Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Barefoot Rental and ServicesStop: 11 hours - Admission includedOfficially called Actun Tunichil Muknal, the ATM Cave is a series of underground spaces measuring several kilometers long that were once used by the ancient Maya for a variety of ceremonial and religious purposes. Today, the ATM cave system is reached by hiking across a series of streams and then climbing, swimming and making your way deep into the caverns to clamber up to a raised area that contains ceramics, stoneware and ritual objects left behind by Maya priests. The most popular attraction at the ATM Cave is the complete remains of a young woman who was sacrificed in the cave. Over the centuries, her bones started to crystallize, giving her body a shimmering appearance that earned her the nickname of the Crystal Maiden. Exploring the ATM Cave is restricted to individuals who are in good health as visitors will have to both climb rocky surfaces as well as swim across deep water to reach the where Maya artifacts can be viewed.Read more
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Professional Tour guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Use of helmet, lights and life vests
- Transport by private vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Barefoot Rental and Services
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Not recommended for child aged 10 and under
- Wear cool comfortable jungle attire for this subtropical climate.
- Bring change of clothing
- Must have a pair of socks
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
My wife and I went to ATM with Ian. Even though it's a long drive, it went by quickly with all of the interesting stuff he pointed out to us along the way. We learned quite a lot about Mayan history and Belize in general. We enjoyed out time so much, we booked another excursion…
Our group of 18 had the pleasure of spending the week with Ian and Nestor. They were very knowledgeable and super accommodating. We did 4 different excursions (ATM Cave tour, Cave Tubing at Nohoch Che'en, Maya World River Tubing and Waterfall and Private Sailing, set up through…
Date of experience: February 2020
Response from BarefootServices, General Manager at Actun Tunichil Muknal Tour (ATM Cave)
Responded 25 Feb 2020
Sarah, Thank you for your review. Margo and friends had the best birthday celebration evvvverr :-) Ian and Nestor enjoyed spending the days with you all. We sincerely appreciate that you guys trusted us to provide these services and to execute with excellence. That is our goal. Be well and see you back in Belize...soon Megs
Wonderful trip all around. Ian our driver and guide picked us up early in the morning. He was very pleasant and open to questions throughout the trip and was very knowledgeable about a plethora of topics. Ian stayed with us the entire trip and made sure to look after us,…
Date of experience: February 2020
I am not very good at writing reviews but this deserves a try! We were picked up by our guide Ian at dawn and drove a couple hours to the site. Before getting half way there I have already been introduced to Belizean culture and history presented by Ian. He has incredible…
Date of experience: January 2020
My husband, seven-year old son, and I spent three days in Placencia, one of which was spent with Ian touring the ATM Cave. We booked our trip through Viator and it turned out that Ian was not available on the date we selected, but we received a note from him immediately offering…
Date of experience: December 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Barefoot Rental and Services
Very fun and informative trip
Our guide (Ian) from barefoot rentals was very engaging and knowledgeable and took time to explain all our question…
Cave Tubing & Blue Hole
Ian was very knowledgeable and friendly, we have a fantastic time both in and out of the caves. His lunch selection…
Exceeded ALL expectations!
We traveled to Belize for the first with a group of 18 and stayed in Placencia for 1 week. Barefoot handled every …
No help when needed
We were really excited to go on a tour with barefoot. My husband and I were going on our honeymoon and had set up t…
Bad Customer Service when you need help
My wife and I just had our honeymoon in Belize. We heard good things about barefoot. But we were mislead. We booked…
An amazing experience of such a beautiful country. We booked two different excursions with Barefoot: Day One - Ho…
Golf Cart was terrible
We rented a golf cart from Barefoot. They were prompt with delivery. However the cart was terrible! Front end wa…
WOW! Large group that had the time of our life!
We had the most amazing day and they accommodated a very large group like it was nothing. From the guides to the fo…
Best tour ever!
This company is amazing! My husband and I came to Belize on our honeymoon, and we used Barefoot for two services:…
We traveled to Placencia during our Thanksgiving vacation. I emailed Megs back and forth, and asked probably too ma…
One stop services
Barefoot is a well run company that provided excursions to Cockscomb Wildlife Sanctuary and Silk Caye plus provided…
Cockscomb Wildlife Sanctuary
8 of us went on this fabulous day long trip. We tubed, went on a hike to a bluff for some spectacular views then co…
Best tour guides!
Would definitely recommend! Everything was taken care of (always had beer, rum punch, and waters for us). And Ian i…
Too much travel time
We did the river tubing as we were there on a cruise ship. It was a total of 4 hours round trip to tube for one hou…
Almost a rip-off -- do not book with them
This last August, my boyfriend and I were in Placencia for 4 days and we rented a dirt bike from Barefoot Rental an…
- Duration: 11h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Actun Tunichil Muknal Tour (ATM Cave)
What time does Actun Tunichil Muknal Tour (ATM Cave) start?
Actun Tunichil Muknal Tour (ATM Cave) will start at 6:00 AM. Discover and book Actun Tunichil Muknal Tour (ATM Cave) on Tripadvisor
How much is Actun Tunichil Muknal Tour (ATM Cave)?
Actun Tunichil Muknal Tour (ATM Cave) price starts from €203.04. Discover and book Actun Tunichil Muknal Tour (ATM Cave) on Tripadvisor
What is the Actun Tunichil Muknal Tour (ATM Cave) cancellation policy?
Actun Tunichil Muknal Tour (ATM Cave) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Actun Tunichil Muknal Tour (ATM Cave) on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Actun Tunichil Muknal Tour (ATM Cave)?
Actun Tunichil Muknal Tour (ATM Cave) is hosted by Barefoot Rental and Services. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Barefoot Rental and Services on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Actun Tunichil Muknal Tour (ATM Cave) on Tripadvisor