Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Tikal is an ancient ruin called Yax Mutal. It is one of the largest archaeological sites located 19 miles north of Lake Petén Itza in the Northern Region of El Petén, Guatemala. Tikal forms part of Guatemala's Tikal National Park which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1979.The Tikal Tour takes you back in time where you get to observe and experience the architectural features of the ruins and learn about the daily lives and practices of the Mayans. MINIMUM 2 persons
- You’ll have 2 starting optionsOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1TikalStop: 4 hours - Admission includedThe Tikal Tour allows visitors to experience and observe a unique opportunity of the awesome architectural features of the ruins and also ponder the nature of the prehistoric human utilization. The tour starts at 7:30am, each person will be picked up at their hotel in San Ignacio or meet on 29 Burns Avenue, Venus Hotel or Midas Resort Belize on Branch Mouth Road in the receptionist area. You will be driven to the Western Border and assisted with crossing the Guatemala border safely. You will then meet with your guide (who speaks fluent English) and driven for another 1.5 hours of beautiful scenery of villages, farms, rainforests and lake. When you arrive at Tikal National Park, you will explore for 4 hours the most important Mayan site with over 3000 structures that has been excavated so far. Your guide will take you back in time of the daily life and practices of the ancient Mayas while you wander through the maze of magnificent ceremonial temples, twin pyramids, ball courts and climb the 44 meter Temple of The Grand Jaguar. Along the tour you will see wild life such as howler monkeys, coatis and birds. After the tour, you will enjoy lunch at a local restaurant which offers a wide option of food for you to choose from. Before heading back across the border to Belize, you will have time to shop for souvenirs and crafts to take back to your love ones. This tour is a full day tour that start at 7:30am. Things to know: Don't forget to bring along your passport. Dress comfortable Estimated time of tour: Approx. 9hrs Tour Package includes: Tour of Tikal Mayan Ruins Admission fee Border Fee Lunch Things to Bring: Passport Extra cash (to purchase souvenirs) Snacks and extra water Sun Screen Bug Spray Camera Sturdy walking shoeRead more
- You'll end atSee Important Information for details
Venus Hotel, 29 Burns Avenue, San Ignacio, Belize Midas Belize, Branch Mouth Road, San Ignacio, Belize
Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Local cuisine and vegan and vegetarian dishes.
- Border Fees
- Entry/Admission - Tikal
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Minimum 2 persons
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Tukan Shuttles & Adventures
Our guide Oscar was perfect. He gave us information about every detail. Took his time and made us feel very comfor…
Off road vehicle required. Jessie our guide navigated the treacherous road; nothing we would do on our own. Along t…
I had never been cave tubing, but it wasn't what I had imagined. Instead of each of us guiding our own inner tube…
Crowded. But the guides we had were awesome!
The guides we had were incredible, and knowledgeable. My Dad has some walking and balance issues, and they made sur…
Rudy was awesome .. the best. He was thorough with the history. Was obviously well versed in local culture and hist…
We used Tukan for tours as well as shuttle service. Every step of the way, the staff were all top notch. Jessie, wh…
Tukan is the BEST!
This experience was so memorable, fun and incredibly special! It was just what we needed as we were ending our vaca…
shuttle to airport
nice van for ride back to the airport. super nice staff. they originally were going to charge 55 usd for each of us…
Our driver Jessie was AMAZING!!! He was our driver from the water taxi, he told us the history of the area and cult…
The zipline + cavetubing tour was truly amazing! Our guide Rudy drove us to the sites and along the way, he told is…
Our Wonderful Drive
Some might dislike the prospect of a long shuttle ride, but this was contrary to the case. The service, the experie…
Barton Creek Tour
We had the great fortune of spending our Barton Creek tour with Rudy who was more than an excellent guide! He provi…
We booked a ziplining + cave tubing day adventure with Tukan through our hotel. They picked us up at the hotel and …
Awesome guide and shuttle driver!
Benjy and Richard were amazing. Such chill guys that are easy to get along with. I loved the tour and the zip linin…
Creek tour and Big Rock Falls
Last minute I decided to add Big Rock Falls and they where super accommodating. They messaged me in advance to let …
- Duration: 9h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+44 12 2492 8241
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 1,008 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 178 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Tikal Tour
What time does Tikal Tour start?
Tikal Tour will start at 7:30 AM. Discover and book Tikal Tour on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Tikal Tour?
How much is Tikal Tour?
Tikal Tour price starts from €142.63. Discover and book Tikal Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Tikal Tour cancellation policy?
Tikal Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Tikal Tour on Tripadvisor