Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Let our guides take you back in time, explore the impressive underworld of the ATM Cave and enjoy one of the most enlightening experiences of your life. When you venture into the hour glass shaped entrance you will be welcomed by clear blue waters from the perennial stream that flows throughout the cave. Along the way you will see ancient tools, pots and pieces and learn the history of the Mayan Civilization. As you travel deeper into the cave you will meet sacred burials and the Crystal Maiden complete and intact female remains covered in sparkling mineral deposits. Her death is sacrificial ritual for agricultural fertility.
- You'll start at29 Burns AvenueOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Actun Tunichil MuknalStop: 3 hours - Admission includedActun Tunichil Muknal “Cave of the Stone Sepulchre” was first discovered in 1989. Located in the Tapir Mountain Reserve of the Cayo District near the village of Roaring Creek, this popular cave is rated as the #1 cave in Central America by National Geographic and listed as one of the top things to do in Belize. The ATM Cave is known to have been used by the Mayas for ceremonial purposes during the Classic Period. Most of the ceremonies and/or rituals were carried out at the entrance of the cave. The interior of the cave was considered to be more sacred for its proximity to the Mayan rain God, Chaak. Towards the end of the Classic Period, it is believed that the rituals moved deeper into the cave as a result of drought, thus believed to contribute to the collapse of the Mayan Civilization. The natural geological wonder of crystalline stalactites and stalagmites formations are not the only remarkable thing about the ATM. This 5-kilometer-long museum is filled with ancient Mayan artefacts and holds over 14 human skeletal remains of men, women and children.Read more
- You'll end at29 Burns Avenue29 Burns Avenue, San Ignacio, BelizeOur office is on the first flow of Venus Hotel in San Ignacio Town.See address & details
29 Burns Avenue, San Ignacio, Belize
Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Helmet, Head light and life vest(optional)
- Entry/Admission - Actun Tunichil Muknal
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Our guide Oscar was perfect. He gave us information about every detail. Took his time and made us feel very comfortable. The way to the cave and the entrance was really cool. Going over rivers. The cave itself was behind amazing. You just have to do it.
Response from Tukantravelbelize, Public Relations Manager at ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal)
Responded 13 Mar 2020
Hi Maryna, We are happy to hear you had a great time at the ATM Cave with Oscar. :) It is indeed an amazing experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Tukan Shuttles & Adventures
Off road vehicle required. Jessie our guide navigated the treacherous road; nothing we would do on our own. Along t…
I had never been cave tubing, but it wasn't what I had imagined. Instead of each of us guiding our own inner tube…
Crowded. But the guides we had were awesome!
The guides we had were incredible, and knowledgeable. My Dad has some walking and balance issues, and they made sur…
Rudy was awesome .. the best. He was thorough with the history. Was obviously well versed in local culture and hist…
We used Tukan for tours as well as shuttle service. Every step of the way, the staff were all top notch. Jessie, wh…
Tukan is the BEST!
This experience was so memorable, fun and incredibly special! It was just what we needed as we were ending our vaca…
shuttle to airport
nice van for ride back to the airport. super nice staff. they originally were going to charge 55 usd for each of us…
Our driver Jessie was AMAZING!!! He was our driver from the water taxi, he told us the history of the area and cult…
The zipline + cavetubing tour was truly amazing! Our guide Rudy drove us to the sites and along the way, he told is…
Our Wonderful Drive
Some might dislike the prospect of a long shuttle ride, but this was contrary to the case. The service, the experie…
Barton Creek Tour
We had the great fortune of spending our Barton Creek tour with Rudy who was more than an excellent guide! He provi…
We booked a ziplining + cave tubing day adventure with Tukan through our hotel. They picked us up at the hotel and …
Awesome guide and shuttle driver!
Benjy and Richard were amazing. Such chill guys that are easy to get along with. I loved the tour and the zip linin…
Creek tour and Big Rock Falls
Last minute I decided to add Big Rock Falls and they where super accommodating. They messaged me in advance to let …
Tukan Shuttles and Adventures
My driver from the airport was amazing. I wasn't expecting much, but they were not only friendly but soo helpful in…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,008 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 178 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal)
What time does ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal) start?
ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal) will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal) on Tripadvisor
How much is ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal)?
ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal) price starts from €107.17. Discover and book ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal) on Tripadvisor
What is the ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal) cancellation policy?
ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal) cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal) on Tripadvisor
Which company provides ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal)?
ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal) is hosted by Tukan Shuttles & Adventures. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Tukan Shuttles & Adventures on Tripadvisor. Discover and book ATM Cave (Actun Tunichil Muknal) on Tripadvisor