilo. If you are staying in Kona or outside of Hilo, we will arrange to meet you at the Hilo Mo'oheau Bus Terminal (please confirm at time of booking).
- For CRUISE SHIP passengers, we pick-up directly at Hilo Harbor and will adjust the tour time and itinerary as needed to accommodate your ships time in port.
- For a one DAY TRIP to the Big Island, please make your travel arrangements to and from the Hilo International Airport.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- Please contact us if you are traveling with a wheelchair or scooter (they must be collapsible). All passengers must be able to step up on a stool and into a 15-passenger van on their own. Some stops are not wheelchair accessible.
- Kilauea volcano is an active volcano, you may be exposed to volcanic gas on this tour.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Read 9 more reviews on Viator
We had a fantastic near full day tour with Josh of Mauka Makai Adventures. We had been to Hawaii a few times and wanted to see some of the island we hadn't scene before the Hamakua Coast tour we took was perfect. It is great to have a guide who grew up in the region and not…
Date of experience: October 2019
1 Helpful vote
Our tour was customized as we had a group of over 20 people coming off the cruise ship a couple days later than scheduled. Josh met us with a couple of his friends/competitors (John & Lopaka) to accommodate all of us. That right there said a lot about the integrity of the…
Date of experience: September 2018
We thoroughly enjoyed our day with Josh. As we had seen some of the sights the previous day, Josh customized our day to ensure we saw as much as possible with no duplication. Our requests were black sand beach and a stop at the Harley store in Kona, and both were easily…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Mauka Makai Adventures
Awesome tour with Jill!!!!
This was one of our best tours. The vehicle was more than adequate - everyone was comfortable.Jill was very informa…
The tour of the volcano was excellent! Our tour guide Josh did a great job and was extremely informative. I highly…
Trip to Volcanoes National Park and other highlights around Hilo
Josh and Jill Grotkin provide wonderful tours of the island of Hawaii through their Mauka Makai Adventures. Josh w…
Why Private tours are worth the extra expense
There were 4 in our group wanting to get the most out of our time available. Our tour hostess and owner was amazin…
Great walking tour
Signed up for a bus tour of various parks. Great sites, good information. Walked around inactive volcanoes, saw ste…
Excellent tour !
This tour was great. Jills commentary was heartfelt and scientific at the same time. She personalised the tour to t…
Great family experience
Josh provided a great tour of the local area, he was knowledgeable and interesting. He shared a great deal of infor…
Good pace and was able to walk extra to serve our desire to be active. However, at optional stops at end, tour guid…
Josh was an excellent and personable guide. He was friendly and answered every question. I would highly recommend M…
Jill is an excellant guide. We learned all kinds of things about the big island. I highly recommend this tour wit…
This is a must use company. Josh is an unbelievably awesome guide. If you want the best this is your choice hands d…
Rainy Day Adventure
We had a good time at Volcano National Park even though it was a rainy day. Josh was very informative and he was on…
Josh was an excellent tour guide. He took our group all around to see the lava flows and gave us some great insight…
Excellent time in Hilo and Kona
Jill and Josh took our group of 7 on 2 tours (Hilo Volcano adventure and Historic Kona). This husband and wife team…
Jill was excellent. She was very informative and responsive. The day was delightful and we loved each area. Highly …
- Duration: 8–10 hours
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Nature and Wildlife
Popular: Booked by 6,641 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,033 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 3,295 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Tour: Hawaii Island Adventure
What time does Private Tour: Hawaii Island Adventure start?
Private Tour: Hawaii Island Adventure will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Private Tour: Hawaii Island Adventure on Tripadvisor
How much is Private Tour: Hawaii Island Adventure?
Private Tour: Hawaii Island Adventure price starts from €316.87. Discover and book Private Tour: Hawaii Island Adventure on Tripadvisor
What is the Private Tour: Hawaii Island Adventure cancellation policy?
Private Tour: Hawaii Island Adventure cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Tour: Hawaii Island Adventure on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Private Tour: Hawaii Island Adventure?
Private Tour: Hawaii Island Adventure is hosted by Mauka Makai Adventures. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Mauka Makai Adventures on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Tour: Hawaii Island Adventure on Tripadvisor